|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A New Man, A Dark Night, and Marie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the couple's children could not forgive his decision to leave their mother?
(a) Neither of the children; both understood.
(b) Their daughter.
(c) Their son.
(d) Both of the children.
2. What does Cassandra do to retaliate against her brother-in-law after their morning fight?
(a) Cassandra lays him out with a punch to the jaw.
(b) Cassandra skips school to smoke.
(c) Cassandra takes his car.
(d) Cassandra runs away.
3. In "The Store", how much does the protagonist make in a week working at the store?
4. What did Anita's father tell her about Anacostia?
(a) People there still live with chickens and cows.
(b) Anita should never go there because it is too far away.
(c) Anacostia is a place full of criminals and thieves.
(d) Anacostia is a place for men to live with their mistresses.
5. After Humphrey falls asleep on the couch, what falls out of his pocket?
(a) More money.
(b) A gun.
(c) Paperwork for a new job.
(d) A few tiny, clear packets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What station does Vivian switch the radio to?
2. Which church does the protagonist's mother attend in "The First Day"?
3. What color is Clara's casket?
4. How long has Caesar been watching the mentally disabled woman?
5. How old is Elaine when she runs away?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)