|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person that had been caring for Julia Mortimer for the past few years?
2. How many candles are placed on Granny Vaughn's cake?
3. What creeps upon the reunion without them even noticing at the beginning of Part 5?
(a) A dog.
(c) A moose.
(d) Curly Stovall.
4. What type of tree had Julia Mortimer sent to most of the town but that they didn't bother planting?
5. What, at the conclusion of Julia Mortimer's letter, does Judge Moody say is what lead him to travel to see her?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) A fortune.
(c) A pet.
(d) To a child.
6. What happens to a black sawmill worker that is accused of killing Mr. Dearman?
(a) He is put in jail.
(b) He is hanged.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is shot.
7. What does Julia Mortimer tell Gloria her baby would be if she had it with Jack?
(b) Brown haired.
(d) Deaf and dumb.
8. What do the women at the reunion try and force feed to Gloria after she says she doesn't want to be a Beecham?
9. Who does Beulah send to retrieve an old family photo in Part 5?
10. Which of the following things did Julia Mortimer not sell in order to keep the school open?
(a) Fruit bushes.
11. Where does Julia Mortimer state that she wants to be buried?
(a) A field.
(b) Her backyard.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The doorstep of the school.
12. What is Beulah sent to fetch that results in Sam Dale being struck by coal when he is a baby?
(b) Slippery elm.
13. What is Jack's middle name?
14. According to Julia Mortimer's will, who must attend her funeral?
(a) All of her former students.
(b) No one.
(c) Gloria and Jack.
(d) Her children.
15. How does Uncle Nathan say he killed Mr. Dearman?
(a) With a rope.
(b) With a gun.
(c) With a knife.
(d) With a stone to the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things does Brother Bethune not bemoan regarding Mississippi during his sermon at the reunion?
2. Who walks over to the Moody's with a heaped-up platter of food when they first arrive at the reunion?
3. Where does Judge Moody pull an envelope from and begin to read it in Part 4?
4. In what month does Julia Mortimer wish to start school?
5. What does Julia Mortimer tell Gloria that she would be doing if she married Jack?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)