|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mildred following through the city?
(a) A map to her friend's house.
(b) A yellow butterfly.
(c) A series of directions given to her by her son.
(d) A taxi cab.
2. What color car does Penny drive?
3. What does Avis ask the dreadlock man when she first sees him?
(a) Avis asks if he has a comb or brush.
(b) Avis asks if he thinks her mother is pretty.
(c) Avis asks if she can sit next to him.
(d) Avis asks where he is from.
4. In "An Orange Line Train to Ballston", what part of the train system fascinates Marvin?
(a) Marvin is fascinated by the advertisements the train passes on the way home.
(b) Marvin is fascinated by the light that indicates the train's arrival.
(c) Marvin is fascinated by the way the trains move so fast.
(d) Marvin is fascinated by all the people.
5. What was Angie holding in her hand at the time of her death?
(a) The knife.
(b) A credit card.
(c) The telephone.
(d) A hairbrush.
6. Which odd behavior does Marvella's younger son Marcus exhibit?
(a) Marcus stares for long periods of time.
(b) Marcus taps his left foot at all times.
(c) Marcus ties and unties his shoes.
(d) Marcus talks to himself.
7. How many members does the House of the Solitary Savior have?
(d) No more than 50.
8. On what day does Lydia's mother die?
(a) October 2nd.
(b) July 29th.
(c) July 31st.
(d) August 9th.
9. In "The Store", where does the protagonist commit his offense?
(a) In the No. 2 precinct.
(b) In the No. 3 precinct.
(c) In the No. 1 precinct.
(d) In the No. 4 precinct.
10. How old is Marvin?
11. In "The Store", where is the protagonist when he realizes he has left some of his personal belongings at the job he just quit?
(a) On 7th Street.
(b) On New York Ave.
(c) On 5th Street.
(d) On K Street.
12. What did Lydia's mother say about the first boy Lydia had sex with?
(a) Lydia's mother noted his light skin.
(b) Lydia's mother said she wouldn't have him in her house.
(c) Lydia's mother said he seemed like a fine young man.
(d) Lydia's mother said it seemed was only out for one thing.
13. What station does Vivian switch the radio to?
(a) The first station with the weather.
(b) The local talk radio program.
14. In "His Mother's House", what is one of the few things Santiago Moses's mother brings with her when she moves into the house Santiago bought for her?
(a) The single family portrait.
(b) The love seat.
(c) The teacup her mother gave her.
(d) The coffee table.
15. How much older than Vivian is her husband, Ralph?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 7 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Sunday Following Mother's Day", on what street was the family's apartment located?
2. In "Gospel", how old is Anita?
3. What does Mildred say to the woman when she runs into her on the street?
4. How old is Pookie when he decides not to visit his father anymore?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the characteristics the protagonist of "The Store" lists about himself in regard to his service at his first job?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)