|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many candles are placed on Granny Vaughn's cake?
2. What fruit does Mr. Renfro say Sam Dale and a woman played against in a picking race?
3. Who is the person that had been caring for Julia Mortimer for the past few years?
4. Which of the following presents does Granny not receive for her birthday?
(a) A bottle of peppers.
(b) A hat.
(c) A can of talcum powder.
(d) A teacup and saucer.
5. What does Jack tell his family that Curly convinced him to do in exchange for his truck's engine?
(a) Marry Gloria.
(b) Break up with Gloria.
(c) Feed Gloria berries.
(d) Take Gloria fishing.
6. What does the family, led by Beulah, do at the end of Part 3?
(c) Recite poetry.
7. During what event did Julia Mortimer insist on keeping school in session until the roof was blown off?
(a) A cyclone.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A flood.
(d) A hurricane.
8. What, at the conclusion of Julia Mortimer's letter, does Judge Moody say is what lead him to travel to see her?
(a) To a child.
(b) A pet.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) A fortune.
9. Where does Judge Moody pull an envelope from and begin to read it in Part 4?
(a) His breast pocket.
(b) His back pocket.
(c) His coat pocket.
(d) His briefcase.
10. How does Jack respond when Gloria mentions that they may be cousins?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is pleased.
(d) He is distraught.
11. What type of tree had Julia Mortimer sent to most of the town but that they didn't bother planting?
12. What is Beulah sent to fetch that results in Sam Dale being struck by coal when he is a baby?
(c) Slippery elm.
13. What is the name of the person who once courted Julia Mortimer that Mr. Renfro lost the store to?
(a) Dolphus Beecham.
(b) Mr. Dearman.
(c) Percy Beecham.
(d) Curly Stovall.
14. Who does Granny tell the family is the person who could be Gloria's mother?
(a) Beck Beecham.
(b) Fay Champion.
(c) Maud Eva Moody.
(d) Rachel Sojourner.
15. How does Uncle Nathan say he killed Mr. Dearman?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With a knife.
(c) With a stone to the head.
(d) With a rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack's middle name?
2. What are the names of the two people who died when their buggy plunged through a hold in the bridge according to Beulah in Part 3?
3. Who supposes that Judge Moody is kin to Julia Mortimer and is affronted that he would disparage her?
4. According to Julia Mortimer's will, who must attend her funeral?
5. What is the Judge incredulous about regarding the family's treatment of him when he first arrives at the reunion?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)