|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Betsy Ann and her father live?
(a) In the basement of Jenny and Walter Creed's house.
(b) In a house with Miles.
(c) In an apartment on the third floor of Jenny and Walter Creed's house.
(d) In an apartment rented out by Betsy Ann's grandmother.
2. In "The First Day", the admissions staff members at Seaton Elementary look like models out of which of the following magazines?
(b) Marie Claire.
(c) Good Housekeeping.
3. When does "The First Day" take place?
4. How many pigeons does Miles give Betsy Ann?
5. Which elementary school does the protagonist's mother want her to attend in "The First Day"?
(a) Lincoln Memorial Elementary.
(b) Lafayette Elementary.
(c) Seaton Elementary.
(d) Walker-Jones Elementary.
6. How much does Mildred give Cassandra for gas?
(a) Nothing extra.
7. How long has Caesar been watching the mentally disabled woman?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 days.
8. Why does Caesar dislike it when Manny calls his apartment?
(a) Caesar has been trying to distance himself from Manny.
(b) Manny whispers everything over the phone, making it seem obscene.
(c) Caesar does not want Carol to find out what he is planning to do.
(d) Caesar does not want there to be record of any communications between himself and Manny.
9. What does Betsy Ann say to her father about the pigeons?
(a) "They tickle."
(b) "They smell."
(c) "They're dirty!"
(d) "They bite!"
10. What does Cassandra call Rhonda Ferguson's father?
(a) Daddy Ferguson.
(b) Mr. Ferguson.
11. What type of job does Manny offer to Caesar to tide him over until he succeeds with his heist?
(b) Trash detail.
(d) Busing tables.
12. Whose pigeons does Betsy Ann go to visit for the second time?
(b) Miss Jenny's.
13. From what illness does Clara die?
(a) A brain tumor.
(d) Sickle cell anemia.
14. What did Anita's father tell her about Anacostia?
(a) People there still live with chickens and cows.
(b) Anita should never go there because it is too far away.
(c) Anacostia is a place for men to live with their mistresses.
(d) Anacostia is a place full of criminals and thieves.
15. When the girls arrive at Mildred Harper's house, what does Mildred do?
(a) Mildred slaps them for daring to come to her house.
(b) Mildred calls for Gladys to answer the door.
(c) Mildred feeds them a dinner of fried chicken, string beans, potato salad, and rolls.
(d) Mildred shoves Gladys and a box of possessions into the car and walks away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manny doing at the table when Caesar arrives?
2. In "The Girl Who Raised Pigeons", how old is Miles?
3. What experience has taught Cassandra that asking questions can be dangerous?
4. What does Cassandra carry in her pocket?
5. In "The Night Rhonda Ferguson Was Killed", what is Cassandra eating at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)