|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Granny tell the family is the person who could be Gloria's mother?
(a) Beck Beecham.
(b) Rachel Sojourner.
(c) Fay Champion.
(d) Maud Eva Moody.
2. What rises up in the ceiling and then drops in short, jerky movements in Part 5?
(a) The chairs.
(b) The light bulb.
(c) The porch.
(d) The table.
3. What does Jack carry at the beginning of Part 4 that is stuffed with food for Aycock?
(a) A syrup bucket.
(b) A basket.
(c) A bag.
(d) A barrell.
4. What does Lexie continue to recount while mending Gloria's dress in Part 4?
(a) Her bad luck.
(b) Gloria's birth.
(c) Julia Mortimer's final years.
(d) Jack's imprisonment.
5. What does Jack reveal to his family that he rode out of jail on in Part 3?
(a) A mule.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A car.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beulah sent to fetch that results in Sam Dale being struck by coal when he is a baby?
2. What is the name of the person who secured work with the Coca-Cola company according to Jack?
3. What does Beulah tell Elvie to fetch for Brother Bethune at the beginning of Part 3?
4. What kind of book does Vaughn keep that he traded Curly for?
5. What is the name of the song that Nathan plays on his cornet that makes Granny fall asleep?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)