1. What did a Western Union messenger do in Chapter 1?
In Chapter 1, a Western Union messenger traveled to the home of Patrick Hastings and delivered a telegram from the Navy informing Patrick that Margaret, his daughter, was missing.
2. What was Margaret's role on the military base according to Chapter 2?
According to Chapter 2, Margaret's role on the military base in Hollandia was that of a secretary under Colonel Peter Prossen.
3. What did Prossen spend the morning doing on May 13,1945?
On the morning of May 13,1 945, Prossen spent the morning writing a letter to his wife and three children.
4. What did Prossen mention about his soldiers?
Prossen mentioned that his soldiers were depressed because of the harsh conditions they endured in New Guinea and because of the separation from their families.
5. What did Prossen begin offering to his men?
Prossen began offering his men sightseeing tours and had planned a sightseeing trip to the valley known as Shangri-La.
This section contains 2,676 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)