|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam call Gollum when he wakes up at the top of the stairs that rids Gollum of all the good feelings he had?
(a) A sneak and a villain.
(b) An image of heartless greed.
(c) A thief.
(d) All that is wrong with the world.
2. Who does Frodo tell the leader of the band of men in Ithilien has been killed?
3. What is Denethor trying to do that Gandalf is determined to stop during the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Tell the soldiers that there is no hope.
(b) Burn himself and his dying son.
(c) Kill the next-in-line to the throne.
(d) Leak intelligence to the enemy.
4. What has Faramir been ordered to do with all trespassers on Gondor soil?
(a) Escort them to the border.
(b) Question them intensely.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Blindfold them and take them to the court.
5. What is the name of Gollum's kinder split pesonality?
6. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
(a) A nazgul.
(b) A host of Orc warriors.
(c) A great eagle.
(d) Denethor in a crazed state.
7. What does Faramir say when he hears of the route Frodo plans to take to get to Mordor?
(a) That Frodo should choose any other route.
(b) That he agrees that it is the safest route.
(c) That he has never heard of it.
(d) That there are many unknown terrors along that route.
8. What causes the Orcs at the Black Gate to become confused and disoriented?
(a) They see Aragorn, who they thought was dead.
(b) They are attacked by eagles from the sky.
(c) The power of Sauran leaves them.
(d) They learn that the Nazgul king was killed.
9. What happen to Pppin when he looks into the Seeing Stone from Orthnac?
(a) He cries out in pain.
(b) He is stricken blind.
(c) He falls down dead.
(d) He sees Sauran's plan.
10. Why does Sam not kill Gollum when he has the chance on Mount Doom?
(a) Gollum knocks Sam unconscious.
(b) He follows after Frodo to keep him safe.
(c) He has pity on him.
(d) Gollum pretends to be dead.
11. Where do the fellowship member who were at Isengard ride after the parley with Saruman?
12. What is every man in Bree carrying when the hobbits pass through on their way back to the Shire?
(a) Bottles of ale.
13. Why is Merry so upset when Theoden and his army head off to battle?
(a) Theoden promised to wait for the return of Aragorn.
(b) Theoden wants Merry to stay away from the battle.
(c) Merry thinks that they should get well rested before joining another battle.
(d) Merry feels that this call for help is a trap.
14. How long are Sam and Frodo unconscious after being rescued from Mount Doom?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 3 Days.
(c) 14 Days.
(d) 6 Months.
15. What does Denethor claim that he has seen Gandalf doing in his seeing stone during the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Keeping ties with Sauran.
(b) Allow good people to die for a hopeless cause.
(c) Carrying the Ring of Power.
(d) Setting himself up to be the King of Gondor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tiers of stairs does Gandalf have to ride to get to the hall of Denethor?
2. What does Merry feel like as he rides with Legolas and Gimli towards Helm's Deep after the parley at Isengard?
3. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
4. What does Bill Ferny do when he sees Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin all standing on Brandywine Bridge heavily armed?
5. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)