|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beulah call for that causes the entire reunion to gather in a circle?
(a) The joining of hands.
(c) A fight.
(d) Story time.
2. What fruit does Mr. Renfro say Sam Dale and a woman played against in a picking race?
3. How does Uncle Nathan say he killed Mr. Dearman?
(a) With a knife.
(b) With a rope.
(c) With a gun.
(d) With a stone to the head.
4. Who at the reunion says she knew about Julia Mortimer's dying wish after hearing the news from her husband?
5. Who arrives at the reunion in Part 5 and is unhappy to see the Moody's are present?
(a) Nathan Beecham.
(b) Curtis Beecham.
(c) Curly Stovall.
(d) Homer Champion.
6. What reason does Granny say Jack is like the dead person she tries to wake in Part 3?
(a) They have the same hair.
(b) They both had heart.
(c) They have the same eyes.
(d) Because the girls were sweet on him.
7. What kind of book does Vaughn keep that he traded Curly for?
8. What is heard the night after the reunion after it begins to rain?
(b) A crack like thunder.
(d) A yell.
9. Who takes possession of the book that Willy Trimble produces in Part 4?
(b) Ralph Renfro.
(c) Homer Champion.
(d) Judge Moody.
10. Who does Granny Vaughn say she has just been to wake, but has in fact been dead a number of years, in Part 3?
(a) Sam Dale.
(b) Curly Stovall.
(c) Curtis Beecham.
(d) Oscar Moody.
11. Which of the following things does Brother Bethune not bemoan regarding Mississippi during his sermon at the reunion?
(a) The poor crop.
(b) The drought.
(c) Their poverty.
(d) Their fortune.
12. What creeps upon the reunion without them even noticing at the beginning of Part 5?
(a) Curly Stovall.
(c) A moose.
(d) A dog.
13. What is the only thing inside the second letter Julia Mortimer sent to Judge Moody?
(a) A map to Alliance.
(b) A prayer.
(d) A lock of hair.
14. During what event did Julia Mortimer insist on keeping school in session until the roof was blown off?
(a) A flood.
(b) A cyclone.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) A tornado.
15. What do the women at the reunion try and force feed to Gloria after she says she doesn't want to be a Beecham?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree had Julia Mortimer sent to most of the town but that they didn't bother planting?
2. On whose spare tire does Jack say he rode on after escaping jail?
3. What color is the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
4. What is Judge Moody given to sit on during the reunion?
5. What does Granny begin to do when Uncle Curtis lifts her onto the table at the end of Part 4?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)