|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gollum's kinder split pesonality?
2. Where does Gandalf decide to go when they see a Nazul flying by as they are leaving Isengard?
3. Who has 'imprisoned' Eowyn and Faramir in the House of Healing during the battle at Mordor?
4. What does Aragorn use to heal Merry and Eowyn?
5. What do Gimli and Legolas discuss as they walk through Minas Tirith after the battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger and its consequences are major themes presented in this book. Using the text, cite 3- 4 examples of how characters acting out of anger altered the course of the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Galadriel was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Galadriel had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
What are Sam's final words, and what do they imply? How do these words sum up the entire theme of the book?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)