|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plane was supposed to drop Walter's supplies?
(a) A B-24.
(b) A C-46.
(c) A B-29.
(d) A C-47.
2. How old was Walter when he was drafted?
3. How did the medics find the survivors?
(a) They used a map.
(b) They followed the smoke signals.
(c) The natives showed them.
(d) McCollom came to great them.
4. How long after the medics did Walter and his men jump into the valley according to Chapter 17?
(a) A day.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 4 days.
5. What did the survivors hope planes would bring?
(b) More food.
(d) Pain killers.
6. Who was the lookout to locate the crates dropped form the plane in Chapter 14?
(c) A native.
7. Where were the pigs kept in the villages?
(a) In a pen outside the camp.
(b) In the women's hut.
(c) In the men's hut.
(d) With the horses.
8. What did Walter hope the rescue would bring according to Chapter 21?
(a) More recruits.
(b) An assignment as an instructor.
(c) A promotion.
(d) Good assignments for him and his men.
9. What did the native do with what the survivors and the paratroopers left behind?
(a) They put them in a cave as a sacred place.
(b) They ate it.
(c) They used them to fight their enemies.
(d) The burned it.
10. What did Wimayuk Wandik tell his children the spirit carried?
(a) Flying machine.
(b) Powerful weapons.
(c) Good food.
(d) A bad smell.
11. Why was Walter sent back to the U.S.?
(a) His father wanted him to join the army.
(b) His father wanted him to have an education.
(c) His father didn't want him there when the Japanese attacked.
(d) His father wanted to remarry.
12. What injuries did one of the medics sustain?
(a) Broken wrist.
(b) Twisted ankle.
(c) Broken finder.
(d) Broken leg.
13. What regiment freed 200 people from a Japanese internment camp?
(a) The 531th.
(b) The 541th.
(c) The 511th.
(d) The 521th.
14. What survivor was the press particularly interested in?
(b) The deceased.
15. How many people were in the survivor camp after Walter arrived?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Margaret's body was black and white?
2. How many medics were dropped?
3. What news spread in Fee-Ask at the start of Chapter 10?
4. When were the survivors ready to get out of the clearing?
5. What did Elsmore allow at the start of Chapter 20?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)