|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following things does Brother Bethune not bemoan regarding Mississippi during his sermon at the reunion?
(a) Their poverty.
(b) Their fortune.
(c) The poor crop.
(d) The drought.
2. What does Granny call for in order to show proof that Sam Dale could be Gloria's father?
(a) A cookbook.
(b) Her Bible.
(c) The family album.
(d) A family tree.
3. What was the length of the regular school year that Julia Mortimer wished to lengthen?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 7 months.
(d) 4 months.
4. How many candles are placed on Granny Vaughn's cake?
5. What color is the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
6. What is Beulah sent to fetch that results in Sam Dale being struck by coal when he is a baby?
(a) Slippery elm.
7. What does the family, led by Beulah, do at the end of Part 3?
(d) Recite poetry.
8. Where does Julia Mortimer state that she wants to be buried?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) Her backyard.
(c) A field.
(d) The doorstep of the school.
9. What happens to a black sawmill worker that is accused of killing Mr. Dearman?
(a) He is put in jail.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is hanged.
(d) He runs away.
10. What is heard the night after the reunion after it begins to rain?
(b) A crack like thunder.
(d) A yell.
11. What is Jack's middle name?
12. What is Judge Moody given to sit on during the reunion?
(a) A school chair.
(b) A stool.
(c) The floor.
(d) A barrell.
13. Which of the following matters has Judge Moody not handled for Julia Mortimer?
(a) Matters of inheritance.
(b) Her will.
(c) Her taxes.
(d) Helped her sell her house.
14. Who eventually walks over and helps Gloria up after she is attacked and force-fed?
15. What does Granny begin to do when Uncle Curtis lifts her onto the table at the end of Part 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Granny say Jack is like the dead person she tries to wake in Part 3?
2. What does Cleo ask Nathan is real about him in Part 3?
3. According to Julia Mortimer's will, who must attend her funeral?
4. Who arrives at the reunion in Part 5 and is unhappy to see the Moody's are present?
5. What does Julia Mortimer tell Gloria her baby would be if she had it with Jack?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)