|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Night Rhonda Ferguson Was Killed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which church does the protagonist's mother attend in "The First Day"?
(a) Mt. Carmel Baptist.
(b) First Methodist Church.
(c) St. John's Lutheran.
(d) First Baptist Church.
2. What happens to Betsy Ann's pigeons?
(a) The pigeons escape from the coop and fly away for good.
(b) Betsy Ann sets them free.
(c) A neighbor, tired of the noise and smell, poisons them.
(d) All but two of the pigeons are killed by rats.
3. What time is it when Melanie approaches Cassandra while she is sitting in her brother-in-law's car?
4. Why does the protagonist's mother scold the protagonist while she is filling out paperwork in "The First Day"?
(a) The protagonist is misbehaving out of boredom.
(b) The protagonist is staring at a judgmental little girl.
(c) The protagonist is fussing with her clothes.
(d) The protagonist is antagonizing another student.
5. What are Robert and Clara pretending to fight over?
(a) Their share of the newspaper.
(b) Cab fare.
(c) Use of an umbrella.
(d) Places where they can eat dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Anita ask Melanie to sing again?
2. How much does the protagonist's mother give to the woman who assists in completing the forms in "The First Day"?
3. In "The Night Rhonda Ferguson Was Killed", when the car stalls, who is able to get it started?
4. What is Cassandra smoking at the opening of the story?
5. In "The First Day", the admissions staff members at Seaton Elementary look like models out of which of the following magazines?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)