|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granny begin to do when Uncle Curtis lifts her onto the table at the end of Part 4?
2. Who comes over to Gloria and trims her dress after she is attached and force-fed?
3. What rises up in the ceiling and then drops in short, jerky movements in Part 5?
(a) The light bulb.
(b) The table.
(c) The porch.
(d) The chairs.
4. How does Jack respond when Gloria mentions that they may be cousins?
(a) He is distraught.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is sad.
5. What is the name of the train that delivered Coca-Cola to Curly's store?
(a) The Nashua.
(b) The Nashville Rocket.
(c) The Jackson Sun.
(d) The Great Bam.
6. Who is the person that had been caring for Julia Mortimer for the past few years?
7. On whose spare tire does Jack say he rode on after escaping jail?
(b) Judge Moody's.
(c) Willy Trimble's.
8. What does Cleo ask Nathan is real about him in Part 3?
(a) His arm.
(b) His foot.
(c) His ear.
(d) His hand.
9. What is the name of the person who secured work with the Coca-Cola company according to Jack?
(a) Jack Renfro.
(b) Homer Champion.
(c) Aycock Comfort.
(d) Ears Broadwee.
10. Which of the following presents does Granny not receive for her birthday?
(a) A bottle of peppers.
(b) A teacup and saucer.
(c) A can of talcum powder.
(d) A hat.
11. What does Julia Mortimer tell Gloria that she would be doing if she married Jack?
(a) Being very un-teacherlike.
(b) Making her happy.
(c) Breaking her heart.
(d) Disappointing her.
12. What is Beulah sent to fetch that results in Sam Dale being struck by coal when he is a baby?
(a) Slippery elm.
13. Who takes possession of the book that Willy Trimble produces in Part 4?
(a) Judge Moody.
(b) Ralph Renfro.
(d) Homer Champion.
14. What does Lexie continue to recount while mending Gloria's dress in Part 4?
(a) Jack's imprisonment.
(b) Gloria's birth.
(c) Her bad luck.
(d) Julia Mortimer's final years.
15. How many candles are placed on Granny Vaughn's cake?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Lexie say prevented her from being a teacher in Part 4?
2. How long does Judge Moody admit he had Julia Mortimer's letter before receiving a second one?
3. Where does Julia Mortimer state that she wants to be buried?
4. What kind of book does Vaughn keep that he traded Curly for?
5. In what month does Julia Mortimer wish to start school?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)