|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia Mortimer tell Gloria that she would be doing if she married Jack?
(a) Breaking her heart.
(b) Making her happy.
(c) Being very un-teacherlike.
(d) Disappointing her.
2. What is the name of the person at the reunion who knew of Julia Mortimer's dying wish because he was on the board of supervisors?
3. What is Jack's middle name?
4. What is the name of the person who once courted Julia Mortimer that Mr. Renfro lost the store to?
(a) Mr. Dearman.
(b) Percy Beecham.
(c) Dolphus Beecham.
(d) Curly Stovall.
5. What is the Judge incredulous about regarding the family's treatment of him when he first arrives at the reunion?
(a) Why he has been invited to the reunion.
(b) Why he needs to be forgiven.
(c) Why everyone likes him.
(d) Why no one likes him.
6. How long does Judge Moody admit he had Julia Mortimer's letter before receiving a second one?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) A year.
7. Who is the person that had been caring for Julia Mortimer for the past few years?
8. Who besides the Moody's does Vaughn return with in the wagon in Part 3?
9. Who does Granny tell the family is the person who could be Gloria's mother?
(a) Beck Beecham.
(b) Fay Champion.
(c) Rachel Sojourner.
(d) Maud Eva Moody.
10. What do the women at the reunion try and force feed to Gloria after she says she doesn't want to be a Beecham?
11. How does Uncle Nathan say he killed Mr. Dearman?
(a) With a rope.
(b) With a gun.
(c) With a stone to the head.
(d) With a knife.
12. Where does Judge Moody pull an envelope from and begin to read it in Part 4?
(a) His breast pocket.
(b) His coat pocket.
(c) His briefcase.
(d) His back pocket.
13. What color is the flower that looks like a star inside a star that blooms on the porch?
14. What is the only thing inside the second letter Julia Mortimer sent to Judge Moody?
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) A map to Alliance.
(d) A prayer.
15. What reason does Lexie say prevented her from being a teacher in Part 4?
(a) She couldn't control the children.
(b) The children didn't like her.
(c) She was too quiet.
(d) She was stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beulah send to retrieve an old family photo in Part 5?
2. Who takes possession of the book that Willy Trimble produces in Part 4?
3. During what event did Julia Mortimer insist on keeping school in session until the roof was blown off?
4. According to Julia Mortimer's will, who must attend her funeral?
5. Who supposes that Judge Moody is kin to Julia Mortimer and is affronted that he would disparage her?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)