|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author blame improved care of premature babies for part of the youth violence issue?
(a) These children have higher rates of neurological issues.
(b) These children have higher rates of drug addiction.
(c) These children have higher rates of disease.
(d) These children have higher rates of abuse.
2. How has social policy contributed to youth violence?
(a) Social policy has caused more poverty.
(b) Social policy has caused clustered public housing.
(c) Social policy has caused race battles.
(d) Social policy has increased public housing.
3. What does the author reveal about himself as he discusses difficult children?
(a) He was a difficult child.
(b) He doesn't like working with difficult children.
(c) His brother was a difficult child.
(d) He was always well behaved.
4. What does Garbarino accuse people of not wanting to do, when it comes to violent youth?
(a) Incarcerate them.
(b) Understand them.
(c) Punish them.
(d) Listen to them.
5. How many high school boys carry a potentially lethal weapon?
(a) Fifty percent.
(b) Thirty percent.
(c) Five percent.
(d) Eighty percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the most damage, in terms of risk factors for violent behavior?
2. What has been found to lower as developmental threats accumulate?
3. What clothing item differentiates the levels of progress within the center?
4. Why does this development hit smaller cities even harder?
5. What is the leading cause of death for young minority males?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)