|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam take the Ring from Frodo after wounding Shelob?
(a) He saw himself doing this in Galadriel's mirror.
(b) He has become overpowered by the ring.
(c) He thinks Frodo is dead.
(d) Frodo gives him the Ring.
2. How does Gollum get the ring back from Frodo?
(a) He bites it off his finger.
(b) He jumps on him and takes it from his neck.
(c) He tells Frodo that he wants to destroy it himself.
(d) He throws himself at it as Frodo throws it into the flames.
3. Why does Faramir not take the Ring when he finds out what it is?
(a) He fears its power.
(b) He does not want to be a liar.
(c) He was told by Galadriel's mirror to never touch it.
(d) He knows it killed Boramir.
4. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) They want to prove to Rohan which side they are on.
(b) Gandalf told them to.
(c) They hate the orcs.
(d) They are afraid of Theoden.
5. What does Sam do when Frodo collapses half way up Mount Doom?
(a) Waits for Frodo to regain strength while keeping guard over his sleeping form.
(b) Takes the Ring, which gives Frodo some extra strength.
(c) Carries Frodo the rest of the way.
(d) Gives Frodo the rest of the food.
6. How does Sam restore the trees that were cut down while he was away with Frodo?
(a) He has Ted Sandyman do the work since he is the one who destroyed the trees in the first place.
(b) He creates a task force of hobits to help him.
(c) He plants new trees and places a grain of Galadriel's earth on them.
(d) He asks Gandalf to help him with his powers.
7. What do Gimli and Legolas discuss as they walk through Minas Tirith after the battle?
(a) How much better the dwarves and elves could have made it.
(b) How they are confused about the lack of news from Frodo.
(c) How unexpected their friendship is.
(d) How unexpected their vicotry was.
8. What is the name of Gollum's kinder split pesonality?
9. Why does Eomer return to Minas Tirith after the battle at Mordor?
(a) To join the council of peace with Aragorn.
(b) To attend the wedding of Aragorn and Arwen.
(c) To attend the crowning of Eowyn as Princess of Ithilien.
(d) To return Theoden's body to Rohan.
10. Who has 'imprisoned' Eowyn and Faramir in the House of Healing during the battle at Mordor?
(a) The medical staff.
(c) Gandalf and Aragorn.
(d) Merry and Pippin.
11. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
(a) A meal of crab.
(c) The ships leaving.
(d) A picture of a lighthouse.
12. Where does Gandalf decide to go when they see a Nazul flying by as they are leaving Isengard?
(a) Helm's Deep.
(b) Minas Tirith.
13. How many tiers of stairs does Gandalf have to ride to get to the hall of Denethor?
14. Who does Pippin help carry to the House of Healing after the battle at Minas Tirith?
15. What scares Theoden's horse and causes it to buck during the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) The King of Despair.
(b) A dart.
(c) An oliphant.
(d) The King of the Harad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are Sam and Frodo unconscious after being rescued from Mount Doom?
2. What is Gollum doing in the pool by the waterfall when Faramir sees him?
3. What causes Eomer to fight fiercely with no thought for his own safety?
4. What do Sam and Frodo hear some orcs talking about as they travel through Mordor in the ravine?
5. What does Ioreth say at The House of Healing that sends Gandalf looking for Aragorn?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)