|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes a breakdown of child protection?
(a) A lack of understanding.
(b) Adults who teach children proper morals.
(c) Peer pressure to violate norms.
(d) Adults who teach children incorrect moral beliefs.
2. What did the two boys in Gloverville have in their car that they drove around for several days?
(a) A kidnapped victim.
(b) A stray dog.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A dead bird.
3. To help children make better moral choices, adults can help youths develop _________________.
(b) Talents and goals.
4. Why is the morality of violent boys often primitive?
(a) It reflects their vulnerability.
(b) It reflects the animals they are.
(c) It reflects what they see on TV.
(d) It reflects what they have learned in their world.
5. The term used in the book for the negative elements of the social environment that contaminate children is ___________________.
(a) Social bias.
(b) Social pressure.
(c) Social toxicity.
(d) Social relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many levels are there in the Kohlberg's system for moral intellect?
2. What population has the highest rate of truancy?
3. In addition to family rejection, what other aspect of life can cause a feeling of alienation in the life of violent youth?
4. What does Garbarino claim is inside almost every violent teenager?
5. What is avoidant attachment?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)