|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pages is the trial manuscript?
2. Which odd behavior does Marvella's younger son Marcus exhibit?
(a) Marcus taps his left foot at all times.
(b) Marcus ties and unties his shoes.
(c) Marcus talks to himself.
(d) Marcus stares for long periods of time.
3. What did Pearl discover about a week after Humphrey was born?
(a) Pearl was deathly ill.
(b) Humphrey's father had been killed.
(c) Pearl could no longer produce milk.
(d) Humphrey and Santiago had the same father.
4. What is the name of the judge who sentences Samuel Sr.?
(a) Judge John Tellingford.
(b) Judge Robert Jones.
(c) Judge Franklin Rogers.
(d) Judge William McKenna.
5. How many members does Holy Tabernacle AME Zion have?
6. How old is Pookie when he decides not to visit his father anymore?
7. What did Lydia's mother say about the first boy Lydia had sex with?
(a) Lydia's mother noted his light skin.
(b) Lydia's mother said he seemed like a fine young man.
(c) Lydia's mother said it seemed was only out for one thing.
(d) Lydia's mother said she wouldn't have him in her house.
8. In "The Store", how much does the protagonist make in a week working at the store?
9. Where does Mildred want to go during the conversation with the woman?
(d) The corner store.
10. How does the protagonist of "The Store" get by day-to-day without a job?
(a) He lives with his mother.
(b) He steals necessary items from local stores.
(c) He finds food and shelter around dumpsters.
(d) He lives with his girlfriend.
11. What school does Lonney attend part-time?
(a) University of Virginia.
(b) D.C. Technical College.
12. What was the movie that Lydia went to see on her first date?
(b) "Saturday Night Fever".
(c) "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"
(d) "Breakfast at Tiffany's".
13. What station does Vivian switch the radio to?
(b) The local talk radio program.
(c) The first station with the weather.
14. How long have Joyce and Rickey been married?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 9 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 12 years.
15. In "The Sunday Following Mother's Day", how old was Madeleine Walters when her father killed her mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What toy does Madeleine bring with her as Maddie drags the children out of the house?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the characteristics the protagonist of "The Store" lists about himself in regard to his service at his first job?
3. What makes Vivian pause to think how many days she had been on a diet?
4. What does Maddie think the blood seeping out of Angie's body represents?
5. How much older than Vivian is her husband, Ralph?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)