|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) Instructions from Bilbo.
(b) Some weapons from the elves.
(c) A pint of mead from Moria.
(d) A letter from Gandalf.
2. Why does Frodo choose to continue his journey alone?
(a) He knows that the Ring poses too much danger to his friends.
(b) He wants the ring for himself.
(c) He is afraid of Boramir.
(d) He saw himself travelling alone in Galadriel's mirror.
3. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(a) A Dark Rider.
4. How is Saruman a traitor to Sauran?
(a) He plans to take the ring for himself.
(b) He plans to fight with Aragorn against Sauran.
(c) He is trying to create a ring more pwerful that the One Ring.
(d) He is preparing an army with the power of Mordor to attack Mordor.
5. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
(a) He is estranged from his father, and ran there for sanctuary.
(b) He wants to prove his valor as a future king of Gondor.
(c) He and his brother had a dream about the sword of Isildur.
(d) His kingdom is failing, and he needs power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
2. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
3. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
4. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
5. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sam marry when he returns to the Shire?
2. Who does Aragorn give the Wild Woods to as the funeral march for Theoden passes through them?
3. Why has Gandalf been forbidden to enter the hall of King Theoden?
4. What is the name given to the Riders of Rohan?
5. What causes Frodo to trust Strider after finding that he snuck in to the hobbits' private room?
6. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to follow Gollum to another entrance into Mordor after finally reaching the Black Gate?
7. Who is the first person that Frodo sees when he awakens in Rivendell after his ride with Glorfindel?
8. What is the crown of the beheaded king's statue made of?
9. What are Hurons, according to Treebeard?
10. What does Gimli think of the trees in the forest that the companionship travel through to get to Isengard after the battle at Helm's Deep?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)