|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Eomer from the orc pretending to be dead?
2. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It cuts his finger.
(b) It disintegrates.
(c) It becomes freezing cold.
(d) It becomes hot and burns him.
3. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) An intricate piece of jewelery.
(b) Some food.
(c) Some weapons.
(d) A map.
4. How long had Frodo been unconscious when he wakes up in Rivendell?
(a) 3 weeks and 4 days.
(b) 4 months and 3 weeks.
(c) 4 nights and 3 days.
(d) 3 days and 4 nights.
5. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
(a) It was given to him by a strange family friend.
(b) He stole it from Isildur.
(c) He killed his friend to gain possession of it.
(d) He found it in the road one day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
2. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
3. What is Frodo's greatest hope, according to the White wizard?
4. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
5. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the hobbits all so excited to see Gandalf arrive for Bilbo's party?
2. What is Faramir supposed to do to Gollum when he finds Gollum catching fish by the waterfall in Ithilien?
3. What is the last thing that Frodo sees in Galadriel's mirror?
4. What is the crown of the beheaded king's statue made of?
5. How old are the Ents, according to TreeBeard?
6. As Gandalf and the hobbits approach the Shire, who does Gandalf decide to spend some time with?
7. Why does Denethor send his son into an almost suicidal battle at Osgiliath?
8. What is the stone called that caused Pippin so much pain when he looked into it?
9. Why is Frodo so afraid of Farmer Maggot when they approach his house in order to find a hiding place from the Black Riders?
10. What do Sam and Frodo do when they finally get to a path that heads straight towards Mount Doom instead of paths that cross through Orc army camps?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)