|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the army decide to go after the battle of Minas Tirith?
2. Why does Bilbo give his book to Frodo when Frodo visits him at Rivendell?
3. Why does Gollum refuse to eat the rabbits that Sam prepares?
4. What does Bill Ferny do when he sees Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin all standing on Brandywine Bridge heavily armed?
5. What causes Eomer to fight fiercely with no thought for his own safety?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sauran uses many different lies and tools to complete his horrible goals. What are some of these, and how did they poison the characters who fell prey to them?
Essay Topic 2
Gandalf endures death and is reborn with newer and higher powers. Compare and contrast Gandalf the Grey with Gandalf the White. Was this change necessary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
This book is set in many different locations. Compare and contrast these locations. How did these different places affect the outcome of the book?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)