|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garbarino claim that boys, because of masculine socialization, feel an intense pressure to be?
(a) Tough and powerful.
(b) Tender and sweet.
(c) Kind and considerate.
(d) Abusive and cruel.
2. Maltreated boys are likely to be ______________________.
(a) Hyper vigilant to positive social cues.
(b) Ignorant of all social cues.
(c) Hyper vigilant to negative social cues.
(d) Ignorant of negative social cues.
3. What does Garbarino accuse people of not wanting to do, when it comes to violent youth?
(a) Incarcerate them.
(b) Punish them.
(c) Understand them.
(d) Listen to them.
4. What is the tipping point for a peer group to flip from positive to negative?
(a) When all the positive persons leave.
(b) When the majority is positive.
(c) When all the positive persons stand against the negative.
(d) When the majority is negative.
5. What causes a breakdown of child protection?
(a) Adults who teach children proper morals.
(b) Peer pressure to violate norms.
(c) A lack of understanding.
(d) Adults who teach children incorrect moral beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to helping deter violent teens, character education helps to __________________.
2. Children are fundamentally ________________.
3. In the study by Tolan and Guerra on effective treatments, what two aspects were emphasized?
4. What clothing item differentiates the levels of progress within the center?
5. Violent boys usually follow a predictable pattern of ____________________.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)