|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury did McCollom sustain while carrying Eleanor?
2. How many women died in WWII by the time of the Gremlin Special crash?
3. What are the two type of gangrene according to Chapter 9?
4. When did Peter Prossen write a letter to his wife according to Chapter 2?
5. How fast did the C-47 go at full throttle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Major Myron Grimes point out on the flight?
2. What did the teams find of the natives?
3. What did McCollom do after the impact?
4. What did an inspection of Margaret's injuries reveal in Chapter 9?
5. What were the two teams supposed to do?
6. Why was Elsmore amazed?
7. What did the official report suggest?
8. What did Prossen begin offering to his men?
9. What did a Western Union messenger do in Chapter 1?
10. What was Colonel Ray T. Elsmore doing a year prior according to Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the children's story written by Roald Dahl and its significance for the Gremlin Special.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of Elsmore's claims regarding the valley.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Earl Water Jr. and Earl Walter Senior, discussing their similarities and differences.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)