|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so scary about the metallic clanging sound?
(a) It means that a villager will be sacrificed to the gods.
(b) It signals the coming of a great storm.
(c) It signals the coming of the elves.
(d) It means that Nanny Ogg is about to bathe and sing.
2. Why does Ridcully not like horses?
(a) They have a weak grip on sanity.
(b) They never let him ride them.
(c) He cannot stand their smell.
(d) He was attacked by one as a child.
3. What does the elf queen love about humans?
(a) Human fashion.
(b) They are cowardly.
(c) They think like songs.
(d) Human cooking.
4. Why do elves use arrows?
(a) They are lighter to carry than a sword.
(b) To control people.
(c) The can pierce chain-mail.
(d) The can be used over greater distances.
5. Where do the people of Lancre run in times of trouble?
(a) The Dancers.
(b) The gorge.
(c) The bridge.
(d) The castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do elves never feel?
2. Why won't the elves attack the Morris Men during the Stick and Bucket dance?
3. Why does the Elf King hate the Queen of Elves?
4. Which profession would make the best queen?
5. How did Queen Amonia disappear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Nanny, Granny and Magrat all fail to see the Morris Men perform?
2. Why is Magrat again locked into her room?
3. Where do Granny and Casanunda end up?
4. What does Diamanda do when she awakens?
5. Why does Magrat head to the Dancers instead of the mountains?
6. Why do Nanny and Casanunda go to the ancient burial ground known as the Long Man?
7. What has Diamanda done?
8. What disrupts her moment of sentimentality?
9. What brings tears to Magrat's eyes in Verence's room?
10. Where do the Morris Men go in search of peace and privacy?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)