|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family, led by Beulah, do at the end of Part 3?
(a) Recite poetry.
2. Who walks over to the Moody's with a heaped-up platter of food when they first arrive at the reunion?
3. What type of tree had Julia Mortimer sent to most of the town but that they didn't bother planting?
4. What does Lexie continue to recount while mending Gloria's dress in Part 4?
(a) Jack's imprisonment.
(b) Julia Mortimer's final years.
(c) Her bad luck.
(d) Gloria's birth.
5. How many reasons does Gloria ask from Julia Mortimer for why she shouldn't marry Jack?
6. What do the women at the reunion try and force feed to Gloria after she says she doesn't want to be a Beecham?
7. What, at the conclusion of Julia Mortimer's letter, does Judge Moody say is what lead him to travel to see her?
(a) A fortune.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) To a child.
(d) A pet.
8. What is the only thing inside the second letter Julia Mortimer sent to Judge Moody?
(a) A map to Alliance.
(b) A lock of hair.
(d) A prayer.
9. How does Uncle Nathan say he killed Mr. Dearman?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With a knife.
(c) With a stone to the head.
(d) With a rope.
10. What is the name of the train that delivered Coca-Cola to Curly's store?
(a) The Jackson Sun.
(b) The Nashville Rocket.
(c) The Nashua.
(d) The Great Bam.
11. Where does Julia Mortimer state that she wants to be buried?
(a) Her backyard.
(b) The doorstep of the school.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) A field.
12. What is heard the night after the reunion after it begins to rain?
(b) A crack like thunder.
(d) A yell.
13. What is the name of the song that Nathan plays on his cornet that makes Granny fall asleep?
(a) Let the Lower Lights Be Burning.
(b) The Lord is Good.
(c) Blessed be You.
(d) This Little Light of Mine.
14. What does Jack tell his family that Curly convinced him to do in exchange for his truck's engine?
(a) Marry Gloria.
(b) Take Gloria fishing.
(c) Feed Gloria berries.
(d) Break up with Gloria.
15. Who arrives at the reunion in Part 5 and is unhappy to see the Moody's are present?
(a) Homer Champion.
(b) Curly Stovall.
(c) Nathan Beecham.
(d) Curtis Beecham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia Mortimer tell Gloria her baby would be if she had it with Jack?
2. On whose spare tire does Jack say he rode on after escaping jail?
3. What does Judge Moody reveal that Julia Mortimer coached him in when he was younger?
4. Who supposes that Judge Moody is kin to Julia Mortimer and is affronted that he would disparage her?
5. Who is the person that had been caring for Julia Mortimer for the past few years?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)