|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Night Rhonda Ferguson Was Killed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Betsy Ann's pigeons?
(a) The pigeons escape from the coop and fly away for good.
(b) A neighbor, tired of the noise and smell, poisons them.
(c) All but two of the pigeons are killed by rats.
(d) Betsy Ann sets them free.
2. What is the only reason Cassandra does not think it would be fair to shoot the fathers of Joyce's and Pearl's babies?
(a) The "It takes two to tango" rule.
(b) The boys offered to marry the girls.
(c) Boys will be boys.
(d) The boys' families would miss them.
3. When the girls arrive at Mildred Harper's house, what does Mildred do?
(a) Mildred feeds them a dinner of fried chicken, string beans, potato salad, and rolls.
(b) Mildred calls for Gladys to answer the door.
(c) Mildred shoves Gladys and a box of possessions into the car and walks away.
(d) Mildred slaps them for daring to come to her house.
4. What is Miles' profession?
(a) Street sweeper.
(c) Line cook.
(d) Executive assistant.
5. A woman in "The First Day" has fashioned hair curlers out of which of the following?
(a) Paper money.
(b) Candy wrappers.
(d) Cardboard tubes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the protagonist's socks in "The First Day"?
2. When does "The Night Rhonda Ferguson Was Killed" take place?
3. How does Betsy Ann's father deal with the dead pigeons?
4. What does the protagonist of "The First Day" wear in the opening scene?
5. What time is it when Melanie approaches Cassandra while she is sitting in her brother-in-law's car?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)