|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many husbands has Jesse Mae had?
(d) Only 1, but the women spread rumors that she had married 8 men.
2. What color car does Penny drive?
3. Why does Marvin challenge Marvella in the train station?
(a) Marvin wants to know why they have to wait for the orange train when the blue one goes the same way.
(b) Marvin is tired of his mother flirting with the dreadlock man.
(c) Marvin does not believe her explanation of the train system.
(d) Marvin wants to go to the zoo tomorrow, not the next day.
4. What does Marcus call the dreadlock man?
(a) Dreadlock man.
(b) Natty Dreadlock.
(d) The man with the snake hair.
5. What does Mansfield die from?
(a) A car accident.
(c) A heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Gospel", how old is Anita?
2. What did Lydia's mother say about the first boy Lydia had sex with?
3. Where is Jack Lawrence originally from?
4. Who had Lydia been dreaming of when the phone rang?
5. How many members does the House of the Solitary Savior have?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Store", why does Kentucky criticize the protagonist?
2. Explain why Marvella scolds Avis at the opening of the story.
3. In "An Orange Line Train to Ballston", describe the opening of the story.
4. Describe Lydia's lifestyle in "Lost in the City".
5. How does Samuel Jr. react when he learns that his sister has kept contact with their father over the years?
6. Why does Marvella keep her children at the school in Northwest?
7. Explain why the judge tells Samuel Williams Sr.'s lawyer that he cannot defend a man who will not defend himself.
8. Describe the woman Mildred's husband had an affair with.
9. How do the Gospelteers respond to the fire at the church?
10. Explain how Santiago makes money.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)