|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Shelob attacks Frodo and Sam, and Sam chases Gollum up the hillside, Sam next finds Frodo:
(a) Being drained of blood by Shelob.
(b) In a cocoon of webbing.
(c) Helplessly flailing his arms at the giant spider.
(d) Breathing heavily and hallucinating.
2. Where does the army decide to go after the battle of Minas Tirith?
(a) Helm's Deep.
(b) The Black Gates of Mordor.
3. Who is the leader of the band of men who apprehend Sam and Frodo by their campfire in Ithilien?
4. Who is following Sam and Frodo as they are journeying towards Mordor?
(a) An orc spy.
(c) An evil spirit.
(d) A Ring Wraith.
5. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
(a) A horrible sound of thunder.
(b) The horn of Rohan.
(c) The cock crowing the morning.
(d) A mighty war cry.
6. What happens to Frodo on the year anniversary of the attack on Weathertop?
(a) Frodo slips into a deep depression.
(b) The hobbits all get together to share their stories of the past year.
(c) Frodo's wound begins to hurt him terribly.
(d) The Nazguls all die.
7. What do Frodo and Sam just barely escape the notice of on the bridge to Minas Morgul.
(a) Faramir's men.
(b) A host of evil ghosts returning to Mordor.
(c) A ringwraithe and an army of orcs.
(d) A troop of Mordor men on Oliphants.
8. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) They hate the orcs.
(b) Gandalf told them to.
(c) They are afraid of Theoden.
(d) They want to prove to Rohan which side they are on.
9. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
(a) A troop of Mordor Soldiers.
(b) A Nazgul.
(d) A group of Orcs.
10. Who tells Gandalf what Denethor is doing during the battle at Minas Tirith?
11. Who does Aragorn give rule of the city to?
12. Who does Pippin help carry to the House of Healing after the battle at Minas Tirith?
13. What is the name of Gollum's kinder split pesonality?
14. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) Half of the spoils of the battle.
(b) To leave the forest to the Wildmen.
(c) New of the mission of Frodo.
(d) A good word with Gandalf.
15. Where does Aragorn decide to go after speaking with the Rangers who found him?
(a) Back to Isengard.
(b) The Paths of the Dead.
(c) To Rivendell to be with Arwen.
(d) To find Frodo at Mordor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the 'Chief' that made the new rules of not allowing people to cross Brandywine Bridge at the end of the book?
2. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
3. Who kills the Nazgul King who no man could slay?
4. What is Denethor trying to do that Gandalf is determined to stop during the battle at Minas Tirith?
5. What are Sam's last words in the book?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)