|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many extremely violent boys have experienced trauma to ___________________.
(a) Their souls.
(b) Their spirits.
(c) Their legs.
(d) Their brains.
2. What did Allan, the boy accused of stealing the drug dealer's gun, mean by being "on point"?
(a) He meant that he was responsible for killing.
(b) He meant that he was made more aware of his surroundings.
(c) He meant that he was frightened.
(d) He meant that he was emotionally vulnerable.
3. What does Garbarino claim can lead us to humane treatment and rehabilitation?
(a) Better education.
(b) Learning about the life experiences of violent youth.
(c) Understanding the gang culture.
(d) Learning about substance abuse.
4. What does Garbarino say is true about the middle class, white killers of the modern age?
(a) They are spoiled.
(b) They too show an accumulation of risk factors.
(c) They are not truly violent.
(d) They are copy cat killers.
5. What clothing item differentiates the levels of progress within the center?
(a) Color of pants.
(b) Color of ties.
(c) Color of shirts.
(d) Color of shoelaces.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did four shootings occur in areas that were not typically hubs of youth violence?
2. According to General S.L.A. Marshall, resilience is not:
3. If a teen has been arrested, and has an already existing risk factor, the odds of the youth committing murder are ____________________.
4. Many youths who participate in violence are found to have been these during childhood.
5. The first concern of any residential center should be _____________________.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)