|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface - Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garbarino say is true about the middle class, white killers of the modern age?
(a) They are spoiled.
(b) They too show an accumulation of risk factors.
(c) They are not truly violent.
(d) They are copy cat killers.
2. What has developed in medium cities that has resulted in even more youth violence?
(b) The same 'war zones' that exist in large cities.
(c) The same gangs that exist in large cities.
3. How did an end to segregation allow for the growth of youth violence?
(a) An end to segregation allowed the middle class minorities to move from the ghetto.
(b) An end to segregation allowed minorities into the school systems.
(c) An end to segregation allowed the white classes to leave the minority behind.
(d) An end to segregation allowed the lower class to spread.
4. Why does this development hit smaller cities even harder?
(a) There are more schools to send children to, so only the poorest are exposed
(b) There are fewer schools to send children to, so all are exposed.
(c) There are fewer schools to send children to, so everyone has a lower education.
(d) There are fewer schools to send children to, so teachers are overworked.
5. Having a history of _____________ increases the likelihood one will commit murder.
(a) Memory loss.
(c) Religious intolerance.
(d) Teen pregnancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garbarino claim is the point of change in the social decline of neighborhoods?
2. What did Julio become in prison?
3. What book is a favorite of the boys at the center?
4. What does the author admit he is trying to do by writing this book?
5. What does Garbarino claim can lead us to humane treatment and rehabilitation?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)