|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam call Gollum when he wakes up at the top of the stairs that rids Gollum of all the good feelings he had?
(a) All that is wrong with the world.
(b) A thief.
(c) An image of heartless greed.
(d) A sneak and a villain.
2. What are Sam's last words in the book?
(a) I will miss him.
(b) I am a different man now.
(c) Things have certainly changed.
(d) Well, I'm back.
3. Why is Merry so upset when Theoden and his army head off to battle?
(a) Merry thinks that they should get well rested before joining another battle.
(b) Theoden promised to wait for the return of Aragorn.
(c) Theoden wants Merry to stay away from the battle.
(d) Merry feels that this call for help is a trap.
4. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
(a) A group of Orcs.
(b) A Nazgul.
(c) A troop of Mordor Soldiers.
5. What does Aragorn use to heal Merry and Eowyn?
(a) Soil and water.
(b) An Elven herb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sam and Frodo jump into a ravine while traveling through Mordor?
2. How does Gollum get the ring back from Frodo?
3. Who kills the Nazgul King who no man could slay?
4. What do Frodo and Sam just barely escape the notice of on the bridge to Minas Morgul.
5. What does Bill Ferny do when he sees Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin all standing on Brandywine Bridge heavily armed?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)