|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gandalf decide to go when they see a Nazul flying by as they are leaving Isengard?
2. How does Sam restore the trees that were cut down while he was away with Frodo?
3. Who has 'imprisoned' Eowyn and Faramir in the House of Healing during the battle at Mordor?
4. Who saves Sam and Frodo from a fiery death on Mount Doom?
5. What happens when Sam and Frodo are forced to travel on the road through Mordor again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sauran uses many different lies and tools to complete his horrible goals. What are some of these, and how did they poison the characters who fell prey to them?
Essay Topic 2
Frodo endures a crucial test of sorts before the end of the novel. What lessons does Frodo learn through this experience, and do you think Frodo deserved what he got in the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Eowyn has her own theory for how women should be allowed to act. What is this theory, and how does her life exemplify this? How is the course of the plot re-directed due to Eowyn's actions?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)