|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is following Sam and Frodo as they are journeying towards Mordor?
2. What gift does Butterbur give Sam on his way back to the Shire?
3. Why is Merry so upset when Theoden and his army head off to battle?
4. What happens to Frodo on the year anniversary of the attack on Weathertop?
5. Why do Sam and Frodo jump into a ravine while traveling through Mordor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Anger and its consequences are major themes presented in this book. Using the text, cite 3- 4 examples of how characters acting out of anger altered the course of the plot.
Essay Topic 2Merry and Pippin are a very integral part of this plot. How do their actions change the tide of the plot? Do you think they are aware of what they are doing? Why or why not? Make sure to use examples from the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)