|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
2. What does Gollum see after their climb up the stairs that softens his heart towards Sam for a moment?
3. What gift does Butterbur give Sam on his way back to the Shire?
4. Who does Pippin share his room with during his stay at Minas Tirith?
5. What do Sam and Frodo hear some orcs talking about as they travel through Mordor in the ravine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does the Ring play in the story, and what does it symbolize? How is the plot altered by the presence of the Ring?
Essay Topic 3
This book is set in many different locations. Compare and contrast these locations. How did these different places affect the outcome of the book?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)