|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Frodo and Sam just barely escape the notice of on the bridge to Minas Morgul.
(a) A host of evil ghosts returning to Mordor.
(b) A troop of Mordor men on Oliphants.
(c) Faramir's men.
(d) A ringwraithe and an army of orcs.
2. How many tiers of stairs does Gandalf have to ride to get to the hall of Denethor?
3. Where does Aragorn decide to go after speaking with the Rangers who found him?
(a) To find Frodo at Mordor.
(b) Back to Isengard.
(c) The Paths of the Dead.
(d) To Rivendell to be with Arwen.
4. What does Ioreth say at The House of Healing that sends Gandalf looking for Aragorn?
(a) The hands of the king are the hands of a healer.
(b) A Rangers pack is full of healing herbs.
(c) A King among men will Heal the faithful wounded.
(d) The elf born mortal will heal the victors.
5. What do Gimli and Legolas discuss as they walk through Minas Tirith after the battle?
(a) How unexpected their vicotry was.
(b) How they are confused about the lack of news from Frodo.
(c) How unexpected their friendship is.
(d) How much better the dwarves and elves could have made it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam call Gollum when he wakes up at the top of the stairs that rids Gollum of all the good feelings he had?
2. What happens when Sam and Frodo are forced to travel on the road through Mordor again?
3. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
4. Why does Sam take the Ring from Frodo after wounding Shelob?
5. How long is an ell?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)