|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granny begin to do when Uncle Curtis lifts her onto the table at the end of Part 4?
2. What kind of book does Vaughn keep that he traded Curly for?
3. Which of the following matters has Judge Moody not handled for Julia Mortimer?
(a) Matters of inheritance.
(b) Her taxes.
(c) Her will.
(d) Helped her sell her house.
4. How many candles are placed on Granny Vaughn's cake?
5. In what month does Julia Mortimer wish to start school?
6. What color is the flower that looks like a star inside a star that blooms on the porch?
7. What was the length of the regular school year that Julia Mortimer wished to lengthen?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 7 months.
(d) 5 months.
8. What do all the women at the reunion fuss over in regards to the rip in Gloria's dress?
(a) The material.
(b) The length.
(c) The shape.
(d) The color.
9. Who does Granny Vaughn say she has just been to wake, but has in fact been dead a number of years, in Part 3?
(a) Curtis Beecham.
(b) Oscar Moody.
(c) Sam Dale.
(d) Curly Stovall.
10. Who besides the Moody's does Vaughn return with in the wagon in Part 3?
11. What reason does Granny say Jack is like the dead person she tries to wake in Part 3?
(a) Because the girls were sweet on him.
(b) They have the same hair.
(c) They have the same eyes.
(d) They both had heart.
12. What happens to a black sawmill worker that is accused of killing Mr. Dearman?
(a) He is hanged.
(b) He is put in jail.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is shot.
13. Who takes possession of the book that Willy Trimble produces in Part 4?
(b) Ralph Renfro.
(c) Judge Moody.
(d) Homer Champion.
14. What does Beulah tell Elvie to fetch for Brother Bethune at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A pitcher.
(c) The family tree.
15. Where does Judge Moody pull an envelope from and begin to read it in Part 4?
(a) His back pocket.
(b) His briefcase.
(c) His breast pocket.
(d) His coat pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Granny tell the family is the person who could be Gloria's mother?
2. What does Lexie continue to recount while mending Gloria's dress in Part 4?
3. What does Cleo ask Nathan is real about him in Part 3?
4. What color is the small book Willy Trimble produces that he had taken from Julia Mortimer's house in Part 4?
5. What creeps upon the reunion without them even noticing at the beginning of Part 5?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)