|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack respond when Gloria mentions that they may be cousins?
(a) He is distraught.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is pleased.
2. Who does Beulah send to retrieve an old family photo in Part 5?
3. Who decides to pitch a tent in the yard rather than go home after the reunion?
(c) Uncle Nathan.
4. What, at the conclusion of Julia Mortimer's letter, does Judge Moody say is what lead him to travel to see her?
(a) To a child.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) A fortune.
(d) A pet.
5. How many reasons does Gloria ask from Julia Mortimer for why she shouldn't marry Jack?
6. In what month does Julia Mortimer wish to start school?
7. What present does Willy Trimble say he had brought to Julia Mortimer when he first arrives at the reunion?
(a) A coffin.
(b) A ring.
(d) A safe.
8. Who comes over to Gloria and trims her dress after she is attached and force-fed?
9. What reason does Lexie say prevented her from being a teacher in Part 4?
(a) She was stupid.
(b) She was too quiet.
(c) She couldn't control the children.
(d) The children didn't like her.
10. What is the name of the person at the reunion who knew of Julia Mortimer's dying wish because he was on the board of supervisors?
11. Which of the following things does Brother Bethune not bemoan regarding Mississippi during his sermon at the reunion?
(a) Their fortune.
(b) The drought.
(c) The poor crop.
(d) Their poverty.
12. What is Jack's middle name?
13. What is the name of the person who secured work with the Coca-Cola company according to Jack?
(a) Ears Broadwee.
(b) Aycock Comfort.
(c) Homer Champion.
(d) Jack Renfro.
14. Who is the person that had been caring for Julia Mortimer for the past few years?
15. According to Julia Mortimer's will, who must attend her funeral?
(a) All of her former students.
(b) Gloria and Jack.
(c) No one.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many candles are placed on Granny Vaughn's cake?
2. What happens to a black sawmill worker that is accused of killing Mr. Dearman?
3. What is the name of the song that Nathan plays on his cornet that makes Granny fall asleep?
4. What does Jack carry at the beginning of Part 4 that is stuffed with food for Aycock?
5. Who walks over to the Moody's with a heaped-up platter of food when they first arrive at the reunion?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)