|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
(b) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
(c) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
(d) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
2. What is on the head of the statue of a king that Frodo and Sam see as they journey to the less traveled path to Mordor?
(a) A crown of flowers.
(b) A written message from Gandalf.
(c) A warning to all who pass.
(d) A rare form of moss.
3. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) They are captured.
(b) It is too heavily guarded.
(c) Sam falls ill and is unable to continue at the present.
(d) Frodo is not ready to give the ring back.
4. What does Sam do when Frodo collapses half way up Mount Doom?
(a) Gives Frodo the rest of the food.
(b) Waits for Frodo to regain strength while keeping guard over his sleeping form.
(c) Takes the Ring, which gives Frodo some extra strength.
(d) Carries Frodo the rest of the way.
5. What does Aragorn use to heal Merry and Eowyn?
(c) An Elven herb.
(d) Soil and water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frodo tell the leader of the band of men in Ithilien has been killed?
2. Why does Sam not kill Gollum when he has the chance on Mount Doom?
3. What happens when Sam and Frodo are forced to travel on the road through Mordor again?
4. What happen to Pppin when he looks into the Seeing Stone from Orthnac?
5. Why does Faramir not take the Ring when he finds out what it is?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)