|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Denethor trying to do that Gandalf is determined to stop during the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Leak intelligence to the enemy.
(b) Kill the next-in-line to the throne.
(c) Tell the soldiers that there is no hope.
(d) Burn himself and his dying son.
2. Who officially gives Aragorn the keys to the city of Minas Tirith?
(a) A guard of Gondor soldiers.
3. Who does the leader of the band of men in Ithilien tell Frodo has been killed?
4. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Encourages the other men to never lose faith.
(b) Gets closer to Theoden.
(c) Moves to the back of the line and runs away.
(d) Recites memorized prayer over and over.
5. What is every man in Bree carrying when the hobbits pass through on their way back to the Shire?
(c) Bottles of ale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
2. What scares the great spider away in Shelob's lair?
3. What does Ioreth say at The House of Healing that sends Gandalf looking for Aragorn?
4. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
5. What does Aragorn use to heal Merry and Eowyn?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)