|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the contents of the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
(a) Julia Mortimer's will.
(b) Jack's will.
(c) A map.
(d) A love letter.
2. Who does Granny tell the family is the person who could be Gloria's mother?
(a) Rachel Sojourner.
(b) Fay Champion.
(c) Maud Eva Moody.
(d) Beck Beecham.
3. What does Cleo ask Nathan is real about him in Part 3?
(a) His ear.
(b) His hand.
(c) His foot.
(d) His arm.
4. Who comes over to Gloria and trims her dress after she is attached and force-fed?
5. What does Beulah call for that causes the entire reunion to gather in a circle?
(b) The joining of hands.
(c) A fight.
(d) Story time.
6. What color is the flower that looks like a star inside a star that blooms on the porch?
7. How many reasons does Gloria ask from Julia Mortimer for why she shouldn't marry Jack?
8. How long does Judge Moody admit he had Julia Mortimer's letter before receiving a second one?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
9. Which of the following things does Brother Bethune not bemoan regarding Mississippi during his sermon at the reunion?
(a) Their fortune.
(b) The drought.
(c) Their poverty.
(d) The poor crop.
10. What does Jack carry at the beginning of Part 4 that is stuffed with food for Aycock?
(a) A barrell.
(b) A basket.
(c) A bag.
(d) A syrup bucket.
11. What are the names of the two people who died when their buggy plunged through a hold in the bridge according to Beulah in Part 3?
(a) Euclid and Ellen.
(b) Etoyle and Elvie.
(c) Percy and Ralph.
(d) Ralph and Oscar.
12. Who besides the Moody's does Vaughn return with in the wagon in Part 3?
13. According to Judge Moody's letter from Julia Mortimer, what does she say she lost every battle to?
(b) The children she taught.
14. What is the Judge incredulous about regarding the family's treatment of him when he first arrives at the reunion?
(a) Why everyone likes him.
(b) Why no one likes him.
(c) Why he has been invited to the reunion.
(d) Why he needs to be forgiven.
15. What was the length of the regular school year that Julia Mortimer wished to lengthen?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 7 months.
(d) 4 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to pitch a tent in the yard rather than go home after the reunion?
2. Who at the reunion says she knew about Julia Mortimer's dying wish after hearing the news from her husband?
3. What rises up in the ceiling and then drops in short, jerky movements in Part 5?
4. Which of the following things did Julia Mortimer not sell in order to keep the school open?
5. Who takes possession of the book that Willy Trimble produces in Part 4?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)