|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface - Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many high school boys carry a potentially lethal weapon?
(a) Thirty percent.
(b) Five percent.
(c) Eighty percent.
(d) Fifty percent.
2. What is the name of the game children in 'war zone' neighborhoods play with blocks?
3. What did the Chicago Tribune publish in 1993?
(a) In depth profiles of children killed.
(b) In depth profiles of police killed.
(c) In depth profiles of everyone killed.
(d) In depth profiles of adults killed.
4. What does Garbarino see little difference in, in terms of psychological significance?
(a) Murder and violent assault.
(b) Domestic abuse and homicide.
(c) Robbery and armed robbery.
(d) Suicide and murder.
5. What surprised Garbarino about his experiences with the prosecuting attorney?
(a) The attorney didn't care about the law.
(b) The attorney didn't care about the crime.
(c) The attorney only worried about the victims.
(d) The attorney only worried about the boys' crime, not his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the leading cause of death for young minority males?
2. In what year did four shootings occur in areas that were not typically hubs of youth violence?
3. What does Garbarino say is true about the middle class, white killers of the modern age?
4. How many homicides are there in the U.S. each year?
5. What does Garbarino claim can lead us to humane treatment and rehabilitation?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)