Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Part 1 (through page 50)
1. What is the nature of the Renfro family's discussion at the breakfast table at the beginning of the book?
2. How are Uncle Curtis Beecham and his family described when they arrive at the family reunion?
3. What is the nature of the errand Miss Beulah sends Vaughn on at the cemetery in Part 1?
4. Describe what happens when Ella Faye went into Curly Stovall's store for a wine ball?
5. How did Jack retaliate against Curly after he makes Ella Faye cry?
This section contains 1,012 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)