Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merry feel like as he rides with Legolas and Gimli towards Helm's Deep after the parley at Isengard?
2. Who saves Sam and Frodo from a fiery death on Mount Doom?
3. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
4. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
5. What happen to Pppin when he looks into the Seeing Stone from Orthnac?
Essay Topic 1
How does Gollum die, and why is this so significant? What message is Tolkien trying to send with Gollum's death?
Essay Topic 2
This book is set in many different locations. Compare and contrast these locations. How did these different places affect the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Gandalf endures death and is reborn with newer and higher powers. Compare and contrast Gandalf the Grey with Gandalf the White. Was this change necessary? Why or why not?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)