|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the train that delivered Coca-Cola to Curly's store?
2. What does Beulah call for that causes the entire reunion to gather in a circle?
3. What present does Willy Trimble say he had brought to Julia Mortimer when he first arrives at the reunion?
4. What is the name of the person who secured work with the Coca-Cola company according to Jack?
5. What reason does Lexie say prevented her from being a teacher in Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the nature of the family's secrets in the book. What is telling of the family based on these secrets?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of the family's devotion to one another. What reasons do they have for such devotion? In what way does the family not show the same devotion to outsiders of the family, namely Gloria? What is telling of these actions in terms of the nature of the importance family holds to them?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of Jack and Gloria's relationship. What seems to be the driving force keeping them together? What might their future hold based on their discussion at the end of the book?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)