|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Butterfly on F Street and Gospel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Betsy Ann's pigeons fly away to each morning?
(a) The bell tower.
(b) Miles' house.
(c) The park.
(d) The roof.
2. Where does Jenny encounter Clara and Robert?
(a) Standing on the sidewalk outside her house.
(b) Outside Hahn's shoe store.
(c) Walking through Central Park.
(d) On the subway.
3. In "The Girl Who Raised Pigeons", what game do the boys play in the schoolyard?
(a) Dodge ball.
4. How much older than Vivian is her husband, Ralph?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 2 years.
5. What did Anita's father tell her about Anacostia?
(a) Anacostia is a place full of criminals and thieves.
(b) Anacostia is a place for men to live with their mistresses.
(c) Anita should never go there because it is too far away.
(d) People there still live with chickens and cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "His Mother's House", what is one of the few things Santiago Moses's mother brings with her when she moves into the house Santiago bought for her?
2. Which of the couple's children could not forgive his decision to leave their mother?
3. Why does Marvin challenge Marvella in the train station?
4. What color are the protagonist's socks in "The First Day"?
5. What time does Caesar agree to return to Manny's that night?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)