|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The monastery approach focuses on ____________________.
(a) Order and anger.
(b) Confrontation and dominance.
(c) Contemplation and reflection.
(d) Power assertion and structure.
2. What does Garbarino claim is the point of change in the social decline of neighborhoods?
(a) The moment when affluent leadership drops below 6 percent.
(b) The moment when teen pregnancy rises above 6 percent.
(c) The moment when parental monitoring falls below 6 percent.
(d) The moment when gang membership rises above 6 percent.
3. What two patterns of fathers are common in the history of violent boys?
(a) An absent father and a loving father.
(b) An absent father and an abusive father.
(c) An abusive father and a strict father.
(d) An abuse father and a loving father.
4. How do some boys become lost, even without purposeful abuse and neglect?
(a) A withdrawal of parental guidance.
(b) A withdrawal of positive adults, through divorce.
(c) A withdrawal of attention.
(d) A withdrawal of love.
5. What does the author admit he is trying to do by writing this book?
(a) Help the victims of youth violence.
(b) Help heal youth.
(c) Make sense of grief.
(d) Make sense of youth violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do violent boys appear arrogant, according to Garbarino?
2. What does Garbarino claim we think when we ask if violent youth have any morals?
3. The term for the moment when a small change in the presence of a germ produces a big change in the rate of infection is _______________________.
4. Children are fundamentally ________________.
5. What has been shown to increase obedience during infancy?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)