|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface - Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clothing item differentiates the levels of progress within the center?
(a) Color of shirts.
(b) Color of pants.
(c) Color of ties.
(d) Color of shoelaces.
2. Why does Garbarino try to help others understand violent youth?
(a) Because he wants to help people learn about themselves.
(b) Because he wants people to better themselves.
(c) Because he wants to rescue the person inside the violent youth.
(d) Because he wants to rehabilitate society.
3. Why does the author blame improved care of premature babies for part of the youth violence issue?
(a) These children have higher rates of drug addiction.
(b) These children have higher rates of abuse.
(c) These children have higher rates of disease.
(d) These children have higher rates of neurological issues.
4. What is one reason homicide rates seem to have declined?
(a) Medical technology saves some that would have died of their wounds ten years ago.
(b) There are fewer guns on the streets than ten years ago.
(c) There are fewer homicides than ten years ago.
(d) Fewer homicides are actually reported.
5. How many high school boys carry a potentially lethal weapon?
(a) Eighty percent.
(b) Fifty percent.
(c) Thirty percent.
(d) Five percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does this development hit smaller cities even harder?
2. How did an end to segregation allow for the growth of youth violence?
3. Why do 'war zone' areas have higher rates of youth violence?
4. What does the author argue is the other factor when, combined with rick factors, influences homicide rates?
5. What surprised Garbarino about his experiences with the prosecuting attorney?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)