|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mildred want to go during the conversation with the woman?
(a) The corner store.
2. What does Samuel Sr. say to his sister after he kills Angie?
(a) "I didn't do it".
(b) "Angie's dead".
(c) "I stabbed her a lot".
(d) "The gun went off".
3. What is Mildred following through the city?
(a) A taxi cab.
(b) A map to her friend's house.
(c) A series of directions given to her by her son.
(d) A yellow butterfly.
4. What does Joyce drink after speaking with Pearl?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A glass of whiskey.
(c) A fifth of vodka.
(d) The only beer in the house.
5. Where is Jack Lawrence originally from?
(b) Brooklyn Heights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the police officer force the protagonist to do as punishment for crossing the street illegally?
2. In "The Store", where does the protagonist commit his offense?
3. Who had Lydia been dreaming of when the phone rang?
4. Why does Humphrey show up at the new house?
5. In "The Store", where was the protagonist's first job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the infighting that occurs amongst the Gospelteers.
2. In "The Store", how does the protagonist begin his employment at the grocery store?
3. How does Samuel Jr. react when he learns that his sister has kept contact with their father over the years?
4. How does Mansfield's mistress talk to Lydia about her husband?
5. How does the protagonist of "The Store" garner promotion within the store?
6. Why does Santiago's grandmother ban him from her house?
7. Describe Lydia's lifestyle in "Lost in the City".
8. In "The Store", why does Kentucky criticize the protagonist?
9. Explain why Marvella scolds Avis at the opening of the story.
10. How do the Gospelteers respond to the fire at the church?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)