|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall were the Bani believed to be?
(a) 22 ft.
(b) 12 ft.
(c) 17 ft.
(d) 7 ft.
2. What did reporters fail to publicize?
(a) The role of the medics.
(b) The role that Prossen played in the crash.
(c) The role of the Philippino paratroopers.
(d) The role of Walter.
3. What would the natives and the survivors had reenacted given the chance?
(b) Independence Day.
4. What plane did McCollom contact in Chapter 14?
(a) A B-29.
(b) A C-46.
(c) A C-47.
(d) A B-17.
5. What did Margaret decide to do in Chapter 18?
(a) Let the natives bathe her.
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Take a bath.
(d) Go for a swim.
6. What regiment freed 200 people from a Japanese internment camp?
(a) The 511th.
(b) The 521th.
(c) The 531th.
(d) The 541th.
7. What did Elsmore allow at the start of Chapter 20?
(a) Journalists to interview via radio.
(b) A film crew to fly overhead.
(c) The press to be made aware of the rescue mission.
(d) The press to send a camera man down.
8. What did McCollom report to the plane in Chapter 14?
(a) No other survivors.
(b) That he was the only survivor.
(c) There were 10 other survivors at the camp site.
(d) Everyone survived.
9. Who converged on the paratroopers as they landed?
(b) The survivors.
10. What did the native do with what the survivors and the paratroopers left behind?
(a) They ate it.
(b) They put them in a cave as a sacred place.
(c) They used them to fight their enemies.
(d) The burned it.
11. Where were Walter and his men supposed to be sent to after going back to Hollandia?
(a) The Philippines.
12. How long did the survivors wait without knowing the fate of the medics?
(a) Several days.
(b) Several hours.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) Several minutes.
13. Where were the pigs kept in the villages?
(a) With the horses.
(b) In the women's hut.
(c) In a pen outside the camp.
(d) In the men's hut.
14. What did Pete want to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Prepare a feast.
(b) Ask the survivors into the village.
(c) Marry Margaret.
(d) Fight with the survivors.
15. What news spread in Fee-Ask at the start of Chapter 10?
(a) There were survivors in the plaine crash.
(b) There were no survivors.
(c) Everyone had survived.
(d) Japan surrendered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plane dropped the medics?
2. Who flew overhead as Walter was going through the wreckage?
3. What supplies were dropped after Walter reached the survivor's camp?
4. What was particular about Margaret's bandages?
5. When did Walter and his men run out of supplies?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)