|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
2. How long are Sam and Frodo unconscious after being rescued from Mount Doom?
3. Who does Aragorn name as the new Prince of Ithilien?
4. Who does the leader of the band of men in Ithilien tell Frodo has been killed?
5. Where do Sam and Frodo sleep after their exhausting climb down an almost sheer rock-face?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different types of beings are described in this book? Choose 3 of these separate races, and describe their attributes and the role that each race played in the outcome of the plot.
Essay Topic 2
This book is set in many different locations. Compare and contrast these locations. How did these different places affect the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
There are a number of unlikely friendships forged in this book. Please explain some of these friendships, and describe how the relationship was forged, as well as how the relationship affected the outcome of the book.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)