|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through An Orange Line Train to Ballston and The Sunday Following Mother's Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cassandra smoking at the opening of the story?
(c) Virginia Slims.
2. When the protagonist of "The First Day" initiates the "old, old game", how does her mother respond?
(a) The protagonist's mother becomes angry that the protagonist is behaving in this way publicly.
(b) The protagonist's mother breaks from her role in the game to dismiss the protagonist's action.
(c) The protagonist's mother smiles and plays along.
(d) The protagonist's mother whispers to the protagonist that she is a big girl now.
3. When does "The Night Rhonda Ferguson Was Killed" take place?
4. What does the protagonist's mother do when the teacher introduces herself in "The First Day"?
(a) The protagonist's mother tears up a bit.
(b) The protagonist's mother challenges the woman because she seems too young.
(c) The protagonist's mother stares at her.
(d) The protagonist's mother smiles proudly.
5. How much does Mildred give Cassandra for gas?
(b) Nothing extra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What put Sherman in the hospital?
2. How much did the copy of the trial manuscript cost?
3. How does Caesar learn the mentally disabled woman's schedule?
4. What was Angie holding in her hand at the time of her death?
5. What toy does Madeleine bring with her as Maddie drags the children out of the house?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)