|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Dunlendings forced to do as punishment for joining the attack on Rohan?
(a) Build mounds for the dead and stack orc corpses.
(b) Pay half of their harvest as a payment for the lands ruined in the battle.
(c) Become a territory of Rohan.
(d) Enlist in the Rohan army.
2. How long had Frodo been unconscious when he wakes up in Rivendell?
(a) 4 months and 3 weeks.
(b) 4 nights and 3 days.
(c) 3 weeks and 4 days.
(d) 3 days and 4 nights.
3. What is Treebeard's motto?
(a) Trust the small and hate the large.
(b) Do not be hasty.
(c) Thinking takes time.
(d) The good will cherish nature.
4. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
(a) A traitor Rohan Rider.
(b) A watchguard of elves.
(d) The head Orc.
5. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(a) A Dark Rider.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Eomer from the orc pretending to be dead?
2. Why does Frodo choose to continue his journey alone?
3. What is surprising about the orcs that attacked the fellowship at the seat of Amon Lhaw?
4. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
5. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Denethor send his son into an almost suicidal battle at Osgiliath?
2. What does Legolas use to kill the flying beast that is ridden by a Nazgul while the companionship journeys away from Lothlorien?
3. Where do the elves in Lothlorien build their houses?
4. Why does the Council decide to undertake an almost suicidal attack on the Black Gates of Mordor after the battle at Minas Tirith?
5. What is the elven name for the waybread given to the companions for their journey as they leave Lothlorien?
6. What does Aragorn finally get to do when Elrond gives him the scepter of Gondor?
7. What is the name given to the Riders of Rohan?
8. How do Frodo and Sam find out that Gollum is probably following them through Mordor as they journey towards Mount Doom?
9. What are the Nazgul spreading among Gandalf's army as they stand at the Black Gates?
10. What is the stone called that caused Pippin so much pain when he looked into it?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)