|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Sam and Frodo from a fiery death on Mount Doom?
(b) A Nazgul.
(c) The eagles.
2. Why does Gollum refuse to eat the rabbits that Sam prepares?
(a) He hates herbs from the shire.
(b) He fears that Sam will poison him.
(c) He never eats in front of people.
(d) He only eats raw meat.
3. What does Bill Ferny do when he sees Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin all standing on Brandywine Bridge heavily armed?
(a) He tries to attack them, but they are too battle savvy for him.
(b) He jumps into the river out of fear.
(c) He runs away, never to be seen again.
(d) He cheers for joy that they have made it back safely.
4. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
(b) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
(c) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
(d) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
5. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
(a) The Murky Depths.
(b) The Dead Marshes.
(c) The Crippling Caves.
(d) The Fanghorn Forest.
6. Why does Bilbo give his book to Frodo when Frodo visits him at Rivendell?
(a) Bilbo has written enough in his lifetime.
(b) Bilbo is too aged to write anymore.
(c) Bilbo has written about every adventure in his own life.
(d) Bilbo has gone blind.
7. What does Sam call Gollum when he wakes up at the top of the stairs that rids Gollum of all the good feelings he had?
(a) An image of heartless greed.
(b) A sneak and a villain.
(c) A thief.
(d) All that is wrong with the world.
8. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) Half of the spoils of the battle.
(b) To leave the forest to the Wildmen.
(c) A good word with Gandalf.
(d) New of the mission of Frodo.
9. Who does Aragorn give rule of the city to?
10. What do Sam and Frodo hear some orcs talking about as they travel through Mordor in the ravine?
(a) How Gollum escaped from them.
(b) The escape of the hobbits.
(c) The might of Aragorn.
(d) The death of the Nazgul king.
11. What does Denethor claim that he has seen Gandalf doing in his seeing stone during the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Allow good people to die for a hopeless cause.
(b) Setting himself up to be the King of Gondor.
(c) Carrying the Ring of Power.
(d) Keeping ties with Sauran.
12. What does Gandalf do when he sees the beheaded statue of the king as they are leaving Minas Tirith?
(a) Restores the head.
(b) Creates a new head as a tribute to Theoden.
(c) Smashes the whole thing.
(d) Creates a new statue of Aragorn.
13. Why does Frodo request what he does from the men as he is escorted away from the waterfall?
(a) To replace what they ruined in their ambush.
(b) To make himself even with Gollum.
(c) To show that he truly means no harm.
(d) To help him complete his urgent task sooner.
14. What does Ioreth say at The House of Healing that sends Gandalf looking for Aragorn?
(a) A King among men will Heal the faithful wounded.
(b) A Rangers pack is full of healing herbs.
(c) The hands of the king are the hands of a healer.
(d) The elf born mortal will heal the victors.
15. What do Frodo and Sam find at the exit of Shelob's lair?
(a) A giant web.
(b) Shelob waiting to attack.
(c) A dead Orc.
(d) A giant rock rolled in the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frodo tell the leader of the band of men in Ithilien has been killed?
2. Why does Eomer return to Minas Tirith after the battle at Mordor?
3. Why does Faramir not take the Ring when he finds out what it is?
4. How does Sam get through the tower of Cirith Ungol despite the efforts to stop him?
5. Who kills Saruman?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)