|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Butterbur give Sam on his way back to the Shire?
(a) Bill the Pony.
(b) A packet of rare flower seeds.
(c) A shiny jeweled necklace.
(d) A painting of himself and Frodo.
2. How do Sam and Frodo get through Mordor undetected?
(a) They crawl on the ground.
(b) They trade off wearing the Ring.
(c) They use their Elven cloaks.
(d) They don the armor of dead orcs.
3. Who does Aragorn give rule of the city to?
4. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) They are afraid of Theoden.
(b) They want to prove to Rohan which side they are on.
(c) They hate the orcs.
(d) Gandalf told them to.
5. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) Sam falls ill and is unable to continue at the present.
(b) They are captured.
(c) Frodo is not ready to give the ring back.
(d) It is too heavily guarded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Sam and Frodo from a fiery death on Mount Doom?
2. What does Aragorn use to heal Merry and Eowyn?
3. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
4. What does Sam do when Frodo collapses half way up Mount Doom?
5. Why does Bilbo give his book to Frodo when Frodo visits him at Rivendell?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)