|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sam and Frodo hear some orcs talking about as they travel through Mordor in the ravine?
(a) The escape of the hobbits.
(b) The death of the Nazgul king.
(c) The might of Aragorn.
(d) How Gollum escaped from them.
2. What does Aragorn use to heal Merry and Eowyn?
(c) Soil and water.
(d) An Elven herb.
3. Who does Frodo tell the leader of the band of men in Ithilien has been killed?
4. Why does Eomer return to Minas Tirith after the battle at Mordor?
(a) To attend the wedding of Aragorn and Arwen.
(b) To attend the crowning of Eowyn as Princess of Ithilien.
(c) To join the council of peace with Aragorn.
(d) To return Theoden's body to Rohan.
5. Why does Frodo request what he does from the men as he is escorted away from the waterfall?
(a) To help him complete his urgent task sooner.
(b) To replace what they ruined in their ambush.
(c) To show that he truly means no harm.
(d) To make himself even with Gollum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is every man in Bree carrying when the hobbits pass through on their way back to the Shire?
2. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
3. What scares Theoden's horse and causes it to buck during the battle at Minas Tirith?
4. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
5. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)