|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only place that is opened, but has no phone, on the day of Judge Moody's wreck?
(a) The icehouse.
(b) The goods store.
(c) The post office.
(d) The airport.
2. Which of the following does the family not do when Jack arrives at the reunion for the first time?
(a) Yell at him.
(b) Shakes hands.
(c) Hugs him,
(d) Kisses him.
3. In what season are Jack and Gloria married?
4. Where do Jack and Gloria sit together after he chases her around Banner Top?
(a) The riverwalk.
(b) The river bank.
(c) In a tree.
(d) The jumping-off place.
5. What does Curly tell Jack that Mr. Renfro gave him Jack's truck to pay for?
(b) A new front door.
(c) A bus.
(d) The new roof.
6. Where does Curly say he is going when he finally leaves the scene of the wreck?
(b) A fish fry.
(c) A reunion.
(d) A party.
7. What is the name of Jack's daughter with Gloria?
(b) Ella Fay.
(c) Lady May.
8. What does Jack say he will ride instead after finding out his truck was taken, but is told is also gone?
(a) His horse.
(b) A bus.
(c) His car.
(d) His dog.
9. What does Gloria and Lady May drink from after Jack draws them water?
(a) A pitcher.
(b) A straw.
(c) Jack's hand.
(d) A jelly glass.
10. What does Willy Trimble arrive in when he enters the scene in Part 2?
(a) A mule-driven wagon.
(b) A Chevrolet car.
(c) A bus.
(d) A Ford truck.
11. What kind of bird does Jack insist is really nesting in the piece of evidence brought by Curly to court?
(a) A purple martin.
(b) An owl.
(c) A robin.
(d) A bluejay.
12. What does Jack draw water from for Gloria and Lady May in Part 2?
(a) A faucet.
(b) A lake.
(c) A pitcher.
(d) A well.
13. What is painted on the sign that Gloria bumps her head on?
(a) Destruction is at Hand.
(c) No Parking.
(d) Enter at your own risk.
14. Who arrives in a school bus after Judge Moody's car wreck?
15. What does everyone at the reunion rely on Uncle Homer and Auntie Fay to bring to the reunion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of the people who pass by Judge Moody's car wreck mocking and laughing?
2. What does Judge Moody tell Jack is the only detail he remembers of his trial?
3. What is Lady May wrapped in when Gloria breast feeds her in Part 2?
4. What position does Curly hold in the town at the time of Jack's trial?
5. What, apart from the coffin, does Curly bring into the court as evidence against Jack?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)