|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the book take place?
2. Which of the following things is not mentioned as being inside Uncle Curtis' car when he arrives at the reunion?
3. What does Gloria bring to Jack that she procured in exchange for a barrel of walnuts?
(a) A ham.
(b) A new pair of pants.
(c) A new shirt.
(d) New glasses.
4. What position does Curly hold in the town at the time of Jack's trial?
(b) Town bishop.
5. Who does Jack try and get to hold his baby when he tries to help Gloria after she has fallen at Banner Top?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Uncle Noah Webster's wife's name?
2. Which of the following things does Brother Bethune not tell Jack he did earlier in the day in Part 2?
3. What does Mrs. Moody spot in Willy Trimble's wagon that makes her refuse to ride with him?
4. What does Gloria tell Jack that Julia Mortimer did not want for her at the end of Part 2?
5. Who do Jack and Gloria first run into during their journey in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gloria say to Jack when he tells her she will be able to pay her respects to Julia Mortimer at the end of Part 2?
2. What happened when Jack took a safe from Curly Stovall in Part 1?
3. What happens when Jack tries to use Bet to get Moody's car unstuck in Part 2?
4. How did Jack retaliate against Curly after he makes Ella Faye cry?
5. What happens when Jack tries to take his truck back from Curly in Part 2?
6. What happens to Jack once he in put into a jail in Foxtown in Part 1?
7. What is the nature of the evidence Curly brings to the trial against Jack?
8. What happens when Lady May starts sliding down the bank towards the road?
9. Describe the contents of the letter Judge Moody reads from Julia Mortimer in Part 4.
10. What does Brother Bethune do when he thinks he has seen a snake?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)