|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Young Lions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Night Rhonda Ferguson Was Killed", what is Cassandra eating at the beginning of the story?
(a) A grilled cheese sandwich.
(b) Two year-old Christmas candy.
(d) Cold pizza.
2. When the protagonist of "The First Day" initiates the "old, old game", how does her mother respond?
(a) The protagonist's mother breaks from her role in the game to dismiss the protagonist's action.
(b) The protagonist's mother whispers to the protagonist that she is a big girl now.
(c) The protagonist's mother smiles and plays along.
(d) The protagonist's mother becomes angry that the protagonist is behaving in this way publicly.
3. Where do Betsy Ann's pigeons fly away to each morning?
(a) Miles' house.
(b) The park.
(c) The bell tower.
(d) The roof.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the items the protagonist carries to school in "The First Day"?
(a) A box of crayons.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A pencil sharpener.
(d) A ten-cent black and white tablet.
5. What does the protagonist's mother see as the "beginning and end of the world"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the girls arrive at Mildred Harper's house, what does Mildred do?
2. What put Sherman in the hospital?
3. When does "The First Day" take place?
4. Who do the girls see moving into an apartment on 9th street?
5. How old are the mentally handicapped woman and her housemates?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)