|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Eomer to fight fiercely with no thought for his own safety?
(a) The sight of Theoden and Eowyn dead.
(b) The sight of little Merry fighting bravely.
(c) Some encouraging words from Gandalf.
(d) Heckling from an Orc leader.
2. What happens to Frodo on the year anniversary of the attack on Weathertop?
(a) The Nazguls all die.
(b) Frodo slips into a deep depression.
(c) Frodo's wound begins to hurt him terribly.
(d) The hobbits all get together to share their stories of the past year.
3. What does Gandalf do when he sees the beheaded statue of the king as they are leaving Minas Tirith?
(a) Restores the head.
(b) Creates a new head as a tribute to Theoden.
(c) Smashes the whole thing.
(d) Creates a new statue of Aragorn.
4. What has Faramir been ordered to do with all trespassers on Gondor soil?
(a) Escort them to the border.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Question them intensely.
(d) Blindfold them and take them to the court.
5. Where does the army decide to go after the battle of Minas Tirith?
(a) Helm's Deep.
(b) The Black Gates of Mordor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sam and Frodo get through Mordor undetected?
2. Why does Sam take the Ring from Frodo after wounding Shelob?
3. What does Gollum see after their climb up the stairs that softens his heart towards Sam for a moment?
4. Who kills Saruman?
5. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)