|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Walter hope the rescue would bring according to Chapter 21?
2. When were the medics dropped in the valley according to Chapter 16?
3. What did the natives use to cover what the survivors and the paratrooper left behind?
4. What did Walter do to get himself out of the boredom of the stay in the valley?
5. Where were Walter and his men supposed to be sent to after going back to Hollandia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elsmore allow the press to do, and why was Walter restless in Chapter 20?
2. What happened the day after the medics jumped according to Chapter 17?
3. Who was Wimayuk Wandik and what did he do?
4. What was Walters warned about, and what did his men practice in Chapter 15?
5. Why did Walter have a sense of urgency?
6. What did the C-47 do at the start of Chapter 16?
7. What did the plane do in the morning according to Chapter 14?
8. Who was Earl Walter Junior according to Chapter 10?
9. What did McCollom bring back to the camp?
10. What was life like for the natives according to Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that the medics had in helping the survivors.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Major George H. Nicholson and Colonel Prossen on board the Gremlin Special.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role that McCollom played after the crash and determine whether or not he was most suited for a leadership role.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)