|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
(b) Rivendell with the Elves.
(c) Rohan with the Horsemen.
(d) Moria with the Dwarves.
2. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
3. How long does the Entmoot last before they decide to attack Isengard?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 months.
4. What news does Legolas share during the council of the ring that is upsetting to Gandalf?
(a) A Ringwraith has been spotted near Rivendell.
(b) Gollum has escaped.
(c) The elves will have nothing to do with the evil ring and its fate.
(d) Sauron knows where the ring is.
5. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
(b) A round stone.
(c) Orc corpses.
(d) Burning limbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Gandalf not welcome any longer in King Theoden's hall, according to Eomer?
2. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
3. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
4. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
5. Who destroyed Isengard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sam marry when he returns to the Shire?
2. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to follow Gollum to another entrance into Mordor after finally reaching the Black Gate?
3. What is Faramir's name for the Ring of Power?
4. What is Eomer's initial reaction to Aragorn?
5. What is Shelob?
6. What are the Nazgul spreading among Gandalf's army as they stand at the Black Gates?
7. What strange event took place during the first night of battle at Helm's Deep that seems to make the Orc army so fearful?
8. What is the name of the entrance to Mordor that Gollum leads Sam and Frodo to?
9. Where does the stone land that Wormtongue throws down from the high tower during the parley at Isengard?
10. Who does Tom Bombadil say that he is when asked by Frodo and Sam?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)