|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Curly tell Jack that Mr. Renfro gave him Jack's truck to pay for?
(a) A bus.
(b) A new front door.
(d) The new roof.
2. What is Uncle Noah Webster's wife's name?
3. What does Mrs. Moody spot in Willy Trimble's wagon that makes her refuse to ride with him?
(b) A coffin.
(c) Other people.
(d) A safe.
4. Who arrives at the wreck scene and is told by Jack to take the Moody's to the reunion?
5. What is the name of the area that Jack goes toward after crossing a field at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) Banner Top.
(b) Peacock Hill.
(c) Rocky Top.
(d) Banner Hill.
6. What is the name of the horse that the person arrives on after Judge Moody's car wreck?
7. What does Jack tell the judge that Curly is after admitting to the charges placed against him?
(b) A bother.
(c) A nuisance.
8. What does Gloria bring to Jack that she procured in exchange for a barrel of walnuts?
(a) A new shirt.
(b) A ham.
(c) A new pair of pants.
(d) New glasses.
9. What is Brother Bethune reminded of when he takes a drink of water?
(a) His day's purpose.
(b) His name.
(c) His age.
(d) The name of his son.
10. What is the name of the schoolteacher in the town as told in Part 1?
(a) Ella Fay.
11. Who do Jack and Gloria first run into during their journey in Part 2?
(a) Oscar Moody.
(b) Curtis Beecham.
(d) Brother Bethune.
12. In what season are Jack and Gloria married?
13. What brand of car does Uncle Curtis drive as he arrives at the reunion?
14. Who does the family tell Jack took his truck away after he was imprisoned?
15. What does Gloria and Lady May drink from after Jack draws them water?
(a) A pitcher.
(b) Jack's hand.
(c) A straw.
(d) A jelly glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the members on the short bus say has died?
2. What does Jack say he will ride instead after finding out his truck was taken, but is told is also gone?
3. What is the name of Jack's friend who finds Curly stuffed in a contraption closed with clothesline?
4. What does Mr. Renfro suggest they use to free Judge Moody's car in Part 2?
5. Which of the following does the family not do when Jack arrives at the reunion for the first time?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)