|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many moral systems do most have?
2. A lack of positive purpose is one of the consequences of _____________________.
(a) Early abandonment.
(b) Early violence.
(d) Early social issues.
3. Why are the homicide rates of war veterans so much smaller?
(a) They are afraid of government.
(b) They have military discipline.
(c) They are socially supported.
(d) They are not angry.
4. Why do violent boys appear arrogant, according to Garbarino?
(a) They are overcompensating for their low self worth.
(b) They are arrogant.
(c) They are overcompensating for defensiveness.
(d) They are victimizing themselves.
5. Spiritual support can buffer against ___________________.
6. The weakness of this trend may not always be apparent, but does little to help in crisis.
(c) Political activism.
7. An extreme lack of confidence in the future is called ___________________.
(a) Depressed thinking.
(b) End thinking.
(c) Angry thinking.
(d) Terminal thinking.
8. Trauma occurs when overwhelming ideas combine with ____________________.
(a) Overwhelming parental abuse.
(b) Overwhelming feelings.
(c) Overwhelming peer pressure.
(d) Overwhelming thoughts.
9. The eighth line of defense is teaching mediation, conflict resolution, and peer counseling in ___________________.
(a) Grade school.
(b) High School.
(c) Middle school.
10. These can help young boys develop a positive sense of self.
(a) Love and kindness.
(b) Spirituality and love.
(c) Empathy and apathy.
(d) Care and concern.
11. According to General S.L.A. Marshall, resilience is not:
12. Finding a way to make something positive out of life is _____________________.
(a) Active coping.
13. Institutional life for violent boys should communicate __________________.
14. What is the term for the identifying line of those we feel morally obligated to?
(a) Moral square.
(b) Moral circle.
(c) Moral line.
(d) Moral limit.
15. What causes a breakdown of child protection?
(a) Adults who teach children proper morals.
(b) Peer pressure to violate norms.
(c) A lack of understanding.
(d) Adults who teach children incorrect moral beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Violent boys usually follow a predictable pattern of ____________________.
2. This disease is one caused by trauma.
3. What has Terrence Real identified as one of the major sources of depression in males?
4. These traits are "hallmarks" of adolescence.
5. Incorporating both male and female characteristics is called ___________________.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)