|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
(a) A host of Orc warriors.
(b) A nazgul.
(c) A great eagle.
(d) Denethor in a crazed state.
2. What is on the head of the statue of a king that Frodo and Sam see as they journey to the less traveled path to Mordor?
(a) A written message from Gandalf.
(b) A crown of flowers.
(c) A rare form of moss.
(d) A warning to all who pass.
3. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
(a) Gollum has an intense sense of loyalty.
(b) Frodo and Gollum are made brothers by the suffering the Ring causes.
(c) Gollum lost the Ring once and will not let it out of his sight again.
(d) Gollum swore an oath on the ring.
4. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
(a) A mighty war cry.
(b) A horrible sound of thunder.
(c) The horn of Rohan.
(d) The cock crowing the morning.
5. Why does Sam not kill Gollum when he has the chance on Mount Doom?
(a) Gollum pretends to be dead.
(b) He follows after Frodo to keep him safe.
(c) He has pity on him.
(d) Gollum knocks Sam unconscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who is in control of the Shire when Frodo returns there at the end of the book?
2. Why does Sam take the Ring from Frodo after wounding Shelob?
3. What do Frodo and Sam find at the exit of Shelob's lair?
4. What does Ioreth say at The House of Healing that sends Gandalf looking for Aragorn?
5. Who stops Sam as he tries to enter the Tower of Cirith Ungol?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)