|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gimli promise to do for Legolas as they ride through the forest towards Isengard?
(a) Die by his side in battle if necessary.
(b) Be a life-long friend.
(c) Share the spoils of the next victory.
(d) Take him on a tour of his home caves.
2. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
(a) Half the jewels of Moria.
(b) The Ring itself.
(c) The entire Shire.
(d) A star.
3. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
(b) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
(c) The trees house evil spirits.
(d) The trees are all dead.
4. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) A word.
(b) A sword.
(c) His hands.
(d) His Staff.
5. Who saves Eomer from the orc pretending to be dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
2. How long does the Entmoot last before they decide to attack Isengard?
3. Who does the monster in the water outside the doors of Moria attack first?
4. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
5. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sam marry when he returns to the Shire?
2. How does Sam get past the Silent Watchers in Cirith Ungol?
3. Why did the hobbits' ponies run away from the Barrows, according to Tom Bombadil?
4. Who does Aragorn give the Wild Woods to as the funeral march for Theoden passes through them?
5. How does Sam learn that Frodo was not killed by Shelob?
6. What are the first thing Merry asks for when he awakens in the House of Healing after the battle at Minas Tirith?
7. What strange event took place during the first night of battle at Helm's Deep that seems to make the Orc army so fearful?
8. Who does Tom Bombadil say that he is when asked by Frodo and Sam?
9. What is the last thing that Frodo sees in Galadriel's mirror?
10. What causes Frodo to trust Strider after finding that he snuck in to the hobbits' private room?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)