|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Robert receive from Carleton and Carlos?
(a) "Don't cross Miss Jenny."
(b) "Don't overstay your welcome."
(c) "Don't go outside after dark."
(d) "Don't get lost in the city."
2. Where was the last place Caesar saw Sherman?
(a) His apartment.
(b) County Jail.
(c) Howard Hospital.
(d) Mt. Carmel Baptist Church.
3. Why does the protagonist's mother scold the protagonist while she is filling out paperwork in "The First Day"?
(a) The protagonist is misbehaving out of boredom.
(b) The protagonist is staring at a judgmental little girl.
(c) The protagonist is antagonizing another student.
(d) The protagonist is fussing with her clothes.
4. What put Sherman in the hospital?
(a) A robbery gone bad.
(b) A stabbing wound from a dispute.
(c) A drive-by shooting.
(d) A drug overdose.
5. How many pigeons does Miles give Betsy Ann?
6. In "The Night Rhonda Ferguson Was Killed", when the car stalls, who is able to get it started?
7. Where did Caesar first see the mentally handicapped woman?
(a) Walking into the grocery store.
(b) Walking to work on the sidewalk.
(c) Standing outside the social security office.
(d) Waiting for the bus with her housemates.
8. In "The First Day", the admissions staff members at Seaton Elementary look like models out of which of the following magazines?
(c) Marie Claire.
(d) Good Housekeeping.
9. Who accompanies Betsy Ann on her trips to retrieve her pigeons?
(d) Ralph Holley.
10. What does Cassandra call Rhonda Ferguson's father?
(c) Daddy Ferguson.
(d) Mr. Ferguson.
11. What color are the protagonist's socks in "The First Day"?
(a) One is black, one is white.
(c) White trimmed with green.
(d) Yellow trimmed in white and black.
12. Which church does the protagonist's mother attend in "The First Day"?
(a) Mt. Carmel Baptist.
(b) First Baptist Church.
(c) St. John's Lutheran.
(d) First Methodist Church.
13. In "The Girl Who Raised Pigeons," how many years pass before Betsy Ann wants to see the pigeons again?
14. What time is it when Melanie approaches Cassandra while she is sitting in her brother-in-law's car?
15. When does "The Night Rhonda Ferguson Was Killed" take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Caesar get his first gun?
2. What does Cassandra do instead of attending class?
3. What does Caesar do to convince Carol that he has read her note?
4. Why does Caesar dislike it when Manny calls his apartment?
5. What song does Anita ask Melanie to sing again?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)