|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Store.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Store", how long had the protagonist been out of work before he responded to the ad in the newspaper?
(a) 3-4 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 2 days.
2. What sign does Betsy Ann take to mean that the pigeons have decided to roost in her coop?
(a) The birds have made a nest.
(b) The birds seem to like her.
(c) The birds no longer leave the coop.
(d) The birds cower in the corner of the coop all day.
3. Who do the girls see moving into an apartment on 9th street?
(b) Rhonda and Jeff.
(c) Joyce and Pearl.
(d) Cassandra's brother-in-law.
4. Why does the protagonist's mother need help with the school forms in "The First Day"?
(a) The protagonist's mother can read but not write.
(b) The protagonist's mother does not understand the new forms.
(c) The protagonist's mother has never enrolled a child before.
(d) The protagonist's mother cannot read.
5. Who had told Caesar that dreams were a good sign for a conman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betsy Ann say to her father about the pigeons?
2. How does Betsy Ann's father get to work in the morning?
3. When does Lonney marry Brenda?
4. Where does Cassandra drive Gladys Harper?
5. What does Cassandra fight with her brother-in-law about?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)