|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Granny say Jack is like the dead person she tries to wake in Part 3?
(a) They both had heart.
(b) Because the girls were sweet on him.
(c) They have the same hair.
(d) They have the same eyes.
2. What is Beulah sent to fetch that results in Sam Dale being struck by coal when he is a baby?
(c) Slippery elm.
3. Who does Beulah send to retrieve an old family photo in Part 5?
4. Where does Judge Moody suggest Jack and Gloria move to because cousins are allowed to be married there?
(d) North Carolina.
5. How long does Judge Moody admit he had Julia Mortimer's letter before receiving a second one?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) 3 weeks.
6. What is heard the night after the reunion after it begins to rain?
(b) A crack like thunder.
(d) A yell.
7. How many years could Jack have to spend in jail if he and Gloria are cousins?
8. How many reasons does Gloria ask from Julia Mortimer for why she shouldn't marry Jack?
9. What happens to a black sawmill worker that is accused of killing Mr. Dearman?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is hanged.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is put in jail.
10. Who at the reunion says she knew about Julia Mortimer's dying wish after hearing the news from her husband?
11. During what event did Julia Mortimer insist on keeping school in session until the roof was blown off?
(a) A flood.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A cyclone.
(d) A hurricane.
12. Where does Judge Moody pull an envelope from and begin to read it in Part 4?
(a) His coat pocket.
(b) His briefcase.
(c) His breast pocket.
(d) His back pocket.
13. Who does Granny tell the family is the person who could be Gloria's mother?
(a) Fay Champion.
(b) Rachel Sojourner.
(c) Beck Beecham.
(d) Maud Eva Moody.
14. What does Granny begin to do when Uncle Curtis lifts her onto the table at the end of Part 4?
15. How does Jack respond when Gloria mentions that they may be cousins?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He is distraught.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
2. What does Granny call for in order to show proof that Sam Dale could be Gloria's father?
3. What creeps upon the reunion without them even noticing at the beginning of Part 5?
4. Which of the following things did Julia Mortimer not sell in order to keep the school open?
5. What are the contents of the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)