|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Faramir been ordered to do with all trespassers on Gondor soil?
2. Why does Sam take the Ring from Frodo after wounding Shelob?
3. What causes the Orcs at the Black Gate to become confused and disoriented?
4. Who is the 'Chief' that made the new rules of not allowing people to cross Brandywine Bridge at the end of the book?
5. Where do the fellowship member who were at Isengard ride after the parley with Saruman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of unlikely friendships forged in this book. Please explain some of these friendships, and describe how the relationship was forged, as well as how the relationship affected the outcome of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Aragorn is a wandering ranger. How does this major feature about him affect the people around him? What are people's first impressions of him, and how does this affect Aragorn's capacity to lead? Make sure you support your answers with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What are Sam's final words, and what do they imply? How do these words sum up the entire theme of the book?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)