|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gandalf do when he sees the beheaded statue of the king as they are leaving Minas Tirith?
2. Where does Aragorn decide to go after speaking with the Rangers who found him?
3. What does Denethor claim that he has seen Gandalf doing in his seeing stone during the battle at Minas Tirith?
4. What do Sam and Frodo hear some orcs talking about as they travel through Mordor in the ravine?
5. What do Frodo and Sam just barely escape the notice of on the bridge to Minas Morgul.
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy is a pretty strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Frodo choose to leave Middle Earth, and what effects will his absence have on the characters left behind?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)