|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Garbarino refer to these violent offenders as 'lost boys'?
(a) He believes these boys are really naive and childlike.
(b) He believes these boys lost their happiness.
(c) He believes these boys lost their souls.
(d) He believes these boys lost their parents.
2. What do young violent boys tend to show in terms of fear?
(a) An abnormal level of fear.
(b) A lack of understanding for fearful situations.
(c) A high level of fear.
(d) A level of fearlessness.
3. What does Garbarino claim anger is a representation of?
(c) Low self worth.
4. What is one hypothesis about why some children have lower resting heart rates?
(a) These children have adapted for survival.
(b) These children have a low emotional reaction system.
(c) This is a genetic trait.
(d) These children have physical abnormalities.
5. If a teen has been arrested, and has an already existing risk factor, the odds of the youth committing murder are ____________________.
(a) Three times as high.
(b) Nine times as high.
(c) Twice as high.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Garbarino use to explain the way the nation reacts to situations, based on color and socioeconomic status?
2. What does Michael note his brother Robert showed that made him unlikable?
3. What gift does Garbarino give Malcolm that makes him cry?
4. What is compartmentalization?
5. What is avoidant attachment?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)