|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the protagonist's mother scold the protagonist while she is filling out paperwork in "The First Day"?
(a) The protagonist is fussing with her clothes.
(b) The protagonist is misbehaving out of boredom.
(c) The protagonist is antagonizing another student.
(d) The protagonist is staring at a judgmental little girl.
2. To what does the narrator compare the first set of baby pigeons?
(c) Baby vultures.
3. When does "The First Day" take place?
4. In "The Girl Who Raised Pigeons", how old is Miles?
5. What are Robert and Clara pretending to fight over?
(a) Use of an umbrella.
(b) Places where they can eat dinner.
(c) Cab fare.
(d) Their share of the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jenny encounter Clara and Robert?
2. From what illness does Clara die?
3. What does Betsy Ann say to her father about the pigeons?
4. What does the protagonist of "The First Day" wear in the opening scene?
5. What smell does the protagonist of "The First Day" notice each time she turns her head?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)