|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleo ask Nathan is real about him in Part 3?
2. What is the name of the train that delivered Coca-Cola to Curly's store?
3. How long does Judge Moody admit he had Julia Mortimer's letter before receiving a second one?
4. Who does Granny Vaughn say she has just been to wake, but has in fact been dead a number of years, in Part 3?
5. What is the name of the song that Nathan plays on his cornet that makes Granny fall asleep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Community plays an interesting and sometimes background role in the book.
Part 1.) Discuss what community represents to the members of the reunion?
Part 2.) How has the family tried to set themselves apart from the rest of their community?
Part 3.) What clues are given to suggest that the rest of the community in which the book is based hold similar qualities to the members of the reunion?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's use of aggression in the book. What reason does she have for using this method?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the portrayal of social class in the book. What is telling of this portrayal in terms of character development?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)