|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Sam and Frodo are forced to travel on the road through Mordor again?
(a) They are mocked for being such small orcs.
(b) They are pushed into the ravine.
(c) They travel with all the other orcs.
(d) They are trained for battle.
2. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
(a) The Crippling Caves.
(b) The Murky Depths.
(c) The Fanghorn Forest.
(d) The Dead Marshes.
3. Why does Sam not kill Gollum when he has the chance on Mount Doom?
(a) Gollum knocks Sam unconscious.
(b) He has pity on him.
(c) Gollum pretends to be dead.
(d) He follows after Frodo to keep him safe.
4. Who does Aragorn name as the new Prince of Ithilien?
5. What does Merry feel like as he rides with Legolas and Gimli towards Helm's Deep after the parley at Isengard?
(a) A true companion.
(b) Strangely confident.
(c) Little more than baggage.
(d) Lonely without Pippin.
6. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
(b) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
(c) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
(d) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
7. What are Sam's last words in the book?
(a) Things have certainly changed.
(b) Well, I'm back.
(c) I will miss him.
(d) I am a different man now.
8. After Shelob attacks Frodo and Sam, and Sam chases Gollum up the hillside, Sam next finds Frodo:
(a) In a cocoon of webbing.
(b) Breathing heavily and hallucinating.
(c) Helplessly flailing his arms at the giant spider.
(d) Being drained of blood by Shelob.
9. What is the name of the person who is in control of the Shire when Frodo returns there at the end of the book?
10. How do Sam and Frodo get through Mordor undetected?
(a) They crawl on the ground.
(b) They trade off wearing the Ring.
(c) They don the armor of dead orcs.
(d) They use their Elven cloaks.
11. Where does Gandalf decide to go when they see a Nazul flying by as they are leaving Isengard?
(a) Helm's Deep.
(d) Minas Tirith.
12. Who is the leader of the band of men who apprehend Sam and Frodo by their campfire in Ithilien?
13. What does Frodo request from the men as they are escorted away from the waterfall?
(a) To be blindfolded.
(b) To fill their packs with food.
(c) To be trusted to be untied.
(d) To take them to the best path to Mordor.
14. What causes the Orcs at the Black Gate to become confused and disoriented?
(a) The power of Sauran leaves them.
(b) They are attacked by eagles from the sky.
(c) They see Aragorn, who they thought was dead.
(d) They learn that the Nazgul king was killed.
15. Why does Eomer return to Minas Tirith after the battle at Mordor?
(a) To attend the wedding of Aragorn and Arwen.
(b) To attend the crowning of Eowyn as Princess of Ithilien.
(c) To return Theoden's body to Rohan.
(d) To join the council of peace with Aragorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faramir say when he hears of the route Frodo plans to take to get to Mordor?
2. How does Sam restore the trees that were cut down while he was away with Frodo?
3. What does Gandalf do when he sees the beheaded statue of the king as they are leaving Minas Tirith?
4. What do Frodo and Sam just barely escape the notice of on the bridge to Minas Morgul.
5. Who does Aragorn give rule of the city to?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)