|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do some boys become lost, even without purposeful abuse and neglect?
(a) A withdrawal of positive adults, through divorce.
(b) A withdrawal of love.
(c) A withdrawal of parental guidance.
(d) A withdrawal of attention.
2. Children who lack attachment abilities have difficultly learning ____________________.
(a) Sympathy, compassion, and honesty.
(b) Caring, kindness, and morality.
(c) Empathy, social norms, and positive behaviors.
(d) Empathy, sympathy and caring.
3. What does the term 'bad seed' imply?
(a) That someone is taught bad behaviors.
(b) That someone is diseased.
(c) That someone is not rehabilitative.
(d) They someone is born bad.
4. What book is a favorite of the boys at the center?
(a) Red Mars.
(b) Catcher in the Rye.
(c) Autobiography of Malcolm X.
(d) To Kill a Mockingbird.
5. What is the name of the game children in 'war zone' neighborhoods play with blocks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Garbarino believe the nation took notice of cases such as those of Michael Carneal, Mitchell Johnson, and Andrew Golden?
2. What did some adults do in response to the announcing of the verdict in the Jonesboro trial?
3. What has increased along with youth violence in the United States?
4. Why do many adults avoid teenagers?
5. What has been found to lower as developmental threats accumulate?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)