|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sam get through the tower of Cirith Ungol despite the efforts to stop him?
(a) He uses the phial of light from Galadriel.
(b) He kills them with Frodo's sword.
(c) He promises to share the power and protection that the Ring offers.
(d) He puts on the Rig and sneaks past.
2. Who kills Saruman?
3. What scares Theoden's horse and causes it to buck during the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) The King of Despair.
(b) The King of the Harad.
(c) A dart.
(d) An oliphant.
4. What does Sam do when Frodo collapses half way up Mount Doom?
(a) Waits for Frodo to regain strength while keeping guard over his sleeping form.
(b) Carries Frodo the rest of the way.
(c) Takes the Ring, which gives Frodo some extra strength.
(d) Gives Frodo the rest of the food.
5. Why does Frodo request what he does from the men as he is escorted away from the waterfall?
(a) To replace what they ruined in their ambush.
(b) To show that he truly means no harm.
(c) To help him complete his urgent task sooner.
(d) To make himself even with Gollum.
6. Who stops Sam as he tries to enter the Tower of Cirith Ungol?
(a) The Silent Watchers.
(c) Some Orcs.
7. Who is the 'Chief' that made the new rules of not allowing people to cross Brandywine Bridge at the end of the book?
8. Who officially gives Aragorn the keys to the city of Minas Tirith?
(b) A guard of Gondor soldiers.
9. Who does Pippin share his room with during his stay at Minas Tirith?
10. What do Frodo and Sam find at the exit of Shelob's lair?
(a) A giant web.
(b) A giant rock rolled in the way.
(c) Shelob waiting to attack.
(d) A dead Orc.
11. How long is an ell?
(a) 45 inches.
(b) 450 centimeters.
(c) 4.5 feet.
(d) 45 yards.
12. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
(a) A great eagle.
(b) Denethor in a crazed state.
(c) A nazgul.
(d) A host of Orc warriors.
13. What gift doe Eowyn give Merry after he is made a soldier of Gondor?
(a) A mighty shield.
(b) A horn.
(c) Special armor.
(d) A talisman.
14. What does Gollum see after their climb up the stairs that softens his heart towards Sam for a moment?
(a) Sam giving of his food to Frodo.
(b) Sam crying and praying for Frodo.
(c) Sam talking to Frodo about how helpful Gollum has been.
(d) Sam and Frodo sleeping.
15. After Shelob attacks Frodo and Sam, and Sam chases Gollum up the hillside, Sam next finds Frodo:
(a) Breathing heavily and hallucinating.
(b) Helplessly flailing his arms at the giant spider.
(c) Being drained of blood by Shelob.
(d) In a cocoon of webbing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frodo tell the leader of the band of men in Ithilien has been killed?
2. Where does Theoden lead his men after receiving word that Gondor's troops are in trouble?
3. Who is following Sam and Frodo as they are journeying towards Mordor?
4. Who does Aragorn give rule of the city to?
5. What does Ioreth say at The House of Healing that sends Gandalf looking for Aragorn?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)