|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bearers did Richard Archbold have during his third expedition in New Guinea?
2. What are the colors of the WAC?
3. How many women died in WWII by the time of the Gremlin Special crash?
4. What was the rank of Peter Prossen?
5. When was "The Gremlins" written?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the tail section and what was inside?
2. What did Margaret find in Chapter 6 and what did McCollum suggest?
3. What traits did McCollom show after the crash?
4. What were the two teams supposed to do?
5. What was the assumption made about Prossen's actions?
6. What did the teams find of the natives?
7. What did Elsmore's unit form in Chapter 4?
8. What was Margaret's role on the military base according to Chapter 2?
9. Why was Elsmore amazed?
10. What did Prossen begin offering to his men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the decision to bury the dead and why it was important for the survivors and military.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the lives of the natives before the crash of the Gremlin Special with after the crash, and discuss the implications of the crash as well as the role the media and government had in these changes.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the expectations of most women during the 1940's in America and discuss how Margaret broke free from this role.
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)