|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pippin help carry to the House of Healing after the battle at Minas Tirith?
2. What does Sauron use to parley with Gandalf before they begin the final battle?
3. Where do Sam and Frodo sleep after their exhausting climb down an almost sheer rock-face?
4. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
5. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Frodo endures a crucial test of sorts before the end of the novel. What lessons does Frodo learn through this experience, and do you think Frodo deserved what he got in the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What are Sam's final words, and what do they imply? How do these words sum up the entire theme of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)