|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was damaged as McCollom was carrying it from the tail section to the survivors?
2. Who was McCollom determined to keep watch on?
3. What did Margaret have trouble admitting?
4. When did the Gremlin Special lift off for its trip according to Chapter 5?
5. How many people did Richard Archbold have at the base camp in his third expedition to New Guinea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Colonel Ray T. Elsmore doing a year prior according to Chapter 3?
2. Who was Richard Archbold?
3. What did the Gremlin Special do at 2 o'clock in Chapter 5?
4. What did McCollom push the other two survivors to do?
5. What were the two teams supposed to do?
6. What did Margaret find in Chapter 6 and what did McCollum suggest?
7. What happened to the tail section and what was inside?
8. What did Nicholson do and what did McCollom tell Nicholson to do?
9. What traits did McCollom show after the crash?
10. What did the official report suggest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the lives of the natives before the crash of the Gremlin Special with after the crash, and discuss the implications of the crash as well as the role the media and government had in these changes.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of paratroopers during World War II and examine Earl Walter's unit and the significance of their mission.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Margaret and the woman who was termed "the queen."
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)