|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface - Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has social policy contributed to youth violence?
(a) Social policy has caused more poverty.
(b) Social policy has caused clustered public housing.
(c) Social policy has caused race battles.
(d) Social policy has increased public housing.
2. What is the name of the game children in 'war zone' neighborhoods play with blocks?
3. What does the author admit he is trying to do by writing this book?
(a) Help heal youth.
(b) Make sense of grief.
(c) Help the victims of youth violence.
(d) Make sense of youth violence.
4. Why do 'war zone' areas have higher rates of youth violence?
(a) The people are uneducated.
(b) The people have broken families.
(c) The people are impoverished.
(d) The people have higher buildups of risk factors.
5. How do some boys become lost, even without purposeful abuse and neglect?
(a) A withdrawal of parental guidance.
(b) A withdrawal of positive adults, through divorce.
(c) A withdrawal of attention.
(d) A withdrawal of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else is an important factor in youth violence?
2. What did some adults do in response to the announcing of the verdict in the Jonesboro trial?
3. What does Garbarino claim is inside almost every violent teenager?
4. What population has the highest rate of truancy?
5. Why does the author blame improved care of premature babies for part of the youth violence issue?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)