|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aragorn use to heal Merry and Eowyn?
(a) Soil and water.
(c) An Elven herb.
2. Who does Pippin share his room with during his stay at Minas Tirith?
3. What has Faramir been ordered to do with all trespassers on Gondor soil?
(a) Blindfold them and take them to the court.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Escort them to the border.
(d) Question them intensely.
4. What does Frodo request from the men as they are escorted away from the waterfall?
(a) To fill their packs with food.
(b) To be trusted to be untied.
(c) To be blindfolded.
(d) To take them to the best path to Mordor.
5. Where does Gandalf decide to go when they see a Nazul flying by as they are leaving Isengard?
(a) Minas Tirith.
(d) Helm's Deep.
6. Where do Sam and Frodo sleep after their exhausting climb down an almost sheer rock-face?
(a) Under a tree.
(b) The open ground.
(c) A cave.
(d) In a tent provided by the elves.
7. What does Bill Ferny do when he sees Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin all standing on Brandywine Bridge heavily armed?
(a) He tries to attack them, but they are too battle savvy for him.
(b) He jumps into the river out of fear.
(c) He runs away, never to be seen again.
(d) He cheers for joy that they have made it back safely.
8. Why does Gollum refuse to eat the rabbits that Sam prepares?
(a) He never eats in front of people.
(b) He only eats raw meat.
(c) He fears that Sam will poison him.
(d) He hates herbs from the shire.
9. What does Sam do when Frodo collapses half way up Mount Doom?
(a) Takes the Ring, which gives Frodo some extra strength.
(b) Gives Frodo the rest of the food.
(c) Carries Frodo the rest of the way.
(d) Waits for Frodo to regain strength while keeping guard over his sleeping form.
10. What happens when Sam and Frodo are forced to travel on the road through Mordor again?
(a) They are pushed into the ravine.
(b) They are trained for battle.
(c) They travel with all the other orcs.
(d) They are mocked for being such small orcs.
11. Who does Aragorn name as the new Prince of Ithilien?
12. What does Sam hear in the bushes after he cooks the two rabbits?
(a) Frodo crying.
(b) An imitated bird-call.
(c) Gollum arguing with Smeagol.
(d) The forest burning.
13. What do Frodo and Sam just barely escape the notice of on the bridge to Minas Morgul.
(a) A host of evil ghosts returning to Mordor.
(b) Faramir's men.
(c) A troop of Mordor men on Oliphants.
(d) A ringwraithe and an army of orcs.
14. What happen to Pppin when he looks into the Seeing Stone from Orthnac?
(a) He falls down dead.
(b) He sees Sauran's plan.
(c) He is stricken blind.
(d) He cries out in pain.
15. Why is Merry so upset when Theoden and his army head off to battle?
(a) Merry feels that this call for help is a trap.
(b) Theoden wants Merry to stay away from the battle.
(c) Theoden promised to wait for the return of Aragorn.
(d) Merry thinks that they should get well rested before joining another battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
2. How does Sam restore the trees that were cut down while he was away with Frodo?
3. What is Gollum doing in the pool by the waterfall when Faramir sees him?
4. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
5. Who is the 'Chief' that made the new rules of not allowing people to cross Brandywine Bridge at the end of the book?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)