|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) They want to prove to Rohan which side they are on.
(b) They are afraid of Theoden.
(c) Gandalf told them to.
(d) They hate the orcs.
2. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
(a) Denethor in a crazed state.
(b) A great eagle.
(c) A nazgul.
(d) A host of Orc warriors.
3. What does Faramir say when he hears of the route Frodo plans to take to get to Mordor?
(a) That there are many unknown terrors along that route.
(b) That he has never heard of it.
(c) That Frodo should choose any other route.
(d) That he agrees that it is the safest route.
4. Where do the fellowship member who were at Isengard ride after the parley with Saruman?
5. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) The Passage of Death.
(b) The Black Gate.
(c) The End of Dreams.
(d) The Gate of Sauron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Sam and Frodo are forced to travel on the road through Mordor again?
2. What gift does Butterbur give Sam on his way back to the Shire?
3. Who saves Sam and Frodo from a fiery death on Mount Doom?
4. Where does Gandalf decide to go when they see a Nazul flying by as they are leaving Isengard?
5. What does Frodo request from the men as they are escorted away from the waterfall?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)