|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
(a) She already has one of the rings, and knows she cannot control the power of two.
(b) She fears her husband would kill her to gain the Ring for himself.
(c) She has seen a vision of Frodo destroying the ring himself.
(d) She sees what the future would be like if she did.
2. What are the Dunlendings forced to do as punishment for joining the attack on Rohan?
(a) Enlist in the Rohan army.
(b) Build mounds for the dead and stack orc corpses.
(c) Become a territory of Rohan.
(d) Pay half of their harvest as a payment for the lands ruined in the battle.
3. Where do Merry and Pippin run when they are freed of their ropes as the Rohirram begin attacking the Orcs?
(a) To the Rohirram men.
(b) Back the way they came.
(c) They dig a hole and hide in it.
(d) Fangorn Forest.
4. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
5. Where did Saruman run when Isengard was being attacked?
(a) The tower of Orthnac.
(b) The Main turret castle of Isengard.
(c) Towards the path to Mordor.
(d) The abyss of the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
2. What is surprising about the orcs that attacked the fellowship at the seat of Amon Lhaw?
3. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
4. Who destroyed Isengard?
5. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Tinuviel and Beren from Aragorn's story?
2. What is Faramir supposed to do to Gollum when he finds Gollum catching fish by the waterfall in Ithilien?
3. What is Faramir's name for the Ring of Power?
4. Why does Pippin volunteer to serve Denethor when he is brought to the Stewards Hall at Minas Tirith?
5. Why did Saruman want Gandalf to meet him at Isengard before imprisoning him?
6. What is the name of the leader of the Eagles?
7. What is Merry and Pippin's reaction to the news that Frodo and Sam are leaving the Shire?
8. What does Gandalf do with the Ring after Frodo shows Gandalf that he has kept it safe?
9. What is the stone called that caused Pippin so much pain when he looked into it?
10. Who does Sam marry when he returns to the Shire?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)