|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is an ell?
(a) 450 centimeters.
(b) 4.5 feet.
(c) 45 yards.
(d) 45 inches.
2. Where does Gandalf decide to go when they see a Nazul flying by as they are leaving Isengard?
(a) Minas Tirith.
(c) Helm's Deep.
3. Who kills Saruman?
4. What is the name of Gollum's kinder split pesonality?
5. After Shelob attacks Frodo and Sam, and Sam chases Gollum up the hillside, Sam next finds Frodo:
(a) In a cocoon of webbing.
(b) Helplessly flailing his arms at the giant spider.
(c) Breathing heavily and hallucinating.
(d) Being drained of blood by Shelob.
6. Why does Faramir not take the Ring when he finds out what it is?
(a) He knows it killed Boramir.
(b) He does not want to be a liar.
(c) He fears its power.
(d) He was told by Galadriel's mirror to never touch it.
7. What is Gimli so ashamed of as he travels with Aragorn on his secret mission?
(a) He is the smallest person in the party.
(b) He does not agree with this decision of Aragorn's.
(c) He is the only dwarf.
(d) He is afraid.
8. Who kills the Nazgul King who no man could slay?
9. Why does Sam take the Ring from Frodo after wounding Shelob?
(a) He thinks Frodo is dead.
(b) He saw himself doing this in Galadriel's mirror.
(c) He has become overpowered by the ring.
(d) Frodo gives him the Ring.
10. Why do Sam and Frodo jump into a ravine while traveling through Mordor?
(a) The eye turns in their direction.
(b) The Ring pulls Frodo into it.
(c) A nazgul passes them.
(d) They chase after Gollum.
11. Where does Aragorn decide to go after speaking with the Rangers who found him?
(a) Back to Isengard.
(b) To Rivendell to be with Arwen.
(c) To find Frodo at Mordor.
(d) The Paths of the Dead.
12. Why does Frodo request what he does from the men as he is escorted away from the waterfall?
(a) To make himself even with Gollum.
(b) To show that he truly means no harm.
(c) To replace what they ruined in their ambush.
(d) To help him complete his urgent task sooner.
13. How do Sam and Frodo get through Mordor undetected?
(a) They don the armor of dead orcs.
(b) They use their Elven cloaks.
(c) They crawl on the ground.
(d) They trade off wearing the Ring.
14. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
(a) A mighty war cry.
(b) A horrible sound of thunder.
(c) The horn of Rohan.
(d) The cock crowing the morning.
15. What has Faramir been ordered to do with all trespassers on Gondor soil?
(a) Escort them to the border.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Question them intensely.
(d) Blindfold them and take them to the court.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sam restore the trees that were cut down while he was away with Frodo?
2. What does Ioreth say at The House of Healing that sends Gandalf looking for Aragorn?
3. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
4. Why does Eomer return to Minas Tirith after the battle at Mordor?
5. What happen to Pppin when he looks into the Seeing Stone from Orthnac?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)