|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface - Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other areas in the world have seen youth violence due to racism and cultural values?
(a) Germany and Austria.
(b) South Africa and Australia.
(c) South America and Europe.
(d) Russia and China.
2. What does Garbarino accuse people of not wanting to do, when it comes to violent youth?
(a) Listen to them.
(b) Understand them.
(c) Incarcerate them.
(d) Punish them.
3. Having a history of _____________ increases the likelihood one will commit murder.
(a) Memory loss.
(b) Teen pregnancy.
(d) Religious intolerance.
4. What does Garbarino say is true about the middle class, white killers of the modern age?
(a) They too show an accumulation of risk factors.
(b) They are not truly violent.
(c) They are spoiled.
(d) They are copy cat killers.
5. What gift does Garbarino give Malcolm that makes him cry?
(a) A car.
(b) A book.
(c) A journal.
(d) A guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the game children in 'war zone' neighborhoods play with blocks?
2. What is the name of center Garbarino helps run?
3. What does Garbarino claim is the point of change in the social decline of neighborhoods?
4. What did some adults do in response to the announcing of the verdict in the Jonesboro trial?
5. Why does Garbarino refer to these violent offenders as 'lost boys'?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)