|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bilbo give his book to Frodo when Frodo visits him at Rivendell?
2. What does Denethor claim that he has seen Gandalf doing in his seeing stone during the battle at Minas Tirith?
3. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
4. What does Sam call Gollum when he wakes up at the top of the stairs that rids Gollum of all the good feelings he had?
5. Who does Pippin help carry to the House of Healing after the battle at Minas Tirith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book is set in many different locations. Compare and contrast these locations. How did these different places affect the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select 4 characters and determine the primary motivation for each. How did each of their goals affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 3
Galadriel was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Galadriel had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)