|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Granny Vaughn say she has just been to wake, but has in fact been dead a number of years, in Part 3?
(a) Sam Dale.
(b) Curly Stovall.
(c) Oscar Moody.
(d) Curtis Beecham.
2. What reason does Lexie say prevented her from being a teacher in Part 4?
(a) She was stupid.
(b) She was too quiet.
(c) The children didn't like her.
(d) She couldn't control the children.
3. Who comes over to Gloria and trims her dress after she is attached and force-fed?
4. How does Jack respond when Gloria mentions that they may be cousins?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He is distraught.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is sad.
5. What does Cleo ask Nathan is real about him in Part 3?
(a) His ear.
(b) His hand.
(c) His arm.
(d) His foot.
6. Where does Judge Moody suggest Jack and Gloria move to because cousins are allowed to be married there?
(d) North Carolina.
7. What are the contents of the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
(a) A map.
(b) Julia Mortimer's will.
(c) Jack's will.
(d) A love letter.
8. What is the name of the person who secured work with the Coca-Cola company according to Jack?
(a) Ears Broadwee.
(b) Homer Champion.
(c) Aycock Comfort.
(d) Jack Renfro.
9. Which of the following things did Julia Mortimer not sell in order to keep the school open?
(a) Fruit bushes.
10. Where does Judge Moody pull an envelope from and begin to read it in Part 4?
(a) His back pocket.
(b) His coat pocket.
(c) His briefcase.
(d) His breast pocket.
11. Who supposes that Judge Moody is kin to Julia Mortimer and is affronted that he would disparage her?
12. Where does Julia Mortimer state that she wants to be buried?
(a) The doorstep of the school.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) Her backyard.
(d) A field.
13. What is Beulah sent to fetch that results in Sam Dale being struck by coal when he is a baby?
(a) Slippery elm.
14. How many candles are placed on Granny Vaughn's cake?
15. Who does Granny tell the family is the person who could be Gloria's mother?
(a) Beck Beecham.
(b) Maud Eva Moody.
(c) Fay Champion.
(d) Rachel Sojourner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Judge Moody given to sit on during the reunion?
2. What does Jack carry at the beginning of Part 4 that is stuffed with food for Aycock?
3. What does Julia Mortimer tell Gloria her baby would be if she had it with Jack?
4. Who decides to pitch a tent in the yard rather than go home after the reunion?
5. What present does Willy Trimble say he had brought to Julia Mortimer when he first arrives at the reunion?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)