|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill Ferny do when he sees Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin all standing on Brandywine Bridge heavily armed?
(a) He runs away, never to be seen again.
(b) He jumps into the river out of fear.
(c) He cheers for joy that they have made it back safely.
(d) He tries to attack them, but they are too battle savvy for him.
2. Why does Bilbo give his book to Frodo when Frodo visits him at Rivendell?
(a) Bilbo has written enough in his lifetime.
(b) Bilbo is too aged to write anymore.
(c) Bilbo has written about every adventure in his own life.
(d) Bilbo has gone blind.
3. How long are Sam and Frodo unconscious after being rescued from Mount Doom?
(a) 14 Days.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 3 Days.
(d) 6 Months.
4. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
(a) The ships leaving.
(b) A meal of crab.
(c) A picture of a lighthouse.
5. What is Denethor trying to do that Gandalf is determined to stop during the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Kill the next-in-line to the throne.
(b) Burn himself and his dying son.
(c) Tell the soldiers that there is no hope.
(d) Leak intelligence to the enemy.
6. Who kills the Nazgul King who no man could slay?
7. How does Gollum get the ring back from Frodo?
(a) He throws himself at it as Frodo throws it into the flames.
(b) He bites it off his finger.
(c) He jumps on him and takes it from his neck.
(d) He tells Frodo that he wants to destroy it himself.
8. Why does Gollum refuse to eat the rabbits that Sam prepares?
(a) He never eats in front of people.
(b) He fears that Sam will poison him.
(c) He hates herbs from the shire.
(d) He only eats raw meat.
9. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) Gandalf told them to.
(b) They are afraid of Theoden.
(c) They hate the orcs.
(d) They want to prove to Rohan which side they are on.
10. Who saves Sam and Frodo from a fiery death on Mount Doom?
(c) A Nazgul.
(d) The eagles.
11. After Shelob attacks Frodo and Sam, and Sam chases Gollum up the hillside, Sam next finds Frodo:
(a) In a cocoon of webbing.
(b) Helplessly flailing his arms at the giant spider.
(c) Breathing heavily and hallucinating.
(d) Being drained of blood by Shelob.
12. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) They are captured.
(b) Sam falls ill and is unable to continue at the present.
(c) Frodo is not ready to give the ring back.
(d) It is too heavily guarded.
13. Where does Theoden lead his men after receiving word that Gondor's troops are in trouble?
(b) Minas Tirith.
(d) Helm's Deep.
14. Who does Aragorn name as the new Prince of Ithilien?
15. What do Frodo and Sam find at the exit of Shelob's lair?
(a) A giant rock rolled in the way.
(b) Shelob waiting to attack.
(c) A giant web.
(d) A dead Orc.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the 'Chief' that made the new rules of not allowing people to cross Brandywine Bridge at the end of the book?
2. Who is following Sam and Frodo as they are journeying towards Mordor?
3. What does Aragorn use to heal Merry and Eowyn?
4. What scares the great spider away in Shelob's lair?
5. What does Ioreth say at The House of Healing that sends Gandalf looking for Aragorn?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)