|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle Noah Webster's wife's name?
2. What is painted on the sign that Gloria bumps her head on?
(a) Enter at your own risk.
(b) No Parking.
(d) Destruction is at Hand.
3. What kind of bird does Curly say is nesting in a piece of the evidence he brought to court?
(a) An owl.
(b) A bluejay.
(c) A robin.
(d) An eagle.
4. What is the name of the river that runs through Banner?
(a) Bywy River.
(b) Cahaba River.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Jonestown River.
5. What is Brother Bethune reminded of when he takes a drink of water?
(a) His day's purpose.
(b) His age.
(c) His name.
(d) The name of his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town where Jack is sent to jail and escapes?
2. What does Curly tell Jack that Mr. Renfro gave him Jack's truck to pay for?
3. What is the name of the place Brother Bethune had told Judge Moody to take instead of Banner Bridge to reach Alliance?
4. What color are the flowers that Jack trips and falls into in Part 2?
5. What is the name of the man Uncle Homer heard from that told him Jack helped push a car out of a ditch in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Aycock when he first arrives at Banner Top in Part 2.
2. What happens to Jack once he in put into a jail in Foxtown in Part 1?
3. What does Gloria discuss with Jack at the beginning of Part 5?
4. How do the members of the reunion react when the Moody's arrive with Vaughn in the wagon?
5. What is the nature of the errand Miss Beulah sends Vaughn on at the cemetery in Part 1?
6. How does Jack react after Brother Bethune forgives Judge Moody on behalf of the reunion?
7. What is the nature of the evidence Curly brings to the trial against Jack?
8. How is the Renfro Bible described and used in Part 3?
9. What happens when the second tire on Moody's car blows out?
10. What happens when the rope holding Judge Moody's car snaps in Part 6?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)