|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the protagonist's mother do when the teacher introduces herself in "The First Day"?
(a) The protagonist's mother stares at her.
(b) The protagonist's mother smiles proudly.
(c) The protagonist's mother challenges the woman because she seems too young.
(d) The protagonist's mother tears up a bit.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the items the protagonist carries to school in "The First Day"?
(a) A ten-cent black and white tablet.
(b) A box of crayons.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A pencil sharpener.
3. In "The First Day", the admissions staff members at Seaton Elementary look like models out of which of the following magazines?
(a) Good Housekeeping.
(d) Marie Claire.
4. What smell does the protagonist of "The First Day" notice each time she turns her head?
(a) Fresh soap.
(b) Gardenia perfume behind her ear.
(c) Chemically treated hair.
(d) Dixie Peach hair grease.
5. Who accompanies Betsy Ann on her trips to retrieve her pigeons?
(a) Ralph Holley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the janitor, Jake Horton, send to Betsy Ann?
2. How many pigeons does Miles give Betsy Ann?
3. To what does the narrator compare the first set of baby pigeons?
4. Which elementary school does the protagonist's mother want her to attend in "The First Day"?
5. In "The Girl Who Raised Pigeons," how many years pass before Betsy Ann wants to see the pigeons again?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)