|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gollum see after their climb up the stairs that softens his heart towards Sam for a moment?
(a) Sam and Frodo sleeping.
(b) Sam giving of his food to Frodo.
(c) Sam crying and praying for Frodo.
(d) Sam talking to Frodo about how helpful Gollum has been.
2. Where does Gandalf decide to go when they see a Nazul flying by as they are leaving Isengard?
(b) Helm's Deep.
(d) Minas Tirith.
3. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) The End of Dreams.
(b) The Gate of Sauron.
(c) The Passage of Death.
(d) The Black Gate.
4. What are Sam's last words in the book?
(a) I will miss him.
(b) Things have certainly changed.
(c) I am a different man now.
(d) Well, I'm back.
5. What do Frodo and Sam just barely escape the notice of on the bridge to Minas Morgul.
(a) Faramir's men.
(b) A ringwraithe and an army of orcs.
(c) A host of evil ghosts returning to Mordor.
(d) A troop of Mordor men on Oliphants.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Shelob attacks Frodo and Sam, and Sam chases Gollum up the hillside, Sam next finds Frodo:
2. What is the name of Gollum's kinder split pesonality?
3. What does Merry feel like as he rides with Legolas and Gimli towards Helm's Deep after the parley at Isengard?
4. Why does Sam take the Ring from Frodo after wounding Shelob?
5. What does Sam hear in the bushes after he cooks the two rabbits?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)