|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack tell his family that Curly convinced him to do in exchange for his truck's engine?
(a) Take Gloria fishing.
(b) Break up with Gloria.
(c) Marry Gloria.
(d) Feed Gloria berries.
2. Who comes over to Gloria and trims her dress after she is attached and force-fed?
3. What do the women at the reunion try and force feed to Gloria after she says she doesn't want to be a Beecham?
4. Which of the following presents does Granny not receive for her birthday?
(a) A hat.
(b) A can of talcum powder.
(c) A bottle of peppers.
(d) A teacup and saucer.
5. What is the name of the song that Nathan plays on his cornet that makes Granny fall asleep?
(a) The Lord is Good.
(b) Blessed be You.
(c) This Little Light of Mine.
(d) Let the Lower Lights Be Burning.
6. What does Julia Mortimer tell Gloria her baby would be if she had it with Jack?
(a) Deaf and dumb.
(d) Brown haired.
7. Who besides the Moody's does Vaughn return with in the wagon in Part 3?
8. What does Granny call for in order to show proof that Sam Dale could be Gloria's father?
(a) A family tree.
(b) A cookbook.
(c) Her Bible.
(d) The family album.
9. What are the names of the two people who died when their buggy plunged through a hold in the bridge according to Beulah in Part 3?
(a) Ralph and Oscar.
(b) Etoyle and Elvie.
(c) Euclid and Ellen.
(d) Percy and Ralph.
10. What is the name of the train that delivered Coca-Cola to Curly's store?
(a) The Nashville Rocket.
(b) The Great Bam.
(c) The Jackson Sun.
(d) The Nashua.
11. What does Jack carry at the beginning of Part 4 that is stuffed with food for Aycock?
(a) A basket.
(b) A barrell.
(c) A syrup bucket.
(d) A bag.
12. What, at the conclusion of Julia Mortimer's letter, does Judge Moody say is what lead him to travel to see her?
(a) A pet.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) A fortune.
(d) To a child.
13. Where does Judge Moody suggest Jack and Gloria move to because cousins are allowed to be married there?
(a) North Carolina.
14. What fruit does Mr. Renfro say Sam Dale and a woman played against in a picking race?
15. Who is the person that had been caring for Julia Mortimer for the past few years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing inside the second letter Julia Mortimer sent to Judge Moody?
2. What does the family, led by Beulah, do at the end of Part 3?
3. Where does Judge Moody pull an envelope from and begin to read it in Part 4?
4. What does Cleo ask Nathan is real about him in Part 3?
5. How many candles are placed on Granny Vaughn's cake?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)