|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before the Gremlin Special flight was Robert's daughter born?
(a) 12 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
2. How were planes identifying themselves in radio transmission?
(a) Using the first 3 digits of their serial number.
(b) Using the last 3 digits of their serial number.
(c) Using the last 5 digits of their serial number.
(d) Using the first 5digits of their serial number.
3. What was the civilian name of the C-47?
4. When did the news of the Hidden Valley spread to the press?
(a) When Elsmore wrote a secret memo to his commanding officer.
(b) When other pilots discovered the valley.
(c) When journalist asked for a tour of the island.
(d) When Elsmore talked to the press.
5. When did Prossen graduate with an engineering degree?
6. What did McCollom compare the slow pace of their trek to the clearing?
(a) Like swiming in honey.
(b) Like swimming eyes closed.
(c) Like swimming on the back.
(d) As swimming with a lead chain.
7. What injury did McCollom sustain while carrying Eleanor?
(a) A broken hand.
(b) A broken rib.
(c) A broken pelvis.
(d) A broken arm.
8. What was the rank of William D. Baker?
9. How many fighters and bombers attacked southern China on May 13, 1945?
10. When did Helen's husband die?
(a) 18 months prior to the crash.
(b) 6 months prior to the crash.
(c) 12 months prior to the crash.
(d) 8 months prior to the crash.
11. What was the designation of the Liberator bombers?
12. What was damaged as McCollom was carrying it from the tail section to the survivors?
(a) The raft.
(b) The canteen.
(c) The radio.
(d) The flares.
13. How many men survived the Flying Dutchman crash?
14. When did Robert McCollom marry?
(a) May 5,1944.
(b) May 5, 1943.
(c) May 15, 1943.
(d) May 15, 1944.
15. How old was Decker at the time of the crash?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "The Gremlins" written?
2. Where was Hollandia located?
3. When did the Gremlin Special lift off for its trip according to Chapter 5?
4. When did Laura Besley enlist in the WAC?
5. When did the survivors see the native footprint for the first time?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)