|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
2. Who does Beulah send to retrieve an old family photo in Part 5?
3. What is the name of the train that delivered Coca-Cola to Curly's store?
(a) The Nashville Rocket.
(b) The Nashua.
(c) The Great Bam.
(d) The Jackson Sun.
4. What does Beulah tell Elvie to fetch for Brother Bethune at the beginning of Part 3?
(b) The Bible.
(c) The family tree.
(d) A pitcher.
5. What does Judge Moody reveal that Julia Mortimer coached him in when he was younger?
6. What was the length of the regular school year that Julia Mortimer wished to lengthen?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4 months.
7. In what month does Julia Mortimer wish to start school?
8. What is Beulah sent to fetch that results in Sam Dale being struck by coal when he is a baby?
(b) Slippery elm.
9. What is the only thing inside the second letter Julia Mortimer sent to Judge Moody?
(a) A map to Alliance.
(c) A lock of hair.
(d) A prayer.
10. What is the Judge incredulous about regarding the family's treatment of him when he first arrives at the reunion?
(a) Why everyone likes him.
(b) Why he needs to be forgiven.
(c) Why no one likes him.
(d) Why he has been invited to the reunion.
11. What, at the conclusion of Julia Mortimer's letter, does Judge Moody say is what lead him to travel to see her?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) A fortune.
(c) To a child.
(d) A pet.
12. How many candles are placed on Granny Vaughn's cake?
13. What kind of book does Vaughn keep that he traded Curly for?
14. Who eventually walks over and helps Gloria up after she is attacked and force-fed?
15. What does Cleo ask Nathan is real about him in Part 3?
(a) His foot.
(b) His hand.
(c) His arm.
(d) His ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle Nathan say he killed Mr. Dearman?
2. What do all the women at the reunion fuss over in regards to the rip in Gloria's dress?
3. What is heard the night after the reunion after it begins to rain?
4. Who takes possession of the book that Willy Trimble produces in Part 4?
5. What is the name of the person who secured work with the Coca-Cola company according to Jack?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)