|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Diamanda's real name?
2. Why does the dwarf not accept Ridcully's payment?
3. How do witches and humans differ in the way they treat memory?
4. Why was it sensible for Granny Weatherwax to rescue Diamanda?
5. How do the wizards know that the highwayman is a dwarf?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jason tell Nanny about Diamanda?
2. Who else manages to come through the circle?
3. Why does Magrat renounce her witchery?
4. How does Magrat find out about the duel?
5. What happens when Diamanda reaches the elf queen?
6. What does Granny suspect about Diamanda?
7. What news is presented to the elf queen?
8. Why does Granny confront Diamanda?
9. What does Magrat learn about the ascension of a bee into queendom from Mr. Brooks?
10. What is Magrat unsure about as she returns to Lancre?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of the the elves? How does Pratchett characterize them? Why are they characterized? What are their motives? Do they differ from the other characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character and examine their lives at the start of the book. Compare this to how they have changed by the end of the story. What motivates these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Magrat so concerned with changing her life? What message is Pratchett trying to convey with Magrat's character? Is Magrat successful in changing her life? How does the past affect her relationships with the others?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)