|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scares Theoden's horse and causes it to buck during the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) A dart.
(b) The King of the Harad.
(c) An oliphant.
(d) The King of Despair.
2. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
(a) The darkness.
(b) The cold.
(c) The smell.
(d) The moisture.
3. Who stops Sam as he tries to enter the Tower of Cirith Ungol?
(b) Some Orcs.
(d) The Silent Watchers.
4. Why does Eomer return to Minas Tirith after the battle at Mordor?
(a) To attend the crowning of Eowyn as Princess of Ithilien.
(b) To join the council of peace with Aragorn.
(c) To attend the wedding of Aragorn and Arwen.
(d) To return Theoden's body to Rohan.
5. What is Gimli so ashamed of as he travels with Aragorn on his secret mission?
(a) He does not agree with this decision of Aragorn's.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He is the only dwarf.
(d) He is the smallest person in the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Denethor trying to do that Gandalf is determined to stop during the battle at Minas Tirith?
2. Why does Gollum refuse to eat the rabbits that Sam prepares?
3. Who kills Saruman?
4. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
5. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)