|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creeps upon the reunion without them even noticing at the beginning of Part 5?
(a) Curly Stovall.
(c) A dog.
(d) A moose.
2. What color is the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
3. What is the name of the person who secured work with the Coca-Cola company according to Jack?
(a) Aycock Comfort.
(b) Jack Renfro.
(c) Ears Broadwee.
(d) Homer Champion.
4. What does Jack reveal to his family that he rode out of jail on in Part 3?
(a) A horse.
(b) A car.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A mule.
5. What does the family, led by Beulah, do at the end of Part 3?
(d) Recite poetry.
6. What type of tree had Julia Mortimer sent to most of the town but that they didn't bother planting?
7. Who does Granny tell the family is the person who could be Gloria's mother?
(a) Rachel Sojourner.
(b) Beck Beecham.
(c) Maud Eva Moody.
(d) Fay Champion.
8. Who takes possession of the book that Willy Trimble produces in Part 4?
(a) Homer Champion.
(c) Ralph Renfro.
(d) Judge Moody.
9. During what event did Julia Mortimer insist on keeping school in session until the roof was blown off?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A flood.
(c) A cyclone.
(d) A tornado.
10. In what month does Julia Mortimer wish to start school?
11. What happens to a black sawmill worker that is accused of killing Mr. Dearman?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He is put in jail.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is hanged.
12. Which of the following matters has Judge Moody not handled for Julia Mortimer?
(a) Her will.
(b) Matters of inheritance.
(c) Her taxes.
(d) Helped her sell her house.
13. Where does Julia Mortimer state that she wants to be buried?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The doorstep of the school.
(c) Her backyard.
(d) A field.
14. What is the only thing inside the second letter Julia Mortimer sent to Judge Moody?
(a) A lock of hair.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A map to Alliance.
15. What are the names of the two people who died when their buggy plunged through a hold in the bridge according to Beulah in Part 3?
(a) Etoyle and Elvie.
(b) Euclid and Ellen.
(c) Ralph and Oscar.
(d) Percy and Ralph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Lexie say prevented her from being a teacher in Part 4?
2. How long does Judge Moody admit he had Julia Mortimer's letter before receiving a second one?
3. Who decides to pitch a tent in the yard rather than go home after the reunion?
4. How many candles are placed on Granny Vaughn's cake?
5. What does Cleo ask Nathan is real about him in Part 3?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)