|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judge Moody reveal that Julia Mortimer coached him in when he was younger?
2. Who is the person that had been caring for Julia Mortimer for the past few years?
3. According to Julia Mortimer's will, who must attend her funeral?
(a) No one.
(b) Her children.
(c) All of her former students.
(d) Gloria and Jack.
4. Which of the following matters has Judge Moody not handled for Julia Mortimer?
(a) Her taxes.
(b) Helped her sell her house.
(c) Her will.
(d) Matters of inheritance.
5. What is the Judge incredulous about regarding the family's treatment of him when he first arrives at the reunion?
(a) Why everyone likes him.
(b) Why no one likes him.
(c) Why he has been invited to the reunion.
(d) Why he needs to be forgiven.
6. What kind of book does Vaughn keep that he traded Curly for?
7. What do all the women at the reunion fuss over in regards to the rip in Gloria's dress?
(a) The color.
(b) The length.
(c) The shape.
(d) The material.
8. What does Beulah tell Elvie to fetch for Brother Bethune at the beginning of Part 3?
(b) The family tree.
(c) A pitcher.
(d) The Bible.
9. What does Granny call for in order to show proof that Sam Dale could be Gloria's father?
(a) A family tree.
(b) A cookbook.
(c) Her Bible.
(d) The family album.
10. What does Beulah call for that causes the entire reunion to gather in a circle?
(a) Story time.
(b) A fight.
(c) The joining of hands.
11. What is the name of the train that delivered Coca-Cola to Curly's store?
(a) The Jackson Sun.
(b) The Nashua.
(c) The Nashville Rocket.
(d) The Great Bam.
12. Who takes possession of the book that Willy Trimble produces in Part 4?
(b) Homer Champion.
(c) Ralph Renfro.
(d) Judge Moody.
13. What was the length of the regular school year that Julia Mortimer wished to lengthen?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 7 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 6 months.
14. According to Judge Moody's letter from Julia Mortimer, what does she say she lost every battle to?
(a) The children she taught.
15. Where does Julia Mortimer state that she wants to be buried?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) A field.
(c) The doorstep of the school.
(d) Her backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
2. What does Granny begin to do when Uncle Curtis lifts her onto the table at the end of Part 4?
3. Who supposes that Judge Moody is kin to Julia Mortimer and is affronted that he would disparage her?
4. Which of the following presents does Granny not receive for her birthday?
5. Who besides the Moody's does Vaughn return with in the wagon in Part 3?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)