|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has 'imprisoned' Eowyn and Faramir in the House of Healing during the battle at Mordor?
(a) Gandalf and Aragorn.
(b) The medical staff.
(c) Merry and Pippin.
2. What does Merry feel like as he rides with Legolas and Gimli towards Helm's Deep after the parley at Isengard?
(a) Little more than baggage.
(b) A true companion.
(c) Strangely confident.
(d) Lonely without Pippin.
3. After Shelob attacks Frodo and Sam, and Sam chases Gollum up the hillside, Sam next finds Frodo:
(a) Breathing heavily and hallucinating.
(b) In a cocoon of webbing.
(c) Being drained of blood by Shelob.
(d) Helplessly flailing his arms at the giant spider.
4. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
(a) A picture of a lighthouse.
(c) The ships leaving.
(d) A meal of crab.
5. What does Frodo request from the men as they are escorted away from the waterfall?
(a) To fill their packs with food.
(b) To be blindfolded.
(c) To take them to the best path to Mordor.
(d) To be trusted to be untied.
6. Who tells Gandalf what Denethor is doing during the battle at Minas Tirith?
7. Who stops Sam as he tries to enter the Tower of Cirith Ungol?
(c) Some Orcs.
(d) The Silent Watchers.
8. What has Faramir been ordered to do with all trespassers on Gondor soil?
(a) Escort them to the border.
(b) Blindfold them and take them to the court.
(c) Question them intensely.
(d) Kill them.
9. Who does Aragorn name as the new Prince of Ithilien?
10. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
(a) A group of Orcs.
(b) A troop of Mordor Soldiers.
(d) A Nazgul.
11. How long are Sam and Frodo unconscious after being rescued from Mount Doom?
(a) 3 Days.
(b) 6 Months.
(c) 14 Days.
(d) 12 hours.
12. What does Ioreth say at The House of Healing that sends Gandalf looking for Aragorn?
(a) The hands of the king are the hands of a healer.
(b) A Rangers pack is full of healing herbs.
(c) A King among men will Heal the faithful wounded.
(d) The elf born mortal will heal the victors.
13. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Moves to the back of the line and runs away.
(b) Encourages the other men to never lose faith.
(c) Recites memorized prayer over and over.
(d) Gets closer to Theoden.
14. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
(b) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
(c) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
(d) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
15. What does Aragorn use to heal Merry and Eowyn?
(b) Soil and water.
(d) An Elven herb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
2. Where do the fellowship member who were at Isengard ride after the parley with Saruman?
3. Who does Aragorn give rule of the city to?
4. What is Gimli so ashamed of as he travels with Aragorn on his secret mission?
5. What does Sam hear in the bushes after he cooks the two rabbits?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)