|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) They are afraid of Theoden.
(b) They hate the orcs.
(c) They want to prove to Rohan which side they are on.
(d) Gandalf told them to.
2. What gift doe Eowyn give Merry after he is made a soldier of Gondor?
(a) Special armor.
(b) A mighty shield.
(c) A talisman.
(d) A horn.
3. Who does Pippin help carry to the House of Healing after the battle at Minas Tirith?
4. Why does Eomer return to Minas Tirith after the battle at Mordor?
(a) To join the council of peace with Aragorn.
(b) To attend the wedding of Aragorn and Arwen.
(c) To attend the crowning of Eowyn as Princess of Ithilien.
(d) To return Theoden's body to Rohan.
5. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) A good word with Gandalf.
(b) New of the mission of Frodo.
(c) To leave the forest to the Wildmen.
(d) Half of the spoils of the battle.
6. What happen to Pppin when he looks into the Seeing Stone from Orthnac?
(a) He falls down dead.
(b) He sees Sauran's plan.
(c) He is stricken blind.
(d) He cries out in pain.
7. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
(a) The cold.
(b) The moisture.
(c) The darkness.
(d) The smell.
8. What does Sam hear in the bushes after he cooks the two rabbits?
(a) Gollum arguing with Smeagol.
(b) The forest burning.
(c) An imitated bird-call.
(d) Frodo crying.
9. What does Sam do when Frodo collapses half way up Mount Doom?
(a) Carries Frodo the rest of the way.
(b) Takes the Ring, which gives Frodo some extra strength.
(c) Waits for Frodo to regain strength while keeping guard over his sleeping form.
(d) Gives Frodo the rest of the food.
10. Why does Sam take the Ring from Frodo after wounding Shelob?
(a) Frodo gives him the Ring.
(b) He has become overpowered by the ring.
(c) He saw himself doing this in Galadriel's mirror.
(d) He thinks Frodo is dead.
11. What is Gimli so ashamed of as he travels with Aragorn on his secret mission?
(a) He is the smallest person in the party.
(b) He does not agree with this decision of Aragorn's.
(c) He is the only dwarf.
(d) He is afraid.
12. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
(a) Gollum lost the Ring once and will not let it out of his sight again.
(b) Frodo and Gollum are made brothers by the suffering the Ring causes.
(c) Gollum swore an oath on the ring.
(d) Gollum has an intense sense of loyalty.
13. What does Faramir say when he hears of the route Frodo plans to take to get to Mordor?
(a) That Frodo should choose any other route.
(b) That there are many unknown terrors along that route.
(c) That he has never heard of it.
(d) That he agrees that it is the safest route.
14. Where does the army decide to go after the battle of Minas Tirith?
(b) Helm's Deep.
(c) The Black Gates of Mordor.
15. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) The End of Dreams.
(b) The Black Gate.
(c) The Gate of Sauron.
(d) The Passage of Death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aragorn use to heal Merry and Eowyn?
2. What is every man in Bree carrying when the hobbits pass through on their way back to the Shire?
3. Who officially gives Aragorn the keys to the city of Minas Tirith?
4. Why does Gollum refuse to eat the rabbits that Sam prepares?
5. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)