|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gollum doing in the pool by the waterfall when Faramir sees him?
2. What do Frodo and Sam find at the exit of Shelob's lair?
3. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
4. Why do Sam and Frodo jump into a ravine while traveling through Mordor?
5. What is Denethor trying to do that Gandalf is determined to stop during the battle at Minas Tirith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Sam's final words, and what do they imply? How do these words sum up the entire theme of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Frodo choose to leave Middle Earth, and what effects will his absence have on the characters left behind?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)