|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface - Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has increased along with youth violence in the United States?
(a) Median incomes.
(c) Adult violence.
(d) The prevalence of risk factors associated with youth violence.
2. Why does Garbarino try to help others understand violent youth?
(a) Because he wants to rescue the person inside the violent youth.
(b) Because he wants to help people learn about themselves.
(c) Because he wants to rehabilitate society.
(d) Because he wants people to better themselves.
3. What does Garbarino accuse people of not wanting to do, when it comes to violent youth?
(a) Listen to them.
(b) Punish them.
(c) Understand them.
(d) Incarcerate them.
4. What did some adults do in response to the announcing of the verdict in the Jonesboro trial?
(a) Threatened to kill one another.
(b) Threatened to kill themselves.
(c) Threatened to blow up the prison.
(d) Threatened to kill the young male perpetrators.
5. In what year did four shootings occur in areas that were not typically hubs of youth violence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does this development hit smaller cities even harder?
2. What population has the highest rate of truancy?
3. What did Josh mean when he asked his father to note the color and names of those in the newspaper?
4. If a teen has been arrested, and has an already existing risk factor, the odds of the youth committing murder are ____________________.
5. What did Julio become in prison?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)