|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Shelob attacks Frodo and Sam, and Sam chases Gollum up the hillside, Sam next finds Frodo:
(a) Being drained of blood by Shelob.
(b) In a cocoon of webbing.
(c) Breathing heavily and hallucinating.
(d) Helplessly flailing his arms at the giant spider.
2. How does Gollum get the ring back from Frodo?
(a) He tells Frodo that he wants to destroy it himself.
(b) He jumps on him and takes it from his neck.
(c) He bites it off his finger.
(d) He throws himself at it as Frodo throws it into the flames.
3. Who does Pippin share his room with during his stay at Minas Tirith?
4. What causes Eomer to fight fiercely with no thought for his own safety?
(a) Heckling from an Orc leader.
(b) The sight of little Merry fighting bravely.
(c) Some encouraging words from Gandalf.
(d) The sight of Theoden and Eowyn dead.
5. Who stops Sam as he tries to enter the Tower of Cirith Ungol?
(b) The Silent Watchers.
(d) Some Orcs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Butterbur give Sam on his way back to the Shire?
2. Who does Aragorn give rule of the city to?
3. How long are Sam and Frodo unconscious after being rescued from Mount Doom?
4. Who kills the Nazgul King who no man could slay?
5. What does Gandalf do when he sees the beheaded statue of the king as they are leaving Minas Tirith?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)