|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the study by Tolan and Guerra on effective treatments, what two aspects were emphasized?
(a) Strong punishment and redevelopment of faith.
(b) Behavioral rehearsal and practiced self worth.
(c) Cognitive restructuring and redevelopment of faith.
(d) Cognitive restructuring and behavioral rehearsal.
2. What is avoidant attachment?
(a) The relationship between child and caregiver where the child is violent toward the caregiver.
(b) The relationship between child and caregiver where the child fears the caregiver.
(c) The relationship between child and caregiver where the child rejects the caregiver.
(d) The relationship between child and caregiver where the child loves the caregiver.
3. What causes a breakdown of child protection?
(a) Peer pressure to violate norms.
(b) Adults who teach children incorrect moral beliefs.
(c) A lack of understanding.
(d) Adults who teach children proper morals.
4. Garbarino says that at risk populations don't cause the epidemic, they _____________________.
(a) Have too few adults to combat the issues.
(b) Have too many issues to combat one more.
(c) Don't care, so they don't fight the infection.
(d) Are more ripe for infection.
5. What is compartmentalization?
(a) The tendency to disassociate from emotions.
(b) The tendency to put feelings such as fear in the forefront.
(c) The tendency to avoid emotional attachment.
(d) The tendency to put feelings such as fear out of consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does this development hit smaller cities even harder?
2. The first concern of any residential center should be _____________________.
3. What is most important in the effect of parents on children?
4. This form of attachment indicates a high stress level and inconsolability.
5. What is the technical term for the disorder that results in highly troubled young boys who constantly misbehave?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)