|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
2. What reason does Granny say Jack is like the dead person she tries to wake in Part 3?
(a) Because the girls were sweet on him.
(b) They have the same eyes.
(c) They both had heart.
(d) They have the same hair.
3. What kind of book does Vaughn keep that he traded Curly for?
4. Who does Granny Vaughn say she has just been to wake, but has in fact been dead a number of years, in Part 3?
(a) Sam Dale.
(b) Curtis Beecham.
(c) Curly Stovall.
(d) Oscar Moody.
5. According to Julia Mortimer's will, who must attend her funeral?
(a) Her children.
(b) No one.
(c) All of her former students.
(d) Gloria and Jack.
6. Who eventually walks over and helps Gloria up after she is attacked and force-fed?
7. What does Judge Moody reveal that Julia Mortimer coached him in when he was younger?
8. Where does Judge Moody suggest Jack and Gloria move to because cousins are allowed to be married there?
(d) North Carolina.
9. What fruit does Mr. Renfro say Sam Dale and a woman played against in a picking race?
10. What does Jack tell his family that Curly convinced him to do in exchange for his truck's engine?
(a) Break up with Gloria.
(b) Feed Gloria berries.
(c) Marry Gloria.
(d) Take Gloria fishing.
11. What does Jack reveal to his family that he rode out of jail on in Part 3?
(a) A mule.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A car.
(d) A horse.
12. Which of the following things does Brother Bethune not bemoan regarding Mississippi during his sermon at the reunion?
(a) Their poverty.
(b) The poor crop.
(c) The drought.
(d) Their fortune.
13. Who does Granny tell the family is the person who could be Gloria's mother?
(a) Beck Beecham.
(b) Maud Eva Moody.
(c) Rachel Sojourner.
(d) Fay Champion.
14. What is Jack's middle name?
15. During what event did Julia Mortimer insist on keeping school in session until the roof was blown off?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A flood.
(d) A cyclone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family, led by Beulah, do at the end of Part 3?
2. What creeps upon the reunion without them even noticing at the beginning of Part 5?
3. How does Uncle Nathan say he killed Mr. Dearman?
4. Which of the following things did Julia Mortimer not sell in order to keep the school open?
5. What is the name of the person who secured work with the Coca-Cola company according to Jack?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)