|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happen to Pppin when he looks into the Seeing Stone from Orthnac?
2. Why does Gollum refuse to eat the rabbits that Sam prepares?
3. Who saves Sam and Frodo from a fiery death on Mount Doom?
4. What happens to Frodo on the year anniversary of the attack on Weathertop?
5. What does Faramir say when he hears of the route Frodo plans to take to get to Mordor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eowyn has her own theory for how women should be allowed to act. What is this theory, and how does her life exemplify this? How is the course of the plot re-directed due to Eowyn's actions?
Essay Topic 2
What role does the Ring play in the story, and what does it symbolize? How is the plot altered by the presence of the Ring?
Essay Topic 3
Who is involved in the scene on Mount Doom, and what do they each have to gain by doing this? How does this scene affect the other characters?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)