|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gimli promise to do for Legolas as they ride through the forest towards Isengard?
(a) Die by his side in battle if necessary.
(b) Take him on a tour of his home caves.
(c) Share the spoils of the next victory.
(d) Be a life-long friend.
2. How long had Frodo been unconscious when he wakes up in Rivendell?
(a) 3 weeks and 4 days.
(b) 4 nights and 3 days.
(c) 3 days and 4 nights.
(d) 4 months and 3 weeks.
3. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) Some weapons from the elves.
(b) Instructions from Bilbo.
(c) A pint of mead from Moria.
(d) A letter from Gandalf.
4. What does Pippin use to cut the ropes he and Merry are bound with?
(a) The sword of a fallen Orc.
(b) His teeth.
(c) The helmet of the Orc who is carrying him.
(d) The broach from his elven cloak.
5. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) Some food.
(b) A map.
(c) An intricate piece of jewelery.
(d) Some weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
2. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
3. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
4. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
5. What does Gimli do when Eomer speaks harshly against Galadriel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who owns the land of Ithilien when Sam and Frodo are traveling through it on their way to the other entrance into Mordor?
2. What causes Frodo to trust Strider after finding that he snuck in to the hobbits' private room?
3. Who sneaks Merry into the battle at Minas Tirith?
4. What do the hobbits call the men that live in Bree?
5. What is Shelob?
6. What is the name of the entrance to Mordor that Gollum leads Sam and Frodo to?
7. What is the name of the herb that Aragorn uses to try and heal Frodo's wound from the Ringwraiths?
8. Why does the Council decide to undertake an almost suicidal attack on the Black Gates of Mordor after the battle at Minas Tirith?
9. What is Eomer's initial reaction to Aragorn?
10. What does the the Elven rope do to Gollum when Sam ties Gollum up with it?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)