|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lost in the Funhouse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times a year does Ambrose’s family come to Ocean City?
(a) Twice a year
(b) Once a year
(c) This is their first time at Ocean City
(d) Three times a year
2. What does Ambrose wish for at the end of the story?
(a) That he had never entered the funhouse and that he was dead
(b) That the funhouse had never been built
(c) That Magda was with him
(d) That he was already an adult
3. Many of what kind of machines are out of order in the penny arcade?
(a) The pinball machines
(b) The digger machines
(c) The fortune telling machines
(d) The skit bowling machines
4. What does Peter say is the reason Uncle Karl wants to go to the beach?
(a) He likes to watch the women
(b) He likes to body surf
(c) He likes to surf fish
(d) He likes to get a good tan
5. What does the narrator say is a symptom of nervous tension?
(a) Staring off into the distance
(b) Violent, repeating yawning
(c) Shuffling one’s feet
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ambrose’s voice if he becomes excited when talking?
2. Where in the funhouse can the boys see up the girls’ dresses if they try?
3. What is the usual reward for the first person to see the towers?
4. What does the narrator say is the way to maintain control of one’s voice?
5. What does the narrator say alternates back and forth in a narrative?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)