|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Angie holding in her hand at the time of her death?
(a) The knife.
(b) The telephone.
(c) A hairbrush.
(d) A credit card.
2. In "His Mother's House", what is one of the few things Santiago Moses's mother brings with her when she moves into the house Santiago bought for her?
(a) The teacup her mother gave her.
(b) The coffee table.
(c) The love seat.
(d) The single family portrait.
3. How many members does the House of the Solitary Savior have?
(c) No more than 50.
4. What does Mildred notice as she speaks to the woman?
(a) Mildred notices that she is much younger than she'd thought.
(b) Mildred notices how beautiful the woman actually was.
(c) Mildred notices how plain the woman appears.
(d) Mildred notices an arrogant way about her.
5. What time does Santiago call home?
6. In "Gospel", what is the only constant in Vivian Slater's life?
(a) Her attendance at church.
(b) A Sunday morning bath.
(c) The Gospelteers.
(d) Her Sunday morning performances.
7. What is Mildred following through the city?
(a) A taxi cab.
(b) A map to her friend's house.
(c) A series of directions given to her by her son.
(d) A yellow butterfly.
8. Where does Mildred want to go during the conversation with the woman?
(d) The corner store.
9. Why is Marvella embarrassed to publicly scold her child?
(a) There are white people around.
(b) Marvin did not really do anything wrong.
(c) Marvella does not like handling matters in public.
(d) The dreadlock man shakes his head in disgust.
10. Why does Humphrey show up at the new house?
(a) To threaten Santiago.
(b) To beg Santiago for money.
(c) To apologize for last night's fight.
(d) To leave money for Santiago.
11. In "The Store", why does the protagonist's father have to quit his job?
(a) The manager accuses him of stealing.
(b) The protagonist's father has a third heart attack.
(c) The protagonist's father has an affair with the owner's wife.
(d) The protagonist's father has to serve in the army.
12. What does Mildred say to the woman when she runs into her on the street?
(a) "Thank you."
(b) "How dare you?"
(c) "It was you."
(d) "Nice to meet you."
13. In "A Butterfly on F Street", how long had Mildred Harper been married to Mansfield Harper?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 27 years.
14. How does the protagonist of "The Store" get by day-to-day without a job?
(a) He lives with his mother.
(b) He finds food and shelter around dumpsters.
(c) He lives with his girlfriend.
(d) He steals necessary items from local stores.
15. How much did the copy of the trial manuscript cost?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Avis?
2. What did Lydia's mother say about the first boy Lydia had sex with?
3. Which odd behavior does Marvella's younger son Marcus exhibit?
4. How long ago did Mansfield's mistress return his belongings to his family?
5. Where is Jack Lawrence originally from?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)