|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ray T Elsmore's see aboard the plane over the valley?
(a) Wild birds.
(b) A large lake.
(c) Thousand of natives.
(d) Japanese troops.
2. What did the separation from their family and the harsh condition cause, according to Peter Prossen?
(a) Soldier to disobey orders.
(b) Soldiers to be more combative.
(c) Soldier to try to surrender.
(d) Soldiers to be depressed.
3. How many men survived the Flying Dutchman crash?
4. Why did McCollom not sit beside his brother?
(a) He was required to be a backup pilot.
(b) He wanted to sit in the back.
(c) He boarded too late.
(d) He wanted to have a better view.
5. How many languages did the peoples of New Guinea speak?
(a) Over a thousand.
(b) Over a hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Peter Prossen write a letter to his wife according to Chapter 2?
2. When was "The Gremlins" written?
3. Who was McCollom determined to keep watch on?
4. How many people did Richard Archbold have at the base camp in his third expedition to New Guinea?
5. When did Richard Archbold first go to New Guinea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Richard Archbold?
2. What did the official report suggest?
3. What did Prossen begin offering to his men?
4. What were the two teams supposed to do?
5. What did Prossen mention about his soldiers?
6. What claims did Elsmore make about the valley?
7. What decision did McCollom make in order to be discovered in Chapter 7?
8. What was Margaret's role on the military base according to Chapter 2?
9. What traits did McCollom show after the crash?
10. What did McCollom push the other two survivors to do?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)