|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam hear in the bushes after he cooks the two rabbits?
2. Why do Sam and Frodo jump into a ravine while traveling through Mordor?
3. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
4. How does Gollum get the ring back from Frodo?
5. Why does Faramir not take the Ring when he finds out what it is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Sam's final words, and what do they imply? How do these words sum up the entire theme of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does the Ring play in the story, and what does it symbolize? How is the plot altered by the presence of the Ring?
Essay Topic 3
What does Theoden say as he is dying, and how does this statement effect Eowyn? How do these last words change the outcome of the book?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)