|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Sam and Frodo from a fiery death on Mount Doom?
(b) A Nazgul.
(c) The eagles.
2. Where do Sam and Frodo sleep after their exhausting climb down an almost sheer rock-face?
(a) A cave.
(b) The open ground.
(c) Under a tree.
(d) In a tent provided by the elves.
3. What does Gandalf do when he sees the beheaded statue of the king as they are leaving Minas Tirith?
(a) Smashes the whole thing.
(b) Restores the head.
(c) Creates a new statue of Aragorn.
(d) Creates a new head as a tribute to Theoden.
4. What scares the great spider away in Shelob's lair?
(a) The phial of light from Galadriel.
(b) Gollum's threats.
(c) Sam's box of earth from Galadriel.
(d) The sword from Bilbo.
5. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
(a) The moisture.
(b) The darkness.
(c) The smell.
(d) The cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are Sam and Frodo unconscious after being rescued from Mount Doom?
2. What is Gimli so ashamed of as he travels with Aragorn on his secret mission?
3. What does Sam do when Frodo collapses half way up Mount Doom?
4. Why are the men of Gondor worried when Gandalf rides past them with Pippin on his way to Minas Tirith?
5. Why does Gollum refuse to eat the rabbits that Sam prepares?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)