|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes if it is called?
2. What happens when the wizard's coach is eventually robbed?
3. What can a human outrun over short distances?
4. Why is Shawn deliberately slowing Magrat down?
5. How does the woman know about the girl's meeting with the trolls?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nanny influence the outcome of the duel?
2. Why does Granny ruin Nanny's hat?
3. Why is the girl in the flashback skeptical about the woman in the stones?
4. What prevents the elves carrying out the execution?
5. Who discovers the fate of William Scrope?
6. What happens when Diamanda reaches the elf queen?
7. Who else manages to come through the circle?
8. How does Nanny know that Granny is not dead?
9. What does Ridcully focus on as he recounts his time in Lancre?
10. How do the wizards meet Casanunda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the talents of Granny Weatherwax and Nanny Ogg differ? How is this difference used to develop the book's themes and the evolution of each character?
Essay Topic 2
If the book were made into a film, how would Pratchett's style of narrative be reflected in film? Would the book make a good film?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of the the elves? How does Pratchett characterize them? Why are they characterized? What are their motives? Do they differ from the other characters in the book?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)