|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A woman in "The First Day" has fashioned hair curlers out of which of the following?
(a) Paper money.
(c) Cardboard tubes.
(d) Candy wrappers.
2. How old are the mentally handicapped woman and her housemates?
(a) At least 30 years old.
(b) Around 20-25 years old.
(c) At least 40 years old.
(d) Clearly over 50 years old.
3. What does the protagonist's mother see as the "beginning and end of the world"?
4. Where did Caesar first see the mentally handicapped woman?
(a) Waiting for the bus with her housemates.
(b) Standing outside the social security office.
(c) Walking to work on the sidewalk.
(d) Walking into the grocery store.
5. What happens to Betsy Ann's pigeons?
(a) A neighbor, tired of the noise and smell, poisons them.
(b) Betsy Ann sets them free.
(c) All but two of the pigeons are killed by rats.
(d) The pigeons escape from the coop and fly away for good.
6. What advice does Robert receive from Carleton and Carlos?
(a) "Don't go outside after dark."
(b) "Don't overstay your welcome."
(c) "Don't get lost in the city."
(d) "Don't cross Miss Jenny."
7. In "The First Day", what does the protagonist liken her mother to as her mother pulls documents from her purse?
(a) A magician.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A bumbling fool.
(d) A library.
8. Who had told Caesar that dreams were a good sign for a conman?
9. What put Sherman in the hospital?
(a) A drug overdose.
(b) A robbery gone bad.
(c) A drive-by shooting.
(d) A stabbing wound from a dispute.
10. What color are the pigeons Betsy Ann receives from Miles?
(a) White and black.
(c) Red and white.
11. How does Caesar learn the mentally disabled woman's schedule?
(a) Caesar inquires about her at the home where she lives.
(b) Caesar enlists Carol to befriend her.
(c) Caesar follows her for two months, observing her activities.
(d) Caesar enlists Manny to tail her for him.
12. Who do the girls see moving into an apartment on 9th street?
(a) Cassandra's brother-in-law.
(b) Rhonda and Jeff.
(c) Joyce and Pearl.
13. How does Betsy Ann's father deal with the dead pigeons?
(a) Betsy Ann's father places them in a burlap sack and disposes of them on the way to work.
(b) Betsy Ann's father allows her to find and deal with them as a life lesson.
(c) Betsy Ann's father returns them to Miles and demands a refund.
(d) Betsy Ann's father cooks them for breakfast.
14. In "The Girl Who Raised Pigeons", what game do the boys play in the schoolyard?
(b) Dodge ball.
15. What does Cassandra ask Joyce Moses?
(a) Cassandra asks who the father of the baby is.
(b) Cassandra asks why she got pregnant.
(c) Cassandra asks why Joyce isn't showing yet.
(d) Cassandra asks if she can join Joyce and Pearl for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jenny encounter Clara and Robert?
2. In "The Night Rhonda Ferguson Was Killed", when the car stalls, who is able to get it started?
3. How many times this week has Caesar dreamed of the mentally disabled woman he plans to defraud?
4. Where was the last place Caesar saw Sherman?
5. What are Robert and Clara pretending to fight over?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)