|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Gremlins bent on taking revenge on humans?
(a) Humans took their water.
(b) Humans did not see them.
(c) Humans destroyed their forest.
(d) They wanted to take over the world.
2. What was Margaret's eye color?
3. What did the natives bring back as proof they found the wreck of the Flying Dutchman?
(a) A U.S gun.
(b) A body.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A bone.
4. What was the rank of Peter Prossen?
(b) Air Commodor.
5. How many pages did Nicholson write to celebrate the victory against Germany?
6. What type of sightseeing tours did Prossen organize in Chapter 2?
(a) Trip over the mountains.
(b) Meet the native trips.
(c) A trip over Shangri-La.
(d) Down to the deck flight.
7. How old was Margaret at the time of the crash?
8. When did the news of the Hidden Valley spread to the press?
(a) When Elsmore wrote a secret memo to his commanding officer.
(b) When journalist asked for a tour of the island.
(c) When other pilots discovered the valley.
(d) When Elsmore talked to the press.
9. What did Margaret have trouble admitting?
(a) That she was wrong.
(b) That she was afraid.
(c) That she enjoyed being in the jungle.
(d) That she liked to be in charge.
10. When was Decker born?
(a) May 13, 1912.
(b) May 13, 1914.
(c) May 13, 1911.
(d) May 13, 1913.
11. Why did McCollom not sit beside his brother?
(a) He was required to be a backup pilot.
(b) He wanted to have a better view.
(c) He boarded too late.
(d) He wanted to sit in the back.
12. What type of plane was the Flying Dutchman?
13. What role did Johnny Weissmuller play?
(a) Dr Jekyll.
(b) Jean Valjean.
14. What are the two type of gangrene according to Chapter 9?
(a) Wet and compounded.
(b) Dry and chronic.
(c) Dry and oily.
(d) Wet and dry.
15. How high were the survivors at the crash site?
(a) 5,000 ft.
(b) 8,000 ft.
(c) 3,000 ft.
(d) 9,000 ft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did McCollom compare the slow pace of their trek to the clearing?
2. When did the survivors see the native footprint for the first time?
3. How long before the crash did Nicholson learn to fly?
4. What was the range of the C-47?
5. What was damaged as McCollom was carrying it from the tail section to the survivors?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)