|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author blame improved care of premature babies for part of the youth violence issue?
(a) These children have higher rates of neurological issues.
(b) These children have higher rates of disease.
(c) These children have higher rates of abuse.
(d) These children have higher rates of drug addiction.
2. Rejected children are at a higher risk for __________________.
(a) Psychological problems.
(b) Social problems.
(c) Educational problems.
(d) Physiological problems.
3. Which is the most common parenting problem, according to the federal government?
(a) Mental abuse.
(b) Physical abuse.
4. In what year did four shootings occur in areas that were not typically hubs of youth violence?
5. If a teen has been arrested, and has an already existing risk factor, the odds of the youth committing murder are ____________________.
(a) Nine times as high.
(c) Twice as high.
(d) Three times as high.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author argue is the other factor when, combined with rick factors, influences homicide rates?
2. What is one hypothesis about why some children have lower resting heart rates?
3. What trait do some mothers have or develop that can cause behavioral issues in their children, in terms of emotional attachment?
4. Having a history of criminal violence in the family makes one's chances of committing murder ___________________.
5. What does the author reveal about himself as he discusses difficult children?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)