|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juliet worry about all the time?
(a) Her ill mother back in England.
(b) Her image.
(c) Her health.
(d) Her old dog.
2. What appears to dampen Abby and Justin's lead?
(a) Cassie is talking on the phone.
(b) Barbara is talking to Juliet.
(c) More teams are arriving.
3. What does Cassie wonder about Juliet and Dallas?
(a) If Dallas really loves Juliet.
(b) If they swing both ways.
(c) If they are ahead or behind her.
(d) If they are happy together.
4. What team is the last one to find the clue?
(a) Abby and Justin.
(b) Cassie and Laura.
(c) Juliet and Dallas.
(d) Wendy and Jullian.
5. What is a ryokan?
(a) A nine-course meal.
(b) A Japanese inn.
(c) A demonstration of swordplay.
(d) A three-act play.
6. What is a futomaki roll that can't be eaten?
(a) A roll of film.
(b) The next object to be found.
(c) A false clue.
(d) A roll down a water slope.
7. Where does Abby see hot dog vendors?
(a) Near the subway entrance.
(b) At a kiosk in the airport.
(c) On a side street of the theme park.
(d) In a Central Park replica.
8. Why is Cassie frustrated?
(a) Her mother is late.
(b) Her shoe lace broke.
(c) She can only see a little of each country.
(d) Her watch has stopped.
9. How long does it take to get to Osaka from Cairo?
(a) 4.5 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 13 hours.
(d) 21 hours.
10. What is Laura's job at home?
(a) A store manager.
(b) A car saleswoman.
(c) A nurse.
(d) An office administrator at a school.
11. Who is wandering with Abby?
(a) No one.
(c) A new cameraman and sound man.
12. Who are performing inside Hotel Barona?
(a) Two acrobats.
(b) A snake charmer.
(c) Two belly dancers.
(d) A fire eater.
13. What causes Abby a moment of intense feeling?
(a) Seeing Cassie with her arm around Juliet.
(b) Seeing two Japanese women kissing.
(c) Seeing two Japanese teenage girls holding hands.
(d) Seeing a miniature of Marilyn Monroe.
14. What do Laura and Cassie see inside the makeshift dwellings?
(a) Many of the living rooms have gravestones in them.
(b) Many of the couples are yelling at each other.
(c) Everyone seems to be smoking.
(d) Extreme poverty.
15. What does Ken offer to give Justin?
(c) A porno magazine.
(d) The item Justin needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many airline tickets does each team have to purchase?
2. What will the teams do with the volcanic sand?
3. Where are Laura and Cassie going at the opening of the novel?
4. Who does Justin follow?
5. What do the contestants have to balance?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)