|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following things does Brother Bethune not bemoan regarding Mississippi during his sermon at the reunion?
(a) Their poverty.
(b) The poor crop.
(c) Their fortune.
(d) The drought.
2. What does Lexie continue to recount while mending Gloria's dress in Part 4?
(a) Her bad luck.
(b) Gloria's birth.
(c) Julia Mortimer's final years.
(d) Jack's imprisonment.
3. What is the name of the song that Nathan plays on his cornet that makes Granny fall asleep?
(a) The Lord is Good.
(b) Let the Lower Lights Be Burning.
(c) This Little Light of Mine.
(d) Blessed be You.
4. What does Jack carry at the beginning of Part 4 that is stuffed with food for Aycock?
(a) A bag.
(b) A syrup bucket.
(c) A basket.
(d) A barrell.
5. Who does Granny tell the family is the person who could be Gloria's mother?
(a) Beck Beecham.
(b) Fay Champion.
(c) Maud Eva Moody.
(d) Rachel Sojourner.
6. What is Jack's middle name?
7. What happens to a black sawmill worker that is accused of killing Mr. Dearman?
(a) He is hanged.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He is put in jail.
(d) He is shot.
8. How long does Judge Moody admit he had Julia Mortimer's letter before receiving a second one?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) 2 weeks.
9. What does Beulah call for that causes the entire reunion to gather in a circle?
(a) A fight.
(b) Story time.
(c) The joining of hands.
10. What is the name of the person at the reunion who knew of Julia Mortimer's dying wish because he was on the board of supervisors?
11. What is the Judge incredulous about regarding the family's treatment of him when he first arrives at the reunion?
(a) Why he needs to be forgiven.
(b) Why he has been invited to the reunion.
(c) Why everyone likes him.
(d) Why no one likes him.
12. Who does Beulah send to retrieve an old family photo in Part 5?
13. What is Judge Moody given to sit on during the reunion?
(a) A school chair.
(b) A stool.
(c) The floor.
(d) A barrell.
14. What was the length of the regular school year that Julia Mortimer wished to lengthen?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 7 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 5 months.
15. Who decides to pitch a tent in the yard rather than go home after the reunion?
(c) Uncle Nathan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleo ask Nathan is real about him in Part 3?
2. Who arrives at the reunion in Part 5 and is unhappy to see the Moody's are present?
3. What is the name of the person who once courted Julia Mortimer that Mr. Renfro lost the store to?
4. What does Jack reveal to his family that he rode out of jail on in Part 3?
5. What are the contents of the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)