|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Night Rhonda Ferguson Was Killed", when the car stalls, who is able to get it started?
2. What does Cassandra fight with her brother-in-law about?
(a) The amount of food she eats.
(b) Cassandra's truancy.
(c) Cassandra's foul language.
(d) The time she is supposed to be home at night.
3. How much does the protagonist's mother give to the woman who assists in completing the forms in "The First Day"?
(b) 5 cents.
(d) 50 cents.
4. What sign does Betsy Ann take to mean that the pigeons have decided to roost in her coop?
(a) The birds no longer leave the coop.
(b) The birds seem to like her.
(c) The birds have made a nest.
(d) The birds cower in the corner of the coop all day.
5. When does "The Night Rhonda Ferguson Was Killed" take place?
6. When does "The First Day" take place?
7. What does Cassandra ask Joyce Moses?
(a) Cassandra asks why Joyce isn't showing yet.
(b) Cassandra asks who the father of the baby is.
(c) Cassandra asks if she can join Joyce and Pearl for dinner.
(d) Cassandra asks why she got pregnant.
8. How long has Caesar been watching the mentally disabled woman?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
9. Why does the protagonist's mother need help with the school forms in "The First Day"?
(a) The protagonist's mother can read but not write.
(b) The protagonist's mother has never enrolled a child before.
(c) The protagonist's mother does not understand the new forms.
(d) The protagonist's mother cannot read.
10. Which school is the protagonist of "The First Day" zoned for?
(a) Walker-Jones Elementary.
(b) Lafayette Elementary.
(c) Lincoln Memorial Elementary.
(d) Seaton Elementary.
11. What smell does the protagonist of "The First Day" notice each time she turns her head?
(a) Gardenia perfume behind her ear.
(b) Fresh soap.
(c) Chemically treated hair.
(d) Dixie Peach hair grease.
12. What does Janet teach Robert to do using a blond baby doll?
(a) Braid a girl's hair.
(b) Pin a girl's dress.
(c) Change a girl's diaper.
(d) Comb a girl's hair.
13. What does Betsy Ann say to her father about the pigeons?
(a) "They're dirty!"
(b) "They bite!"
(c) "They tickle."
(d) "They smell."
14. Where do Betsy Ann and her father live?
(a) In the basement of Jenny and Walter Creed's house.
(b) In a house with Miles.
(c) In an apartment rented out by Betsy Ann's grandmother.
(d) In an apartment on the third floor of Jenny and Walter Creed's house.
15. What color are the pigeons Betsy Ann receives from Miles?
(b) White and black.
(c) Red and white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only reason Cassandra does not think it would be fair to shoot the fathers of Joyce's and Pearl's babies?
2. Where did Caesar first see the mentally handicapped woman?
3. Which church does the protagonist's mother attend in "The First Day"?
4. How does Betsy Ann's father get to work in the morning?
5. A woman in "The First Day" has fashioned hair curlers out of which of the following?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)