|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did some adults do in response to the announcing of the verdict in the Jonesboro trial?
(a) Threatened to kill one another.
(b) Threatened to kill the young male perpetrators.
(c) Threatened to kill themselves.
(d) Threatened to blow up the prison.
2. What does the accumulation approach to developmental threat show us about success?
(a) That teens can have no support and still succeed.
(b) That teens are better off with a balance of risk and support.
(c) That teens have to be risk free to succeed.
(d) That teens do not have to be risk free to succeed.
3. The term used in the book for the negative elements of the social environment that contaminate children is ___________________.
(a) Social pressure.
(b) Social toxicity.
(c) Social bias.
(d) Social relations.
4. What keeps the soul from dying, according to Garbarino?
(a) Temperament, resilience, love, and divine intervention.
(b) A resilience to suffering.
(c) A strong religious background.
(d) A strong sense of self worth.
5. This disease is one caused by trauma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julio represent?
2. What other type of violence has increased among young men?
3. How many teens in 1992 believed you could trust others?
4. What does the author admit he is trying to do by writing this book?
5. An extreme lack of confidence in the future is called ___________________.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)