|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of American kids have been found to be in need of professional mental health intervention?
2. What two patterns of fathers are common in the history of violent boys?
(a) An absent father and an abusive father.
(b) An abusive father and a strict father.
(c) An absent father and a loving father.
(d) An abuse father and a loving father.
3. Why does the author blame improved care of premature babies for part of the youth violence issue?
(a) These children have higher rates of abuse.
(b) These children have higher rates of drug addiction.
(c) These children have higher rates of disease.
(d) These children have higher rates of neurological issues.
4. Why does Garbarino refer to these violent offenders as 'lost boys'?
(a) He believes these boys lost their parents.
(b) He believes these boys lost their souls.
(c) He believes these boys lost their happiness.
(d) He believes these boys are really naive and childlike.
5. Positive parenting practices stimulate _____________________.
(a) Healthy physical development.
(b) Healthy psychological development.
(c) Healthy child development.
(d) Healthy relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. When bad behavior starts at this point, it is particularly worrisome.
2. What causes the most damage, in terms of risk factors for violent behavior?
3. The weakness of this trend may not always be apparent, but does little to help in crisis.
4. These traits are "hallmarks" of adolescence.
5. What emotion is often linked with anger in troubled boys?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)