|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface - Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garbarino see little difference in, in terms of psychological significance?
(a) Domestic abuse and homicide.
(b) Suicide and murder.
(c) Robbery and armed robbery.
(d) Murder and violent assault.
2. Garbarino says that at risk populations don't cause the epidemic, they _____________________.
(a) Are more ripe for infection.
(b) Don't care, so they don't fight the infection.
(c) Have too few adults to combat the issues.
(d) Have too many issues to combat one more.
3. Why does Garbarino believe the nation took notice of cases such as those of Michael Carneal, Mitchell Johnson, and Andrew Golden?
(a) They happened in suburbs and small towns, and involved minority boys.
(b) They happened in big towns, and involved white boys.
(c) They happened in big towns, and involved minority boys.
(d) They happened in suburbs and small towns, and involved white boys.
4. What clothing item differentiates the levels of progress within the center?
(a) Color of shoelaces.
(b) Color of shirts.
(c) Color of pants.
(d) Color of ties.
5. How did an end to segregation allow for the growth of youth violence?
(a) An end to segregation allowed the lower class to spread.
(b) An end to segregation allowed minorities into the school systems.
(c) An end to segregation allowed the middle class minorities to move from the ghetto.
(d) An end to segregation allowed the white classes to leave the minority behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garbarino claim is inside almost every violent teenager?
2. What did Josh mean when he asked his father to note the color and names of those in the newspaper?
3. What does Garbarino claim is the point of change in the social decline of neighborhoods?
4. How long has the author been studying violent youth?
5. How many teenagers report they could obtain a gun within an hour?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)