* In Chapter 1, in May 1945, a Western Union messenger made his way to Patrick Hastings in Owego, New York to tell Patrick Hastings that his daughter was missing.
* Margaret Hastings had two sisters, and her mother had died.
* In Chapter 2, Margaret was a secretary at Hollandia, New Guinea and was part of the Far East Air Service Command or Fee-Ask under Colonel Peter Prossen.
* Colonel Peter Prossen wrote to his wife and three children, and discussed how his soldiers suffered from a lack of morale because of separation from their family and harsh conditions of New Guinea.
* Prossen started to offer sightseeing tours to his men and planned a sightseeing trip over the valley which was dubbed "Shangri-La."
* In Chapter 3, Colonel Ray T. Elsmore was on a reconnaissance flight and the copilot Major Myron Grimes were supposed to find a site for a New Guinea runway.
This section contains 1,544 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)