|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam do when Frodo collapses half way up Mount Doom?
2. Why does Bilbo give his book to Frodo when Frodo visits him at Rivendell?
3. Why is Merry so upset when Theoden and his army head off to battle?
4. What is Gimli so ashamed of as he travels with Aragorn on his secret mission?
5. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sauran uses many different lies and tools to complete his horrible goals. What are some of these, and how did they poison the characters who fell prey to them?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy is a pretty strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react?
Essay Topic 3
Eowyn has her own theory for how women should be allowed to act. What is this theory, and how does her life exemplify this? How is the course of the plot re-directed due to Eowyn's actions?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)