|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
(a) A picture of a lighthouse.
(b) A meal of crab.
(c) The ships leaving.
2. What is Gollum doing in the pool by the waterfall when Faramir sees him?
(c) Plotting to kill Frodo.
(d) Catching fish.
3. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
(a) The darkness.
(b) The moisture.
(c) The cold.
(d) The smell.
4. What does Faramir say when he hears of the route Frodo plans to take to get to Mordor?
(a) That there are many unknown terrors along that route.
(b) That he has never heard of it.
(c) That he agrees that it is the safest route.
(d) That Frodo should choose any other route.
5. Why does Gollum refuse to eat the rabbits that Sam prepares?
(a) He never eats in front of people.
(b) He hates herbs from the shire.
(c) He only eats raw meat.
(d) He fears that Sam will poison him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Sam's last words in the book?
2. What do Sam and Frodo hear some orcs talking about as they travel through Mordor in the ravine?
3. Where do Sam and Frodo sleep after their exhausting climb down an almost sheer rock-face?
4. What is every man in Bree carrying when the hobbits pass through on their way back to the Shire?
5. What happens when Sam and Frodo are forced to travel on the road through Mordor again?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)