|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fence does Jack hold the baby while crossing that has 'Keep Off' signs on it?
(b) Barbed wire.
(c) Chain length.
2. Where does Curly say he is going when he finally leaves the scene of the wreck?
(b) A party.
(c) A fish fry.
(d) A reunion.
3. How many years is Jack sentenced to prison?
4. Who does the family tell Jack took his truck away after he was imprisoned?
5. What does Gloria have to grab hold of to stop herself from falling down the bank into the road?
(a) A mailbox.
(b) Jack's hand.
(c) A tree.
(d) A limb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who leads the bus away?
2. What is the name of the river that runs through Banner?
3. On what day does Uncle Homer say voting would take place for his election against Curly?
4. What does Gloria and Lady May drink from after Jack draws them water?
5. What does Mrs. Moody spot in Willy Trimble's wagon that makes her refuse to ride with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the rope holding Judge Moody's car snaps in Part 6?
2. What is the nature of Jack and Gloria's discussion after he chases her in Part 2?
3. How does Gloria describe the last time she went to visit Julia Mortimer?
4. What does Granny Vaughn say regarding the nature of Gloria's birth in Part 4?
5. How does the family react when Jack arrives at the family reunion for the first time?
6. How does Judge Moody respond when Beulah supposes he is kin to Julia Mortimer?
7. Describe what happens when Granny begins singing after Judge Moody reveals the nature of his relationship with Julia Mortimer.
8. What happens when Lady May starts sliding down the bank towards the road?
9. Describe what happens when Ella Faye went into Curly Stovall's store for a wine ball?
10. What is the nature of the family's discussion of Julia Mortimer's actions during a cyclone?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)