|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface - Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garbarino accuse people of not wanting to do, when it comes to violent youth?
(a) Punish them.
(b) Listen to them.
(c) Understand them.
(d) Incarcerate them.
2. What does the author argue is the other factor when, combined with rick factors, influences homicide rates?
(b) Economic status.
(d) The role of race.
3. What gift does Garbarino give Malcolm that makes him cry?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A car.
(c) A journal.
(d) A book.
4. Why does Garbarino try to help others understand violent youth?
(a) Because he wants people to better themselves.
(b) Because he wants to rescue the person inside the violent youth.
(c) Because he wants to help people learn about themselves.
(d) Because he wants to rehabilitate society.
5. What did Julio become in prison?
(a) A monster.
(b) A gay man.
(c) A leader.
(d) A monk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many homicides are there in the U.S. each year?
2. What has increased along with youth violence in the United States?
3. What phrase does Garbarino use to explain the way the nation reacts to situations, based on color and socioeconomic status?
4. If a teen has been arrested, and has an already existing risk factor, the odds of the youth committing murder are ____________________.
5. Why does the author blame improved care of premature babies for part of the youth violence issue?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)