|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is often the result of emotional disassociation?
(a) Social avoidance.
(b) Repressed anger.
(c) A lack of intelligence.
2. What does Garbarino say is true about the middle class, white killers of the modern age?
(a) They are spoiled.
(b) They are not truly violent.
(c) They are copy cat killers.
(d) They too show an accumulation of risk factors.
3. Garbarino believes that as children pass into adolescence, they are more vulnerable to ___________________.
(b) Peer pressure.
4. What emotion is often linked with anger in troubled boys?
5. Having a history of criminal violence in the family makes one's chances of committing murder ___________________.
(a) Twice as high.
(b) Three times as high.
(c) Twice as low.
(d) Nine times as high.
Short Answer Questions
1. The term for feeling constantly ashamed, disgraced, humiliated, and worthless is ____________________.
2. What is most important in the effect of parents on children?
3. What keeps the soul from dying, according to Garbarino?
4. What does Garbarino claim we think when we ask if violent youth have any morals?
5. What does Michael note his brother Robert showed that made him unlikable?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)