|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Store.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Store", how long had the protagonist been out of work before he responded to the ad in the newspaper?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 3-4 months.
(d) 1 year.
2. What advice does Robert receive from Carleton and Carlos?
(a) "Don't go outside after dark."
(b) "Don't overstay your welcome."
(c) "Don't get lost in the city."
(d) "Don't cross Miss Jenny."
3. When does Lonney marry Brenda?
4. How does Betsy Ann's father deal with the dead pigeons?
(a) Betsy Ann's father cooks them for breakfast.
(b) Betsy Ann's father places them in a burlap sack and disposes of them on the way to work.
(c) Betsy Ann's father allows her to find and deal with them as a life lesson.
(d) Betsy Ann's father returns them to Miles and demands a refund.
5. What school does Lonney attend part-time?
(c) University of Virginia.
(d) D.C. Technical College.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the protagonist's mother need help with the school forms in "The First Day"?
2. In "The Store", how old was the protagonist when he decided to quit his first job?
3. To what does the narrator compare the first set of baby pigeons?
4. What does Janet teach Robert to do using a blond baby doll?
5. What time is it when Melanie approaches Cassandra while she is sitting in her brother-in-law's car?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)