|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many candles are placed on Granny Vaughn's cake?
2. Who does Granny tell the family is the person who could be Gloria's mother?
(a) Rachel Sojourner.
(b) Fay Champion.
(c) Beck Beecham.
(d) Maud Eva Moody.
3. What, at the conclusion of Julia Mortimer's letter, does Judge Moody say is what lead him to travel to see her?
(a) A fortune.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) A pet.
(d) To a child.
4. What was the length of the regular school year that Julia Mortimer wished to lengthen?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 7 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 6 months.
5. What present does Willy Trimble say he had brought to Julia Mortimer when he first arrives at the reunion?
(a) A ring.
(b) A coffin.
(d) A safe.
6. What does Cleo ask Nathan is real about him in Part 3?
(a) His arm.
(b) His hand.
(c) His ear.
(d) His foot.
7. Who arrives at the reunion in Part 5 and is unhappy to see the Moody's are present?
(a) Curly Stovall.
(b) Nathan Beecham.
(c) Homer Champion.
(d) Curtis Beecham.
8. What is the Judge incredulous about regarding the family's treatment of him when he first arrives at the reunion?
(a) Why everyone likes him.
(b) Why no one likes him.
(c) Why he has been invited to the reunion.
(d) Why he needs to be forgiven.
9. On whose spare tire does Jack say he rode on after escaping jail?
(b) Willy Trimble's.
(d) Judge Moody's.
10. According to Judge Moody's letter from Julia Mortimer, what does she say she lost every battle to?
(c) The children she taught.
11. What are the contents of the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
(a) A map.
(b) Julia Mortimer's will.
(c) Jack's will.
(d) A love letter.
12. What happens to a black sawmill worker that is accused of killing Mr. Dearman?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is hanged.
(d) He is put in jail.
13. Who comes over to Gloria and trims her dress after she is attached and force-fed?
14. What does Beulah call for that causes the entire reunion to gather in a circle?
(a) A fight.
(c) Story time.
(d) The joining of hands.
15. What reason does Lexie say prevented her from being a teacher in Part 4?
(a) The children didn't like her.
(b) She was stupid.
(c) She couldn't control the children.
(d) She was too quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julia Mortimer state that she wants to be buried?
2. What is Beulah sent to fetch that results in Sam Dale being struck by coal when he is a baby?
3. What does Judge Moody reveal that Julia Mortimer coached him in when he was younger?
4. How does Uncle Nathan say he killed Mr. Dearman?
5. What do all the women at the reunion fuss over in regards to the rip in Gloria's dress?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)