|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the survivors not think of doing after finding the crates of food?
2. What injuries did one of the medics sustain?
3. What plane was supposed to drop Walter's supplies?
4. What did reporters fail to publicize?
5. What did the survivors try to give the natives as a gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the plane do in the morning according to Chapter 14?
2. What did the C-47 do at the start of Chapter 16?
3. What did Earl Jr. think his father did?
4. What did the medics do after collecting their supplies?
5. What did McCollom speak with the radio man about?
6. What did Walter and his sergeant do in Chapter 18?
7. What did Earl Walter Jr. speak of to his men in Chapter 13?
8. What did Earl Jr. train to do and who did he train?
9. What did the natives do with the items left behind?
10. What were Margaret and McCollom horrified to find in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of Elsmore's claims regarding the valley.
Essay Topic 2
Define irony and discuss the significance in the decision made by the McCollom brothers on board the Gremlin Special.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the expectations of most women during the 1940's in America and discuss how Margaret broke free from this role.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)