|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merry feel like as he rides with Legolas and Gimli towards Helm's Deep after the parley at Isengard?
(a) A true companion.
(b) Little more than baggage.
(c) Lonely without Pippin.
(d) Strangely confident.
2. Who saves Sam and Frodo from a fiery death on Mount Doom?
(a) A Nazgul.
(b) The eagles.
3. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
(a) Denethor in a crazed state.
(b) A great eagle.
(c) A nazgul.
(d) A host of Orc warriors.
4. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
(b) The ships leaving.
(c) A meal of crab.
(d) A picture of a lighthouse.
5. What happen to Pppin when he looks into the Seeing Stone from Orthnac?
(a) He sees Sauran's plan.
(b) He cries out in pain.
(c) He falls down dead.
(d) He is stricken blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who is in control of the Shire when Frodo returns there at the end of the book?
2. Where do the fellowship member who were at Isengard ride after the parley with Saruman?
3. Who does the leader of the band of men in Ithilien tell Frodo has been killed?
4. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
5. What does Gollum see after their climb up the stairs that softens his heart towards Sam for a moment?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)