|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Granny tell the family is the person who could be Gloria's mother?
(a) Maud Eva Moody.
(b) Fay Champion.
(c) Rachel Sojourner.
(d) Beck Beecham.
2. What does Jack carry at the beginning of Part 4 that is stuffed with food for Aycock?
(a) A barrell.
(b) A bag.
(c) A syrup bucket.
(d) A basket.
3. Where does Judge Moody suggest Jack and Gloria move to because cousins are allowed to be married there?
(b) North Carolina.
4. What, at the conclusion of Julia Mortimer's letter, does Judge Moody say is what lead him to travel to see her?
(a) A pet.
(b) A fortune.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) To a child.
5. How many candles are placed on Granny Vaughn's cake?
6. Which of the following things did Julia Mortimer not sell in order to keep the school open?
(c) Fruit bushes.
7. Which of the following presents does Granny not receive for her birthday?
(a) A bottle of peppers.
(b) A can of talcum powder.
(c) A hat.
(d) A teacup and saucer.
8. What are the contents of the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
(a) A love letter.
(b) Jack's will.
(c) Julia Mortimer's will.
(d) A map.
9. What happens to a black sawmill worker that is accused of killing Mr. Dearman?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is put in jail.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is hanged.
10. Who arrives at the reunion in Part 5 and is unhappy to see the Moody's are present?
(a) Nathan Beecham.
(b) Curly Stovall.
(c) Homer Champion.
(d) Curtis Beecham.
11. What is the name of the person at the reunion who knew of Julia Mortimer's dying wish because he was on the board of supervisors?
12. What does Granny call for in order to show proof that Sam Dale could be Gloria's father?
(a) A cookbook.
(b) Her Bible.
(c) The family album.
(d) A family tree.
13. Who besides the Moody's does Vaughn return with in the wagon in Part 3?
14. Which of the following matters has Judge Moody not handled for Julia Mortimer?
(a) Helped her sell her house.
(b) Matters of inheritance.
(c) Her taxes.
(d) Her will.
15. What color is the flower that looks like a star inside a star that blooms on the porch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia Mortimer tell Gloria her baby would be if she had it with Jack?
2. What is the name of the train that delivered Coca-Cola to Curly's store?
3. Who at the reunion says she knew about Julia Mortimer's dying wish after hearing the news from her husband?
4. Who comes over to Gloria and trims her dress after she is attached and force-fed?
5. What creeps upon the reunion without them even noticing at the beginning of Part 5?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)