|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
(a) Frodo and Gollum are made brothers by the suffering the Ring causes.
(b) Gollum swore an oath on the ring.
(c) Gollum lost the Ring once and will not let it out of his sight again.
(d) Gollum has an intense sense of loyalty.
2. Why do Sam and Frodo jump into a ravine while traveling through Mordor?
(a) The Ring pulls Frodo into it.
(b) They chase after Gollum.
(c) The eye turns in their direction.
(d) A nazgul passes them.
3. Why is Merry so upset when Theoden and his army head off to battle?
(a) Theoden wants Merry to stay away from the battle.
(b) Merry thinks that they should get well rested before joining another battle.
(c) Theoden promised to wait for the return of Aragorn.
(d) Merry feels that this call for help is a trap.
4. Who does Frodo tell the leader of the band of men in Ithilien has been killed?
5. Who kills Saruman?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Shelob attacks Frodo and Sam, and Sam chases Gollum up the hillside, Sam next finds Frodo:
2. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
3. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
4. How does Sam restore the trees that were cut down while he was away with Frodo?
5. What causes the Orcs at the Black Gate to become confused and disoriented?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)