|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did an end to segregation allow for the growth of youth violence?
(a) An end to segregation allowed the middle class minorities to move from the ghetto.
(b) An end to segregation allowed the white classes to leave the minority behind.
(c) An end to segregation allowed the lower class to spread.
(d) An end to segregation allowed minorities into the school systems.
2. What does the accumulation approach to developmental threat show us about success?
(a) That teens do not have to be risk free to succeed.
(b) That teens have to be risk free to succeed.
(c) That teens are better off with a balance of risk and support.
(d) That teens can have no support and still succeed.
3. What is the technical term for the disorder that results in highly troubled young boys who constantly misbehave?
(a) Personality disorder.
(b) Social disorder.
(c) Conduct Disorder.
(d) Disruptive disorder.
4. Which is the most common parenting problem, according to the federal government?
(c) Mental abuse.
(d) Physical abuse.
5. What do these various options for early violent behavior often depend on?
(a) An availability of social resources.
(b) A stable home environment.
(c) An end to any drug addiction.
(d) A willingness on the part of the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many teenagers report they could obtain a gun within an hour?
2. What is one hypothesis about why some children have lower resting heart rates?
3. What gift does Garbarino give Malcolm that makes him cry?
4. What does the term 'bad seed' imply?
5. What is avoidant attachment?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)