|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frodo request what he does from the men as he is escorted away from the waterfall?
2. Why does Faramir not take the Ring when he finds out what it is?
3. How does Gollum get the ring back from Frodo?
4. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
5. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Gollum die, and why is this so significant? What message is Tolkien trying to send with Gollum's death?
Essay Topic 2
Aragorn is a wandering ranger. How does this major feature about him affect the people around him? What are people's first impressions of him, and how does this affect Aragorn's capacity to lead? Make sure you support your answers with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What role does the Ring play in the story, and what does it symbolize? How is the plot altered by the presence of the Ring?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)