|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Night Rhonda Ferguson Was Killed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Betsy Ann's pigeons?
(a) Betsy Ann sets them free.
(b) The pigeons escape from the coop and fly away for good.
(c) All but two of the pigeons are killed by rats.
(d) A neighbor, tired of the noise and smell, poisons them.
2. Where do Cassandra's sister and brother-in-law live?
(a) Maple View Place.
(b) Kenyon Street.
(c) Clifton Street.
(d) New York Ave.
3. In "The First Day", the admissions staff members at Seaton Elementary look like models out of which of the following magazines?
(b) Good Housekeeping.
(d) Marie Claire.
4. Where does Cassandra drive Gladys Harper?
(a) Gladys' school on Kenyon Street.
(b) Mt. Carmel Baptist Church.
(c) Gladys' mother's house on 12th Street.
(d) Gladys' father's house in Anacostia.
5. How old is the protagonist of "The First Day"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What experience has taught Cassandra that asking questions can be dangerous?
2. What does Cassandra do instead of attending class?
3. Where do Betsy Ann's pigeons fly away to each morning?
4. What does the protagonist of "The First Day" wear in the opening scene?
5. In "The Girl Who Raised Pigeons", what game do the boys play in the schoolyard?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)