|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
2. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
3. How long are Sam and Frodo unconscious after being rescued from Mount Doom?
4. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
5. Who does Aragorn name as the new Prince of Ithilien?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger and its consequences are major themes presented in this book. Using the text, cite 3- 4 examples of how characters acting out of anger altered the course of the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Frodo endures a crucial test of sorts before the end of the novel. What lessons does Frodo learn through this experience, and do you think Frodo deserved what he got in the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Eowyn has her own theory for how women should be allowed to act. What is this theory, and how does her life exemplify this? How is the course of the plot re-directed due to Eowyn's actions?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)