|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface - Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garbarino claim is inside almost every violent teenager?
(a) An angry person.
(b) A violent killer.
(c) A depressed person.
(d) An untreated traumatized child.
2. How many teenagers report they could obtain a gun within an hour?
(a) Two thirds.
(b) One fourth.
(c) Three fourths.
(d) One third.
3. What is the name of the game children in 'war zone' neighborhoods play with blocks?
4. What does the author argue is the other factor when, combined with rick factors, influences homicide rates?
(b) Economic status.
(c) The role of race.
5. What did Josh mean when he asked his father to note the color and names of those in the newspaper?
(a) He was referring to the fact that all in the paper were Hispanic.
(b) He was referring to the fact that most were black or Hispanic.
(c) He was referring to the fact that all in the paper had odd names.
(d) He was referring to the fact that all in the paper were white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author admit he is trying to do by writing this book?
2. What clothing item differentiates the levels of progress within the center?
3. What does Garbarino claim can lead us to humane treatment and rehabilitation?
4. Why does the author blame improved care of premature babies for part of the youth violence issue?
5. In what year did four shootings occur in areas that were not typically hubs of youth violence?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)