|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Saruman a traitor to Sauran?
(a) He plans to take the ring for himself.
(b) He plans to fight with Aragorn against Sauran.
(c) He is preparing an army with the power of Mordor to attack Mordor.
(d) He is trying to create a ring more pwerful that the One Ring.
2. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
(a) A finished copy of his memiors.
(b) A set of clothing that can render him invisible.
(c) An unbreakable chain to put the ring on.
(d) A sword and a shirt of mail.
3. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
(a) Ted Sandyman cutting down all the trees in the Shire.
(b) Rosy getting married to Fatty.
(c) The Black Nights killing his father.
(d) A pile of burnt rubble where his town used to be.
4. How long had Frodo been unconscious when he wakes up in Rivendell?
(a) 4 nights and 3 days.
(b) 3 days and 4 nights.
(c) 3 weeks and 4 days.
(d) 4 months and 3 weeks.
5. How long does the Entmoot last before they decide to attack Isengard?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so different about the Old forest?
2. Who won the Orc-killing game during the battle against Rohan?
3. What is Treebeard's motto?
4. Who saves Eomer from the orc pretending to be dead?
5. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the companionship do once they reach the light of day outside the mines of Moria?
2. What are the first thing Merry asks for when he awakens in the House of Healing after the battle at Minas Tirith?
3. Who kills Lotho at Bag End?
4. As Gandalf and the hobbits approach the Shire, who does Gandalf decide to spend some time with?
5. Why are the hobbits all so excited to see Gandalf arrive for Bilbo's party?
6. How do Merry and Pippin get released from their ropes while being held captive by the Uruk-hai?
7. What is the stone called that caused Pippin so much pain when he looked into it?
8. Why does Pippin volunteer to serve Denethor when he is brought to the Stewards Hall at Minas Tirith?
9. What does Gandalf do with the Ring after Frodo shows Gandalf that he has kept it safe?
10. What do Sam and Frodo do when they finally get to a path that heads straight towards Mount Doom instead of paths that cross through Orc army camps?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)