|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following things did Julia Mortimer not sell in order to keep the school open?
(b) Fruit bushes.
2. How many candles are placed on Granny Vaughn's cake?
3. Who walks over to the Moody's with a heaped-up platter of food when they first arrive at the reunion?
4. What is the Judge incredulous about regarding the family's treatment of him when he first arrives at the reunion?
(a) Why no one likes him.
(b) Why he has been invited to the reunion.
(c) Why he needs to be forgiven.
(d) Why everyone likes him.
5. What happens to a black sawmill worker that is accused of killing Mr. Dearman?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is hanged.
(c) He is put in jail.
(d) He runs away.
6. Who besides the Moody's does Vaughn return with in the wagon in Part 3?
7. What is Judge Moody given to sit on during the reunion?
(a) The floor.
(b) A school chair.
(c) A barrell.
(d) A stool.
8. What is Beulah sent to fetch that results in Sam Dale being struck by coal when he is a baby?
(b) Slippery elm.
9. What is the only thing inside the second letter Julia Mortimer sent to Judge Moody?
(a) A map to Alliance.
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) A prayer.
10. Who arrives at the reunion in Part 5 and is unhappy to see the Moody's are present?
(a) Curtis Beecham.
(b) Homer Champion.
(c) Curly Stovall.
(d) Nathan Beecham.
11. Who decides to pitch a tent in the yard rather than go home after the reunion?
(c) Uncle Nathan.
12. According to Judge Moody's letter from Julia Mortimer, what does she say she lost every battle to?
(b) The children she taught.
13. What is the name of the song that Nathan plays on his cornet that makes Granny fall asleep?
(a) Blessed be You.
(b) Let the Lower Lights Be Burning.
(c) The Lord is Good.
(d) This Little Light of Mine.
14. What does Granny begin to do when Uncle Curtis lifts her onto the table at the end of Part 4?
15. What does Julia Mortimer tell Gloria her baby would be if she had it with Jack?
(a) Deaf and dumb.
(d) Brown haired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of book does Vaughn keep that he traded Curly for?
2. What does Jack carry at the beginning of Part 4 that is stuffed with food for Aycock?
3. On whose spare tire does Jack say he rode on after escaping jail?
4. What does Beulah tell Elvie to fetch for Brother Bethune at the beginning of Part 3?
5. What does Jack reveal to his family that he rode out of jail on in Part 3?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)