Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1-3
1. What did a Western Union messenger do in Chapter 1?
2. What was Margaret's role on the military base according to Chapter 2?
3. What did Prossen spend the morning doing on May 13,1945?
4. What did Prossen mention about his soldiers?
5. What did Prossen begin offering to his men?
6. What was Colonel Ray T. Elsmore doing a year prior according to Chapter 3?
7. What did Major Myron Grimes point out on the flight?
This section contains 655 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)