|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lost in the Funhouse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Ambrose’s imagination, what does Uncle Karl tease Ambrose about on the drive home from Ocean City?
(a) Loosing Magda and the chance to kiss her in the funhouse
(b) Finding his way through the funhouse with a blind Negro girl
(c) Running out from under the boardwalk looking terrified
(d) Getting lost in the funhouse
2. How does Ambrose end up with a sore toe in the funhouse?
(a) He stubs it on the wall
(b) A sailor and his girlfriend steps on the toe
(c) Magda jumps on it
(d) Peter accidentally kicks him
3. What does the narrator say is the manuscript mark for italic type?
(a) Backward quotation marks
(b) Highlighting the text
(c) A straight underline
(d) Putting the text in square parentheses
4. What does Ambrose think he would rather be than a designer of funhouses?
(a) He’d even rather be a boy scout leader
(b) He does not have any idea what he would rather do
(c) He’d rather be among the lovers for whom they are designed
(d) He’d rather write stories about being lost in the funhouse
5. Where do Ambrose and his family live?
(b) Washington D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about Magda’s physical figure?
2. What example does Ambrose use to show he has more imagination than Peter?
3. What does Ambrose fear is the difference between himself and others?
4. What do the children decide to do instead of enter the funhouse?
5. What does the narrator say is the way to maintain control of one’s voice?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)