|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Butterfly on F Street and Gospel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Betsy Ann's pigeons?
(a) A neighbor, tired of the noise and smell, poisons them.
(b) Betsy Ann sets them free.
(c) The pigeons escape from the coop and fly away for good.
(d) All but two of the pigeons are killed by rats.
2. What does the protagonist of "The First Day" have for breakfast?
(a) Pancakes without syrup.
(b) Toasted white bread.
(c) Oatmeal and milk.
(d) Eggs and bacon.
3. In "The Store", how old was the protagonist when he decided to quit his first job?
4. What makes Vivian pause to think how many days she had been on a diet?
(a) The doughnuts in the choir room.
(b) The breakfast Diane serves her children before she leaves with Vivian.
(c) The smell of coffee and bacon.
(d) The smell of baking bread as they drive by a bakery.
5. What advice does Robert receive from Carleton and Carlos?
(a) "Don't overstay your welcome."
(b) "Don't get lost in the city."
(c) "Don't cross Miss Jenny."
(d) "Don't go outside after dark."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Angie holding in her hand at the time of her death?
2. How old is Pookie when he decides not to visit his father anymore?
3. Why does Marvin challenge Marvella in the train station?
4. From what illness does Clara die?
5. In "The Girl Who Raised Pigeons," how many years pass before Betsy Ann wants to see the pigeons again?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)