|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is often the result of emotional disassociation?
(a) A lack of intelligence.
(b) Repressed anger.
(c) Social avoidance.
2. What has developed in medium cities that has resulted in even more youth violence?
(a) The same gangs that exist in large cities.
(b) The same 'war zones' that exist in large cities.
3. What is the tipping point for a peer group to flip from positive to negative?
(a) When all the positive persons stand against the negative.
(b) When the majority is negative.
(c) When all the positive persons leave.
(d) When the majority is positive.
4. How many homicides are there in the U.S. each year?
5. What phrase does Garbarino use to explain the way the nation reacts to situations, based on color and socioeconomic status?
(a) Class and color bias.
(b) Economic and class bias.
(c) Class and race bias.
(d) Race and color bias.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many high school boys carry a potentially lethal weapon?
2. What generates an "intolerability of existence", according to Gilligan?
3. What other type of violence has increased among young men?
4. What surprised Garbarino about his experiences with the prosecuting attorney?
5. What did some adults do in response to the announcing of the verdict in the Jonesboro trial?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)