|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do many adults avoid teenagers?
(a) They see them as alien and inscrutable.
(b) They see them as dangerous.
(c) They see them as annoying.
(d) They see them as disrespectful.
2. Terrance Real's work showed that emotional blockage in violent boys is partially a result of ________________.
(a) Improper socialization.
(b) American culture.
(c) A lack of respect.
(d) World norms.
3. What is the term for those who are amoral in psychiatric terms?
(d) Manic depressant.
4. What does Garbarino see little difference in, in terms of psychological significance?
(a) Robbery and armed robbery.
(b) Domestic abuse and homicide.
(c) Suicide and murder.
(d) Murder and violent assault.
5. What happened to Malcolm's girlfriend?
(a) She was killed as a prostitute.
(b) She was arrested for drug possession.
(c) She was shot and killed.
(d) She died giving birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many teens in 1992 believed you could trust others?
2. What does the author reveal about himself as he discusses difficult children?
3. Garbarino believes adults should protect children from degrading, dehumanizing, and desensitizing imagery by _____________________.
4. What did Josh mean when he asked his father to note the color and names of those in the newspaper?
5. What are violent children learning about adults in their lives at early ages?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)