|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is low resting heart rate associated with, according to the study by Losel, Bender, and Bliesener?
(a) Avoidance personalities.
(b) Antisocial behavior.
(c) Abuse victims.
(d) Social behavior.
2. Harry Stack Sullivan said, "Human behavior is more simply ______________________."
(a) Godly than otherwise.
(b) Human than otherwise.
(c) Animalistic than otherwise.
(d) Stupid than otherwise.
3. What is compartmentalization?
(a) The tendency to avoid emotional attachment.
(b) The tendency to put feelings such as fear out of consciousness.
(c) The tendency to disassociate from emotions.
(d) The tendency to put feelings such as fear in the forefront.
4. Perpetrator relocation is when the perpetrator is ____________________.
(a) Relocated to work farms.
(b) Relocated to family members.
(c) Relocated to state prisons.
(d) Relocated to a less toxic environment.
5. What does psychiatrist James Gilligan believe most acts of violence are caused by?
(b) Relationship issues.
(d) A perceived injustice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Institutional life for violent boys should communicate __________________.
2. What is a risk for boys who grow up without fathers?
3. Terrance Real's work showed that emotional blockage in violent boys is partially a result of ________________.
4. The first concern of any residential center should be _____________________.
5. What does Garbarino accuse people of not wanting to do, when it comes to violent youth?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)