|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Granny Weatherwax not had any sleep?
2. What does Magrat notice about all the queens in the paintings?
3. What is included in the price of the wizard's coach?
4. How does Granny Weatherwax ultimately win the duel?
5. What is Diamanda's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Magrat find out about the duel?
2. What does Ridcully focus on as he recounts his time in Lancre?
3. What does Jason tell Nanny about Diamanda?
4. What happens when Magrat goes to see Verence?
5. Why does Magrat renounce her witchery?
6. What motivates Granny to attend to her will?
7. Why does Diamanda enter the circle?
8. Who else manages to come through the circle?
9. Why does Granny confront Diamanda?
10. Why does Granny ruin Nanny's hat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character and examine their lives at the start of the book. Compare this to how they have changed by the end of the story. What motivates these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the narrative's setting. What is the impact of it being set in a magical world? Why does the author choose a magical realm as a setting? What might have been different in the book if it had been written in the past, future, or a realistic setting?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Magrat so concerned with changing her life? What message is Pratchett trying to convey with Magrat's character? Is Magrat successful in changing her life? How does the past affect her relationships with the others?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)