Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merry feel like as he rides with Legolas and Gimli towards Helm's Deep after the parley at Isengard?
2. Who saves Sam and Frodo from a fiery death on Mount Doom?
3. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
4. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
5. What happen to Pppin when he looks into the Seeing Stone from Orthnac?
Essay Topic 1
Gandalf endures death and is reborn with newer and higher powers. Compare and contrast Gandalf the Grey with Gandalf the White. Was this change necessary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What does Theoden say as he is dying, and how does this statement effect Eowyn? How do these last words change the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Jealousy is a pretty strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)