Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes possession of the book that Willy Trimble produces in Part 4?
(b) Ralph Renfro.
(c) Judge Moody.
(d) Homer Champion.
2. How many years could Jack have to spend in jail if he and Gloria are cousins?
3. Who comes over to Gloria and trims her dress after she is attached and force-fed?
4. What present does Willy Trimble say he had brought to Julia Mortimer when he first arrives at the reunion?
(a) A coffin.
(b) A safe.
(d) A ring.
5. What does Jack reveal to his family that he rode out of jail on in Part 3?
(a) A car.
(b) A horse.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A mule.
6. Who does Granny tell the family is the person who could be Gloria's mother?
(a) Beck Beecham.
(b) Rachel Sojourner.
(c) Fay Champion.
(d) Maud Eva Moody.
7. What are the contents of the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
(a) A love letter.
(b) Julia Mortimer's will.
(c) A map.
(d) Jack's will.
8. What is the name of the song that Nathan plays on his cornet that makes Granny fall asleep?
(a) Let the Lower Lights Be Burning.
(b) Blessed be You.
(c) This Little Light of Mine.
(d) The Lord is Good.
9. What is the Judge incredulous about regarding the family's treatment of him when he first arrives at the reunion?
(a) Why no one likes him.
(b) Why everyone likes him.
(c) Why he has been invited to the reunion.
(d) Why he needs to be forgiven.
10. Who decides to pitch a tent in the yard rather than go home after the reunion?
(c) Uncle Nathan.
11. Which of the following things does Brother Bethune not bemoan regarding Mississippi during his sermon at the reunion?
(a) The poor crop.
(b) Their poverty.
(c) The drought.
(d) Their fortune.
12. What do all the women at the reunion fuss over in regards to the rip in Gloria's dress?
(a) The color.
(b) The shape.
(c) The material.
(d) The length.
13. What are the names of the two people who died when their buggy plunged through a hold in the bridge according to Beulah in Part 3?
(a) Percy and Ralph.
(b) Euclid and Ellen.
(c) Etoyle and Elvie.
(d) Ralph and Oscar.
14. On whose spare tire does Jack say he rode on after escaping jail?
(c) Judge Moody's.
(d) Willy Trimble's.
15. Where does Judge Moody pull an envelope from and begin to read it in Part 4?
(a) His coat pocket.
(b) His back pocket.
(c) His briefcase.
(d) His breast pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Granny say Jack is like the dead person she tries to wake in Part 3?
2. What does Julia Mortimer tell Gloria that she would be doing if she married Jack?
3. During what event did Julia Mortimer insist on keeping school in session until the roof was blown off?
4. In what month does Julia Mortimer wish to start school?
5. Which of the following things did Julia Mortimer not sell in order to keep the school open?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)