|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gollum get the ring back from Frodo?
(a) He tells Frodo that he wants to destroy it himself.
(b) He throws himself at it as Frodo throws it into the flames.
(c) He jumps on him and takes it from his neck.
(d) He bites it off his finger.
2. What is Denethor trying to do that Gandalf is determined to stop during the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Leak intelligence to the enemy.
(b) Burn himself and his dying son.
(c) Kill the next-in-line to the throne.
(d) Tell the soldiers that there is no hope.
3. Who has 'imprisoned' Eowyn and Faramir in the House of Healing during the battle at Mordor?
(b) Gandalf and Aragorn.
(c) The medical staff.
(d) Merry and Pippin.
4. Why do Sam and Frodo jump into a ravine while traveling through Mordor?
(a) The eye turns in their direction.
(b) A nazgul passes them.
(c) They chase after Gollum.
(d) The Ring pulls Frodo into it.
5. Where do the fellowship member who were at Isengard ride after the parley with Saruman?
6. Who does Aragorn name as the new Prince of Ithilien?
7. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
(a) A meal of crab.
(b) A picture of a lighthouse.
(d) The ships leaving.
8. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Gets closer to Theoden.
(b) Recites memorized prayer over and over.
(c) Moves to the back of the line and runs away.
(d) Encourages the other men to never lose faith.
9. What happens when Sam and Frodo are forced to travel on the road through Mordor again?
(a) They are pushed into the ravine.
(b) They are mocked for being such small orcs.
(c) They travel with all the other orcs.
(d) They are trained for battle.
10. How long is an ell?
(a) 450 centimeters.
(b) 45 yards.
(c) 45 inches.
(d) 4.5 feet.
11. What happens to Frodo on the year anniversary of the attack on Weathertop?
(a) Frodo's wound begins to hurt him terribly.
(b) The hobbits all get together to share their stories of the past year.
(c) The Nazguls all die.
(d) Frodo slips into a deep depression.
12. What does Sauron use to parley with Gandalf before they begin the final battle?
(a) An enchanted Orc.
(b) The Mouth of Sauran.
(d) A seeing Stone.
13. What causes Eomer to fight fiercely with no thought for his own safety?
(a) Some encouraging words from Gandalf.
(b) The sight of little Merry fighting bravely.
(c) The sight of Theoden and Eowyn dead.
(d) Heckling from an Orc leader.
14. What does Merry feel like as he rides with Legolas and Gimli towards Helm's Deep after the parley at Isengard?
(a) A true companion.
(b) Little more than baggage.
(c) Strangely confident.
(d) Lonely without Pippin.
15. Who saves Sam and Frodo from a fiery death on Mount Doom?
(c) The eagles.
(d) A Nazgul.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sam get through the tower of Cirith Ungol despite the efforts to stop him?
2. What do Gimli and Legolas discuss as they walk through Minas Tirith after the battle?
3. What does Sam hear in the bushes after he cooks the two rabbits?
4. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
5. Who does Pippin help carry to the House of Healing after the battle at Minas Tirith?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)