|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the protagonist's mother give to the woman who assists in completing the forms in "The First Day"?
(b) 5 cents.
(c) 50 cents.
2. What color are the protagonist's socks in "The First Day"?
(b) One is black, one is white.
(c) Yellow trimmed in white and black.
(d) White trimmed with green.
3. A woman in "The First Day" has fashioned hair curlers out of which of the following?
(b) Cardboard tubes.
(c) Paper money.
(d) Candy wrappers.
4. Whose pigeons does Betsy Ann go to visit for the second time?
(c) Miss Jenny's.
5. What are Robert and Clara pretending to fight over?
(a) Their share of the newspaper.
(b) Places where they can eat dinner.
(c) Cab fare.
(d) Use of an umbrella.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the pigeons Betsy Ann receives from Miles?
2. How does Betsy Ann's father get to work in the morning?
3. What advice does Robert receive from Carleton and Carlos?
4. To what does the protagonist compare the admissions worker's pearls in "The First Day"?
5. Why does the protagonist's mother scold the protagonist while she is filling out paperwork in "The First Day"?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)