|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what illness does Clara die?
(b) A brain tumor.
(d) Sickle cell anemia.
2. How old is the protagonist of "The First Day"?
3. How long has Caesar been watching the mentally disabled woman?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 1 year.
4. When does "The Night Rhonda Ferguson Was Killed" take place?
5. Who accompanies Betsy Ann on her trips to retrieve her pigeons?
(a) Ralph Holley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the protagonist of "The First Day" wear in the opening scene?
2. In "Young Lions", what is the first thing Caesar eats/drinks from the refrigerator?
3. To what does the protagonist compare the admissions worker's pearls in "The First Day"?
4. What does the protagonist's mother do when the teacher introduces herself in "The First Day"?
5. What happens to Betsy Ann's pigeons?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Robert treat his daughter Betsy Ann?
2. How does Rhonda Ferguson's father treat Cassandra?
3. How do Caesar and Carol steal from their mark?
4. In "The First Day", how well prepared is the protagonist's mother to enroll her child in school?
5. How does the protagonist of "The First Day" describe the woman who greets her at Seaton Elementary?
6. How does the protagonist's mother feel about leaving her child at the school in "The First Day"?
7. Why does the protagonist's mother slap her across the mouth in "The First Day"?
8. How does Cassandra respond to the fight she has with her brother-in-law?
9. Describe the character of Cassandra G. Lewis in "The Night Rhonda Ferguson Was Killed".
10. Describe the final interaction between Caesar and Carol.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)