|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack reveal to his family that he rode out of jail on in Part 3?
(a) A car.
(b) A horse.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A mule.
2. What is the name of the song that Nathan plays on his cornet that makes Granny fall asleep?
(a) This Little Light of Mine.
(b) Blessed be You.
(c) Let the Lower Lights Be Burning.
(d) The Lord is Good.
3. How does Uncle Nathan say he killed Mr. Dearman?
(a) With a rope.
(b) With a gun.
(c) With a knife.
(d) With a stone to the head.
4. What creeps upon the reunion without them even noticing at the beginning of Part 5?
(a) Curly Stovall.
(b) A dog.
(c) A moose.
5. Who takes possession of the book that Willy Trimble produces in Part 4?
(b) Judge Moody.
(c) Ralph Renfro.
(d) Homer Champion.
6. Who does Beulah send to retrieve an old family photo in Part 5?
7. What does Jack tell his family that Curly convinced him to do in exchange for his truck's engine?
(a) Take Gloria fishing.
(b) Feed Gloria berries.
(c) Marry Gloria.
(d) Break up with Gloria.
8. What does Granny call for in order to show proof that Sam Dale could be Gloria's father?
(a) A cookbook.
(b) Her Bible.
(c) A family tree.
(d) The family album.
9. In what month does Julia Mortimer wish to start school?
10. Where does Judge Moody suggest Jack and Gloria move to because cousins are allowed to be married there?
(a) North Carolina.
11. Who at the reunion says she knew about Julia Mortimer's dying wish after hearing the news from her husband?
12. During what event did Julia Mortimer insist on keeping school in session until the roof was blown off?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A cyclone.
(d) A flood.
13. What are the contents of the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
(a) Julia Mortimer's will.
(b) Jack's will.
(c) A map.
(d) A love letter.
14. Who does Granny Vaughn say she has just been to wake, but has in fact been dead a number of years, in Part 3?
(a) Oscar Moody.
(b) Curtis Beecham.
(c) Curly Stovall.
(d) Sam Dale.
15. How many candles are placed on Granny Vaughn's cake?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following matters has Judge Moody not handled for Julia Mortimer?
2. What does the family, led by Beulah, do at the end of Part 3?
3. What is heard the night after the reunion after it begins to rain?
4. What rises up in the ceiling and then drops in short, jerky movements in Part 5?
5. What is the Judge incredulous about regarding the family's treatment of him when he first arrives at the reunion?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)