|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town where Jack is sent to jail and escapes?
2. What does Jack say he will ride instead after finding out his truck was taken, but is told is also gone?
(a) A bus.
(b) His horse.
(c) His car.
(d) His dog.
3. What do many of the family members first comment on regarding the Renfro's home as they arrive at the reunion?
(a) The new roof.
(b) Their new car.
(c) The food.
(d) The drinks.
4. Who arrives at the wreck scene and is told by Jack to take the Moody's to the reunion?
5. What is Uncle Noah Webster's wife's name?
6. How many generations of family members attend the reunion?
7. What is painted on the sign that Gloria bumps her head on?
(b) Enter at your own risk.
(c) Destruction is at Hand.
(d) No Parking.
8. Who sneaks up on Jack and his bunch when they scramble up a tree at Banner Top?
9. On what day does Uncle Homer say voting would take place for his election against Curly?
10. What does Jack tell the judge that Curly is after admitting to the charges placed against him?
(a) A nuisance.
(b) A bother.
11. What is the name of the judge that presided over Jack's case in court against Curly?
(a) Homer Champion.
(b) Ralph Renfro.
(c) Oscar Moody.
(d) Willy Trimble.
12. What reason does Gloria give the member on the short bus for not going with them?
(a) She doesn't trust Jack alone.
(b) She doesn't like where they're going.
(c) She doesn't want to leave her baby.
(d) She is scared of buses.
13. What is the name of the area that Jack goes toward after crossing a field at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) Rocky Top.
(b) Banner Hill.
(c) Peacock Hill.
(d) Banner Top.
14. What is Curly placed in that is tied shut with clothesline in Part 1?
(a) A coffin.
(b) A safe.
(c) A refridgerator.
(d) A room.
15. What is the name of the person who arrives with Curly to arrest Jack for the first time?
(a) Ralph Renfro.
(b) Willy Trimble.
(c) Homer Champion.
(d) Percy Beecham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things is not mentioned as being inside Uncle Curtis' car when he arrives at the reunion?
2. In what month does the book take place?
3. Who do Jack and Gloria first run into during their journey in Part 2?
4. Who is the person who was an orphan at the Ludlow Presbyterian Orphan Asylum?
5. What does Jack draw water from for Gloria and Lady May in Part 2?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)