|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Store.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the items the protagonist carries to school in "The First Day"?
(a) A ten-cent black and white tablet.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A pencil sharpener.
(d) A box of crayons.
2. In "The Store", how long has Atlas Printing Co. been in business?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 150 years.
(c) 75 years.
(d) 30 years.
3. A woman in "The First Day" has fashioned hair curlers out of which of the following?
(b) Paper money.
(c) Candy wrappers.
(d) Cardboard tubes.
4. Who accompanies Betsy Ann on her trips to retrieve her pigeons?
(a) Ralph Holley.
5. In "The Store", how old was the protagonist when he decided to quit his first job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts Cassandra as she writes her phone number down for Wesley?
2. When the protagonist of "The First Day" initiates the "old, old game", how does her mother respond?
3. In "The First Day", what does the protagonist liken her mother to as her mother pulls documents from her purse?
4. What time does Caesar agree to return to Manny's that night?
5. Where do Betsy Ann and her father live?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)