|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. These can help young boys develop a positive sense of self.
(a) Care and concern.
(b) Love and kindness.
(c) Empathy and apathy.
(d) Spirituality and love.
2. This type of influence matters in how a boy behaves in society, regardless of home life.
(a) Peer influence.
(b) School influence.
(c) Self influence.
(d) Sibling influence.
3. What is the name of center Garbarino helps run?
(a) New York Center for Violent Youth Offenders.
(b) Austin MacCormick Center.
(c) Garbarino Center for Wayward Boys.
(d) New York State Center for Boys.
4. In what year did four shootings occur in areas that were not typically hubs of youth violence?
5. Why is the morality of violent boys often primitive?
(a) It reflects their vulnerability.
(b) It reflects what they have learned in their world.
(c) It reflects what they see on TV.
(d) It reflects the animals they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the study by Tolan and Guerra on effective treatments, what two aspects were emphasized?
2. What else is an important factor in youth violence?
3. Why does the author blame improved care of premature babies for part of the youth violence issue?
4. What often begins the spiral of depression, anger, and violence in teenage boys?
5. How did an end to segregation allow for the growth of youth violence?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)