|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Young Lions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing the protagonist hears of her mother as she starts class in "The First Day"?
(a) The sound of her proud laugh.
(b) A soft sniffle.
(c) The sound of her voice greeting other children.
(d) The clacking of her heels.
2. To what does the protagonist compare the admissions worker's pearls in "The First Day"?
(a) Jumbo-sized marbles.
(b) Golf balls.
3. What kind of shirt does Manny always wear?
(a) An undershirt.
(b) An oversized t-shirt.
(c) A Hawaiian shirt.
(d) A collared dress shirt.
4. What does Cassandra fight with her brother-in-law about?
(a) Cassandra's foul language.
(b) The amount of food she eats.
(c) Cassandra's truancy.
(d) The time she is supposed to be home at night.
5. What experience has taught Cassandra that asking questions can be dangerous?
(a) Attending school.
(b) Resisting arrest.
(c) Living with her brother-in-law.
(d) Being an orphan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are the mentally handicapped woman and her housemates?
2. What did Anita's father tell her about Anacostia?
3. What color are the protagonist's socks in "The First Day"?
4. What does Cassandra call Rhonda Ferguson's father?
5. In "The Girl Who Raised Pigeons", how old is Miles?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)