|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was McCollom at the time of the crash?
2. What role did Johnny Weissmuller play?
(c) Jean Valjean.
(d) Dr Jekyll.
3. What was the rank of Peter Prossen?
(b) Air Commodor.
4. Why didn't the Gremlin Special explode on impact?
(a) The fuel tank are protected.
(b) They crashed in water.
(c) The plane was out of fuel.
(d) The nose was tilted upward.
5. When did Richard Archbold go to New Guinea for the second time?
6. When did Richard Archbold go to Madagascar according to Chapter 8?
7. When did the news of the Hidden Valley spread to the press?
(a) When Elsmore talked to the press.
(b) When Elsmore wrote a secret memo to his commanding officer.
(c) When journalist asked for a tour of the island.
(d) When other pilots discovered the valley.
8. How many nurses died in the Anzio bombing?
9. When was "The Gremlins" written?
10. What was one of the greatest military luxuries of all according to Chapter 6?
(c) Toilet paper.
11. What was Ray T. Elsmore's rank?
12. What did the separation from their family and the harsh condition cause, according to Peter Prossen?
(a) Soldier to disobey orders.
(b) Soldier to try to surrender.
(c) Soldiers to be depressed.
(d) Soldiers to be more combative.
13. How far from the crash site was Hollandia?
(a) 150 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 350 miles.
(d) 250 miles.
14. Who went to the home of Patrick Hastings in Chapter 1?
(a) A Western Union messenger.
(b) A USPS messenger.
(c) An Army Messenger.
(d) A pastor.
15. When did Richard Archbold buy a PBY?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the jungle of Shangri-La not have?
2. What was the civilian name of the C-47?
3. Why did Prossen start sightseeing tours?
4. How many languages did the peoples of New Guinea speak?
5. Where was Decker working at Fee-Ask?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)