|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sam restore the trees that were cut down while he was away with Frodo?
(a) He creates a task force of hobits to help him.
(b) He asks Gandalf to help him with his powers.
(c) He has Ted Sandyman do the work since he is the one who destroyed the trees in the first place.
(d) He plants new trees and places a grain of Galadriel's earth on them.
2. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) It is too heavily guarded.
(b) Frodo is not ready to give the ring back.
(c) They are captured.
(d) Sam falls ill and is unable to continue at the present.
3. What do Frodo and Sam find at the exit of Shelob's lair?
(a) Shelob waiting to attack.
(b) A giant rock rolled in the way.
(c) A dead Orc.
(d) A giant web.
4. How does Gollum get the ring back from Frodo?
(a) He tells Frodo that he wants to destroy it himself.
(b) He throws himself at it as Frodo throws it into the flames.
(c) He jumps on him and takes it from his neck.
(d) He bites it off his finger.
5. Where does Theoden lead his men after receiving word that Gondor's troops are in trouble?
(a) Minas Tirith.
(c) Helm's Deep.
6. Who kills the Nazgul King who no man could slay?
7. What causes Eomer to fight fiercely with no thought for his own safety?
(a) Some encouraging words from Gandalf.
(b) The sight of little Merry fighting bravely.
(c) Heckling from an Orc leader.
(d) The sight of Theoden and Eowyn dead.
8. What does Gandalf do when he sees the beheaded statue of the king as they are leaving Minas Tirith?
(a) Creates a new head as a tribute to Theoden.
(b) Restores the head.
(c) Smashes the whole thing.
(d) Creates a new statue of Aragorn.
9. What is Denethor trying to do that Gandalf is determined to stop during the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Tell the soldiers that there is no hope.
(b) Burn himself and his dying son.
(c) Leak intelligence to the enemy.
(d) Kill the next-in-line to the throne.
10. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) The Black Gate.
(b) The End of Dreams.
(c) The Gate of Sauron.
(d) The Passage of Death.
11. Where does Gandalf decide to go when they see a Nazul flying by as they are leaving Isengard?
(a) Helm's Deep.
(b) Minas Tirith.
12. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
(a) Gollum lost the Ring once and will not let it out of his sight again.
(b) Gollum has an intense sense of loyalty.
(c) Gollum swore an oath on the ring.
(d) Frodo and Gollum are made brothers by the suffering the Ring causes.
13. How long are Sam and Frodo unconscious after being rescued from Mount Doom?
(a) 3 Days.
(b) 14 Days.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 6 Months.
14. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
(a) The Crippling Caves.
(b) The Dead Marshes.
(c) The Murky Depths.
(d) The Fanghorn Forest.
15. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) They are afraid of Theoden.
(b) Gandalf told them to.
(c) They want to prove to Rohan which side they are on.
(d) They hate the orcs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sam not kill Gollum when he has the chance on Mount Doom?
2. What scares Theoden's horse and causes it to buck during the battle at Minas Tirith?
3. Who is the 'Chief' that made the new rules of not allowing people to cross Brandywine Bridge at the end of the book?
4. Who does Pippin help carry to the House of Healing after the battle at Minas Tirith?
5. What does Frodo request from the men as they are escorted away from the waterfall?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)