|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
(a) A traitor Rohan Rider.
(b) The head Orc.
(c) A watchguard of elves.
2. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
(a) Protection from the elves.
(c) A crocadilly.
(d) Orc spies.
3. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
(a) He and his brother had a dream about the sword of Isildur.
(b) He wants to prove his valor as a future king of Gondor.
(c) His kingdom is failing, and he needs power.
(d) He is estranged from his father, and ran there for sanctuary.
4. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Mr. Underhill.
(b) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(c) Bilbo Baggins.
(d) Mr. Rider
5. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
(a) A brown Wizard.
(b) A warm hearted ranger.
(c) A camp of elves.
(d) 3 Dwarves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who destroyed Isengard?
2. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
3. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
4. What mysterious force are the orcs using to make holes in the walls of the fortress?
5. What does Pippin use to cut the ropes he and Merry are bound with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who sneaks Merry into the battle at Minas Tirith?
2. What does Aragorn do to let Sauron know that the true heir of the Gondor throne has returned?
3. Why is Sauron preparing a major attack on Minas Tirith?
4. Why does Pippin throw a stone down the well in Moria while they are trying to decide which way to go?
5. Why did the hobbits' ponies run away from the Barrows, according to Tom Bombadil?
6. How was Boramir killed?
7. What is Faramir supposed to do to Gollum when he finds Gollum catching fish by the waterfall in Ithilien?
8. What is the name of the herb that Aragorn uses to try and heal Frodo's wound from the Ringwraiths?
9. Who owns the land of Ithilien when Sam and Frodo are traveling through it on their way to the other entrance into Mordor?
10. What is the name given to the Riders of Rohan?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)