|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who is in control of the Shire when Frodo returns there at the end of the book?
2. What do Frodo and Sam find at the exit of Shelob's lair?
3. Why does Bilbo give his book to Frodo when Frodo visits him at Rivendell?
4. Who has 'imprisoned' Eowyn and Faramir in the House of Healing during the battle at Mordor?
5. Where does the army decide to go after the battle of Minas Tirith?
Essay Topic 1
What does Theoden say as he is dying, and how does this statement effect Eowyn? How do these last words change the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Anger and its consequences are major themes presented in this book. Using the text, cite 3- 4 examples of how characters acting out of anger altered the course of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
What are Sam's final words, and what do they imply? How do these words sum up the entire theme of the book?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)