|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women at the reunion try and force feed to Gloria after she says she doesn't want to be a Beecham?
2. What does Granny call for in order to show proof that Sam Dale could be Gloria's father?
(a) A cookbook.
(b) The family album.
(c) A family tree.
(d) Her Bible.
3. What, at the conclusion of Julia Mortimer's letter, does Judge Moody say is what lead him to travel to see her?
(a) To a child.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) A fortune.
(d) A pet.
4. What is the name of the song that Nathan plays on his cornet that makes Granny fall asleep?
(a) The Lord is Good.
(b) This Little Light of Mine.
(c) Blessed be You.
(d) Let the Lower Lights Be Burning.
5. Who besides the Moody's does Vaughn return with in the wagon in Part 3?
6. What type of tree had Julia Mortimer sent to most of the town but that they didn't bother planting?
7. Which of the following things did Julia Mortimer not sell in order to keep the school open?
(b) Fruit bushes.
8. What are the contents of the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
(a) A love letter.
(b) Jack's will.
(c) A map.
(d) Julia Mortimer's will.
9. How many candles are placed on Granny Vaughn's cake?
10. How many reasons does Gloria ask from Julia Mortimer for why she shouldn't marry Jack?
11. Who decides to pitch a tent in the yard rather than go home after the reunion?
(d) Uncle Nathan.
12. Which of the following presents does Granny not receive for her birthday?
(a) A can of talcum powder.
(b) A teacup and saucer.
(c) A hat.
(d) A bottle of peppers.
13. What is the Judge incredulous about regarding the family's treatment of him when he first arrives at the reunion?
(a) Why no one likes him.
(b) Why he has been invited to the reunion.
(c) Why he needs to be forgiven.
(d) Why everyone likes him.
14. What does Jack reveal to his family that he rode out of jail on in Part 3?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A car.
(c) A mule.
(d) A horse.
15. What color is the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Julia Mortimer wish to start school?
2. What reason does Lexie say prevented her from being a teacher in Part 4?
3. What are the names of the two people who died when their buggy plunged through a hold in the bridge according to Beulah in Part 3?
4. According to Julia Mortimer's will, who must attend her funeral?
5. What is the name of the person who once courted Julia Mortimer that Mr. Renfro lost the store to?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)