|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are Sam and Frodo unconscious after being rescued from Mount Doom?
(a) 6 Months.
(b) 14 Days.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 3 Days.
2. What are Sam's last words in the book?
(a) Things have certainly changed.
(b) I will miss him.
(c) I am a different man now.
(d) Well, I'm back.
3. Who stops Sam as he tries to enter the Tower of Cirith Ungol?
(c) The Silent Watchers.
(d) Some Orcs.
4. What does Gollum see after their climb up the stairs that softens his heart towards Sam for a moment?
(a) Sam giving of his food to Frodo.
(b) Sam talking to Frodo about how helpful Gollum has been.
(c) Sam and Frodo sleeping.
(d) Sam crying and praying for Frodo.
5. What does Sam call Gollum when he wakes up at the top of the stairs that rids Gollum of all the good feelings he had?
(a) An image of heartless greed.
(b) A sneak and a villain.
(c) A thief.
(d) All that is wrong with the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Saruman?
2. What is Gollum doing in the pool by the waterfall when Faramir sees him?
3. What does Sam hear the Orcs say when he is in Cirith Ungol?
4. Why does Sam not kill Gollum when he has the chance on Mount Doom?
5. What does Sauron use to parley with Gandalf before they begin the final battle?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)