|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beulah sent to fetch that results in Sam Dale being struck by coal when he is a baby?
(b) Slippery elm.
2. What does Julia Mortimer tell Gloria that she would be doing if she married Jack?
(a) Making her happy.
(b) Disappointing her.
(c) Breaking her heart.
(d) Being very un-teacherlike.
3. What does Lexie continue to recount while mending Gloria's dress in Part 4?
(a) Jack's imprisonment.
(b) Her bad luck.
(c) Gloria's birth.
(d) Julia Mortimer's final years.
4. What is Jack's middle name?
5. What, at the conclusion of Julia Mortimer's letter, does Judge Moody say is what lead him to travel to see her?
(a) To a child.
(b) A fortune.
(c) A pet.
(d) An inheritance.
6. What do all the women at the reunion fuss over in regards to the rip in Gloria's dress?
(a) The length.
(b) The shape.
(c) The material.
(d) The color.
7. What is the only thing inside the second letter Julia Mortimer sent to Judge Moody?
(a) A map to Alliance.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A lock of hair.
8. Which of the following things does Brother Bethune not bemoan regarding Mississippi during his sermon at the reunion?
(a) The drought.
(b) The poor crop.
(c) Their fortune.
(d) Their poverty.
9. What does Beulah tell Elvie to fetch for Brother Bethune at the beginning of Part 3?
(b) The Bible.
(c) The family tree.
(d) A pitcher.
10. What color is the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
11. What happens to a black sawmill worker that is accused of killing Mr. Dearman?
(a) He is put in jail.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is hanged.
12. Which of the following matters has Judge Moody not handled for Julia Mortimer?
(a) Helped her sell her house.
(b) Her will.
(c) Her taxes.
(d) Matters of inheritance.
13. What does Beulah call for that causes the entire reunion to gather in a circle?
(a) The joining of hands.
(b) A fight.
(c) Story time.
14. Who at the reunion says she knew about Julia Mortimer's dying wish after hearing the news from her husband?
15. What is the name of the song that Nathan plays on his cornet that makes Granny fall asleep?
(a) Let the Lower Lights Be Burning.
(b) This Little Light of Mine.
(c) Blessed be You.
(d) The Lord is Good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack carry at the beginning of Part 4 that is stuffed with food for Aycock?
2. Who is the person that had been caring for Julia Mortimer for the past few years?
3. What does Cleo ask Nathan is real about him in Part 3?
4. What are the contents of the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
5. What is Judge Moody given to sit on during the reunion?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)