|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes over to Gloria and trims her dress after she is attached and force-fed?
2. Who eventually walks over and helps Gloria up after she is attacked and force-fed?
3. On whose spare tire does Jack say he rode on after escaping jail?
(a) Judge Moody's.
(d) Willy Trimble's.
4. Who decides to pitch a tent in the yard rather than go home after the reunion?
(d) Uncle Nathan.
5. Which of the following things does Brother Bethune not bemoan regarding Mississippi during his sermon at the reunion?
(a) Their fortune.
(b) The poor crop.
(c) The drought.
(d) Their poverty.
6. What does Beulah call for that causes the entire reunion to gather in a circle?
(a) A fight.
(b) The joining of hands.
(d) Story time.
7. Which of the following things did Julia Mortimer not sell in order to keep the school open?
(d) Fruit bushes.
8. Where does Judge Moody suggest Jack and Gloria move to because cousins are allowed to be married there?
(a) North Carolina.
9. What is the name of the train that delivered Coca-Cola to Curly's store?
(a) The Jackson Sun.
(b) The Great Bam.
(c) The Nashville Rocket.
(d) The Nashua.
10. What type of tree had Julia Mortimer sent to most of the town but that they didn't bother planting?
11. What is the name of the person at the reunion who knew of Julia Mortimer's dying wish because he was on the board of supervisors?
12. What kind of book does Vaughn keep that he traded Curly for?
13. According to Julia Mortimer's will, who must attend her funeral?
(a) No one.
(b) All of her former students.
(c) Gloria and Jack.
(d) Her children.
14. What does Judge Moody reveal that Julia Mortimer coached him in when he was younger?
15. Who supposes that Judge Moody is kin to Julia Mortimer and is affronted that he would disparage her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack carry at the beginning of Part 4 that is stuffed with food for Aycock?
2. What fruit does Mr. Renfro say Sam Dale and a woman played against in a picking race?
3. What does Lexie continue to recount while mending Gloria's dress in Part 4?
4. What does Jack reveal to his family that he rode out of jail on in Part 3?
5. Who does Beulah send to retrieve an old family photo in Part 5?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)