|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Frodo and Sam just barely escape the notice of on the bridge to Minas Morgul.
(a) A host of evil ghosts returning to Mordor.
(b) A ringwraithe and an army of orcs.
(c) A troop of Mordor men on Oliphants.
(d) Faramir's men.
2. How do Sam and Frodo get through Mordor undetected?
(a) They don the armor of dead orcs.
(b) They trade off wearing the Ring.
(c) They crawl on the ground.
(d) They use their Elven cloaks.
3. What does Sauron use to parley with Gandalf before they begin the final battle?
(a) An enchanted Orc.
(b) The Mouth of Sauran.
(c) A seeing Stone.
4. Who does Pippin share his room with during his stay at Minas Tirith?
5. Where does Aragorn decide to go after speaking with the Rangers who found him?
(a) To Rivendell to be with Arwen.
(b) To find Frodo at Mordor.
(c) The Paths of the Dead.
(d) Back to Isengard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tiers of stairs does Gandalf have to ride to get to the hall of Denethor?
2. What is the name of the person who is in control of the Shire when Frodo returns there at the end of the book?
3. Who does Pippin help carry to the House of Healing after the battle at Minas Tirith?
4. Why does Eomer return to Minas Tirith after the battle at Mordor?
5. What is Gimli so ashamed of as he travels with Aragorn on his secret mission?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)