|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
(a) The cock crowing the morning.
(b) A horrible sound of thunder.
(c) The horn of Rohan.
(d) A mighty war cry.
2. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
(a) Gollum swore an oath on the ring.
(b) Frodo and Gollum are made brothers by the suffering the Ring causes.
(c) Gollum has an intense sense of loyalty.
(d) Gollum lost the Ring once and will not let it out of his sight again.
3. How long is an ell?
(a) 4.5 feet.
(b) 45 inches.
(c) 45 yards.
(d) 450 centimeters.
4. What does Faramir say when he hears of the route Frodo plans to take to get to Mordor?
(a) That he has never heard of it.
(b) That there are many unknown terrors along that route.
(c) That he agrees that it is the safest route.
(d) That Frodo should choose any other route.
5. What is the name of the person who is in control of the Shire when Frodo returns there at the end of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Butterbur give Sam on his way back to the Shire?
2. What is on the head of the statue of a king that Frodo and Sam see as they journey to the less traveled path to Mordor?
3. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
4. Why does Sam take the Ring from Frodo after wounding Shelob?
5. Why does Faramir not take the Ring when he finds out what it is?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)