|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term for those who are amoral in psychiatric terms?
(b) Manic depressant.
2. What percentage of American kids have been found to be in need of professional mental health intervention?
3. What are violent children learning about adults in their lives at early ages?
(a) That adults cannot protect them.
(b) That adults are childish.
(c) That adults are irresponsible.
(d) That adults are cruel.
4. Garbarino believes adults should protect children from degrading, dehumanizing, and desensitizing imagery by _____________________.
(a) Minimizing their exposure to gangs.
(b) Minimizing their exposure to peers.
(c) Minimizing their exposure to books.
(d) Minimizing their exposure to violent movies, games, and television.
5. According to Garbarino's interview of third graders in Illinois, how many believed they could get a gun if needed?
(a) One in twenty.
(b) One third.
(c) One half.
(d) Three fourths.
Short Answer Questions
1. To help children make better moral choices, adults can help youths develop _________________.
2. An extreme lack of confidence in the future is called ___________________.
3. The sixth line of defense against violence is violence prevention and reduction programs ___________________.
4. Early recognition of this disorder, along with proper treatment, is the fifth line of defense.
5. The third line of defense against violent teens are early intervention programs that deal with ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is emotional intelligence, and why do violent boys have lowered emotional intellect?
2. Why is the measure of wealth to a child difficult?
3. What is Garbarino's belief about what is involved in a complete rehabilitation program for violent boys?
4. What is resilience? Explain what the study done by psychologist Pat Tolan shows in terms of how things can overcome resilience.
5. What is terminal thinking, and why is it a problem for violent teens?
6. What are the two types of trauma, and why is one worse than the other?
7. What is a moral circle, and how does this affect violent teens?
8. Explain Kohlberg's system of moral intellect.
9. What is the debate on the role of government and public institutions in child development?
10. Explain why some boys seek out a negative universe.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)