|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person who once courted Julia Mortimer that Mr. Renfro lost the store to?
(a) Curly Stovall.
(b) Dolphus Beecham.
(c) Percy Beecham.
(d) Mr. Dearman.
2. What does Jack tell his family that Curly convinced him to do in exchange for his truck's engine?
(a) Break up with Gloria.
(b) Feed Gloria berries.
(c) Take Gloria fishing.
(d) Marry Gloria.
3. What is the only thing inside the second letter Julia Mortimer sent to Judge Moody?
(a) A lock of hair.
(b) A prayer.
(d) A map to Alliance.
4. During what event did Julia Mortimer insist on keeping school in session until the roof was blown off?
(a) A flood.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A cyclone.
5. What happens to a black sawmill worker that is accused of killing Mr. Dearman?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is put in jail.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is hanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the song that Nathan plays on his cornet that makes Granny fall asleep?
2. Which of the following things does Brother Bethune not bemoan regarding Mississippi during his sermon at the reunion?
3. Who at the reunion says she knew about Julia Mortimer's dying wish after hearing the news from her husband?
4. How many reasons does Gloria ask from Julia Mortimer for why she shouldn't marry Jack?
5. What reason does Lexie say prevented her from being a teacher in Part 4?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)