|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Garbarino give Malcolm that makes him cry?
(a) A journal.
(b) A car.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A book.
2. What does Garbarino say is true about the middle class, white killers of the modern age?
(a) They are not truly violent.
(b) They are spoiled.
(c) They too show an accumulation of risk factors.
(d) They are copy cat killers.
3. What does Garbarino claim that boys, because of masculine socialization, feel an intense pressure to be?
(a) Tough and powerful.
(b) Abusive and cruel.
(c) Kind and considerate.
(d) Tender and sweet.
4. Boys respond to risk factors with antisocial behavior, whereas girls respond with ___________________.
(a) Violence issues.
(b) Internalized problems.
(c) Teen pregnancy.
5. What is the term used to signify, among other things, the ability to read emotions of others?
(a) Emotional response.
(b) Emotional stability.
(c) Emotional intelligence.
(d) Emotional ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boot camps are places that use ____________________.
2. Violent boys usually follow a predictable pattern of ____________________.
3. What can help turn the tide for violent boys, according to research by Kellam?
4. What is a risk for boys who grow up without fathers?
5. What does Garbarino see little difference in, in terms of psychological significance?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)