|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
2. What is the name of the person who is in control of the Shire when Frodo returns there at the end of the book?
3. Why does Faramir not take the Ring when he finds out what it is?
4. How does Gollum get the ring back from Frodo?
5. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different types of beings are described in this book? Choose 3 of these separate races, and describe their attributes and the role that each race played in the outcome of the plot.
Essay Topic 2
What role does the Ring play in the story, and what does it symbolize? How is the plot altered by the presence of the Ring?
Essay Topic 3
Gandalf endures death and is reborn with newer and higher powers. Compare and contrast Gandalf the Grey with Gandalf the White. Was this change necessary? Why or why not?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)