|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do real witches wear black?
(a) It is romantic.
(b) To seduce common men.
(c) It is respectable.
(d) To conceal themselves better at night.
2. What cannot go through the Dancers?
3. What does the archchancellor forget about his true love?
(a) Her name.
(b) The reason she gave for turning him down.
(c) How fast she could run.
(d) The color of her hair.
4. What is Jason Ogg's special skill?
(a) He can squeeze the night from air.
(b) He can make sheep jump fences.
(c) He scares dogs back into their kennels.
(d) He can shoe anything.
5. Why was life more interesting with the elves around?
(a) They have a great sense of humor.
(b) They are friendly and sociable.
(c) The elves have a great sense of style.
(d) You don't live as long.
6. When do most wizards wake up?
(b) At the first sign of sunlight.
(c) Lunch time.
(d) Dinner time.
7. What happens when the wizard's coach is eventually robbed?
(a) The coachman is turned into a pumpkin.
(b) Ridcully robs the robbers.
(c) The chieftain takes control of the coach.
(d) The Librarian is frightened and disappears into the forest.
8. How do the wizards know that the highwayman is a dwarf?
(a) The helmet he wears.
(b) His boots are made of iron.
(c) His height.
(d) He carries a stepladder.
9. What almost made Ridcully drop wizardry?
(a) A girl.
(b) A learning impediment.
(c) Arthritis in his wand arm.
(d) A love of farming.
10. What does the unicorn not like?
11. What appears inside the circle?
(a) A couple of grasshoppers.
(b) A swarm of bees.
(c) A woman in a red dress.
(d) A girl named Esmerelda.
12. Where does this story start?
(a) At the Equal Rites.
(b) When Granny Weatherwax first appears.
(c) When the universe was created out of ribs.
(d) On Discworld.
13. How has Verence II changed the old rose garden?
(a) A bridge now goes over its stream.
(b) Tulips and sunflowers have been added for variety.
(c) It has been turned into a bean field.
(d) He has had a pagoda installed.
14. What raises the Archchancellor's suspicions that the Bursar is part of a secret society?
(a) The Bursar is wearing underpants on his head.
(b) A bald spot on the Bursar's head.
(c) The Archchancellor can feel it in his water.
(d) The dried frog pills the Bursar is carrying.
15. What is Verence II considering planting?
(b) Root vegetables.
(d) More grains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it sensible for Granny Weatherwax to rescue Diamanda?
2. Why does Granny Weatherwax not like schools?
3. What will The King not like?
4. What does Jason Ogg not like to do?
5. What does a good hunter do?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)