|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Cassandra's sister and brother-in-law live?
(a) Kenyon Street.
(b) Maple View Place.
(c) New York Ave.
(d) Clifton Street.
2. How does Caesar learn the mentally disabled woman's schedule?
(a) Caesar enlists Manny to tail her for him.
(b) Caesar enlists Carol to befriend her.
(c) Caesar follows her for two months, observing her activities.
(d) Caesar inquires about her at the home where she lives.
3. How much does the protagonist's mother give to the woman who assists in completing the forms in "The First Day"?
(a) 5 cents.
(c) 50 cents.
4. Where do Betsy Ann's pigeons fly away to each morning?
(a) The bell tower.
(b) The roof.
(c) The park.
(d) Miles' house.
5. Where did Caesar first see the mentally handicapped woman?
(a) Waiting for the bus with her housemates.
(b) Walking to work on the sidewalk.
(c) Standing outside the social security office.
(d) Walking into the grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betsy Ann say to her father about the pigeons?
2. When was the last time Caesar had seen Sherman?
3. How much does Mildred give Cassandra for gas?
4. When does "The First Day" take place?
5. What is the last thing the protagonist hears of her mother as she starts class in "The First Day"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The First Day", how well prepared is the protagonist's mother to enroll her child in school?
2. Why is the protagonist of "The First Day" turned away from Seaton Elementary?
3. How does Cassandra respond to teachers' attempts to set her straight?
4. How does Cassandra respond to the fight she has with her brother-in-law?
5. Describe the character of Cassandra G. Lewis in "The Night Rhonda Ferguson Was Killed".
6. Describe the final interaction between Caesar and Carol.
7. Describe the errand Gladys' mother pays Cassandra to run.
8. How does Cassandra response to Roger's attempt to rape Melanie?
9. Why does the protagonist's mother slap her across the mouth in "The First Day"?
10. Describe the conditions in which Betsy Ann's cousin Ralph grows up.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)