|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
2. What causes Eomer to fight fiercely with no thought for his own safety?
3. What gift does Butterbur give Sam on his way back to the Shire?
4. Who saves Sam and Frodo from a fiery death on Mount Doom?
5. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is involved in the scene on Mount Doom, and what do they each have to gain by doing this? How does this scene affect the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
How does Gollum die, and why is this so significant? What message is Tolkien trying to send with Gollum's death?
Essay Topic 3
Many different types of beings are described in this book? Choose 3 of these separate races, and describe their attributes and the role that each race played in the outcome of the plot.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)