|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Josh mean when he asked his father to note the color and names of those in the newspaper?
(a) He was referring to the fact that all in the paper had odd names.
(b) He was referring to the fact that all in the paper were white.
(c) He was referring to the fact that all in the paper were Hispanic.
(d) He was referring to the fact that most were black or Hispanic.
2. How do some boys become lost, even without purposeful abuse and neglect?
(a) A withdrawal of positive adults, through divorce.
(b) A withdrawal of parental guidance.
(c) A withdrawal of attention.
(d) A withdrawal of love.
3. What has been shown to increase obedience during infancy?
(a) A fearful mother.
(b) A non responsive mother.
(c) A strict mother.
(d) A responsive mother.
4. What did the Chicago Tribune publish in 1993?
(a) In depth profiles of adults killed.
(b) In depth profiles of children killed.
(c) In depth profiles of everyone killed.
(d) In depth profiles of police killed.
5. In the study by Tolan and Guerra on effective treatments, what two aspects were emphasized?
(a) Behavioral rehearsal and practiced self worth.
(b) Cognitive restructuring and redevelopment of faith.
(c) Cognitive restructuring and behavioral rehearsal.
(d) Strong punishment and redevelopment of faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason homicide rates seem to have declined?
2. What does the accumulation approach to developmental threat show us about success?
3. What does Garbarino see little difference in, in terms of psychological significance?
4. Garbarino says that at risk populations don't cause the epidemic, they _____________________.
5. What two patterns of fathers are common in the history of violent boys?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)