|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Eomer to fight fiercely with no thought for his own safety?
2. What scares Theoden's horse and causes it to buck during the battle at Minas Tirith?
3. Who does Pippin share his room with during his stay at Minas Tirith?
4. Where does Aragorn decide to go after speaking with the Rangers who found him?
5. Where does Gandalf decide to go when they see a Nazul flying by as they are leaving Isengard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy is a pretty strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react?
Essay Topic 2
Merry and Pippin are a very integral part of this plot. How do their actions change the tide of the plot? Do you think they are aware of what they are doing? Why or why not? Make sure to use examples from the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
This book is set in many different locations. Compare and contrast these locations. How did these different places affect the outcome of the book?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)