|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the survivors and the paratrooper leave behind as they moved out of the clearing?
2. What did a medic pour on Decker's wounds?
3. What news spread in Fee-Ask at the start of Chapter 10?
(a) There were no survivors.
(b) Everyone had survived.
(c) There were survivors in the plaine crash.
(d) Japan surrendered.
4. What did Walter tell his men?
(a) That the mission was dangerous.
(b) That the mission was easy.
(c) That the misson entitled to extra pay.
(d) That the mission has medals.
5. Why was Walter sent back to the U.S.?
(a) His father didn't want him there when the Japanese attacked.
(b) His father wanted him to have an education.
(c) His father wanted to remarry.
(d) His father wanted him to join the army.
6. Who went to get the crate dropped from the plane in Chapter 14?
(a) McCollom and Margaret.
(b) The natives.
(c) Margaret and Decker.
(d) Decker and McCollom.
7. What was Walter warned about by his superiors in Chapter 15?
(a) That he would be fired if he was not successful.
(b) That he would be held responsible for any failure.
(c) That his men might not be rescued.
(d) That he would be the first to jump.
8. What did Decker have?
(a) Gangrenous burns.
(b) Bloody legs.
(d) A fever.
9. What did Walter hope the rescue would bring according to Chapter 21?
(a) Good assignments for him and his men.
(b) An assignment as an instructor.
(c) A promotion.
(d) More recruits.
10. Who was the lookout to locate the crates dropped form the plane in Chapter 14?
(a) A native.
11. How many men did Walter bring on the hike to the survivors' camp?
12. What was Walter's concern about the mission?
(a) That they would be attacked upon jumping.
(b) The medics would have to jump without him.
(c) The medics would have to jump in a small clearing.
(d) That he would need to jump without anyone else.
13. What was Babcock's rank?
(b) Lieutenant Colonel.
14. What were Walter and his men waiting for in Chapter 19?
(a) For one of the men to find food in the rainforest.
(b) For the natives to give them food.
(c) For a food drop.
(d) For the medics to appear.
15. What did the native do with what the survivors and the paratroopers left behind?
(a) They put them in a cave as a sacred place.
(b) The burned it.
(c) They used them to fight their enemies.
(d) They ate it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Babcock's position at the private military school?
2. What did Walter do to get himself out of the boredom of the stay in the valley?
3. What did McCollom report to the plane in Chapter 14?
4. What was the status of the cameraman when he jumped?
5. What was particular about Margaret's bandages?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)