|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other areas in the world have seen youth violence due to racism and cultural values?
(a) South America and Europe.
(b) South Africa and Australia.
(c) Germany and Austria.
(d) Russia and China.
2. What was "Early Warning, Timely Response" supposed to help with?
(a) Dealing with violent youth.
(b) Responding to community needs.
(c) Dealing with broken homes.
(d) Responding to student threats.
3. What is the name of the game children in 'war zone' neighborhoods play with blocks?
4. How do some boys become lost, even without purposeful abuse and neglect?
(a) A withdrawal of positive adults, through divorce.
(b) A withdrawal of parental guidance.
(c) A withdrawal of love.
(d) A withdrawal of attention.
5. Garbarino claims some boys seek out images of evil and become addicted to them as a way of responding to what?
(a) The emptiness they feel inside.
(b) The resentment they feel inside.
(c) Social pressures to conform.
(d) The anger they feel inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is avoidant attachment?
2. What is often the result of emotional disassociation?
3. What does Garbarino claim is one of the most important aspects of child development?
4. What does Garbarino claim is inside almost every violent teenager?
5. What does Garbarino claim can lead us to humane treatment and rehabilitation?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)