|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Granny tell the family is the person who could be Gloria's mother?
(a) Beck Beecham.
(b) Fay Champion.
(c) Maud Eva Moody.
(d) Rachel Sojourner.
2. What is the name of the person who once courted Julia Mortimer that Mr. Renfro lost the store to?
(a) Dolphus Beecham.
(b) Curly Stovall.
(c) Percy Beecham.
(d) Mr. Dearman.
3. What does Cleo ask Nathan is real about him in Part 3?
(a) His arm.
(b) His ear.
(c) His foot.
(d) His hand.
4. According to Julia Mortimer's will, who must attend her funeral?
(a) All of her former students.
(b) Gloria and Jack.
(c) No one.
(d) Her children.
5. Which of the following things does Brother Bethune not bemoan regarding Mississippi during his sermon at the reunion?
(a) Their fortune.
(b) Their poverty.
(c) The poor crop.
(d) The drought.
6. What does Granny begin to do when Uncle Curtis lifts her onto the table at the end of Part 4?
7. What does Jack tell his family that Curly convinced him to do in exchange for his truck's engine?
(a) Take Gloria fishing.
(b) Marry Gloria.
(c) Feed Gloria berries.
(d) Break up with Gloria.
8. What is Beulah sent to fetch that results in Sam Dale being struck by coal when he is a baby?
(d) Slippery elm.
9. What is Judge Moody given to sit on during the reunion?
(a) A stool.
(b) The floor.
(c) A barrell.
(d) A school chair.
10. What rises up in the ceiling and then drops in short, jerky movements in Part 5?
(a) The porch.
(b) The light bulb.
(c) The chairs.
(d) The table.
11. According to Judge Moody's letter from Julia Mortimer, what does she say she lost every battle to?
(b) The children she taught.
12. How does Uncle Nathan say he killed Mr. Dearman?
(a) With a rope.
(b) With a gun.
(c) With a knife.
(d) With a stone to the head.
13. How does Jack respond when Gloria mentions that they may be cousins?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is distraught.
(d) He is sad.
14. On whose spare tire does Jack say he rode on after escaping jail?
(a) Judge Moody's.
(c) Willy Trimble's.
15. What does Granny call for in order to show proof that Sam Dale could be Gloria's father?
(a) Her Bible.
(b) A family tree.
(c) A cookbook.
(d) The family album.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack reveal to his family that he rode out of jail on in Part 3?
2. Who besides the Moody's does Vaughn return with in the wagon in Part 3?
3. What does Julia Mortimer tell Gloria her baby would be if she had it with Jack?
4. What does Beulah tell Elvie to fetch for Brother Bethune at the beginning of Part 3?
5. What is the name of the song that Nathan plays on his cornet that makes Granny fall asleep?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)