|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sam get through the tower of Cirith Ungol despite the efforts to stop him?
(a) He puts on the Rig and sneaks past.
(b) He promises to share the power and protection that the Ring offers.
(c) He uses the phial of light from Galadriel.
(d) He kills them with Frodo's sword.
2. Why do Sam and Frodo jump into a ravine while traveling through Mordor?
(a) A nazgul passes them.
(b) They chase after Gollum.
(c) The eye turns in their direction.
(d) The Ring pulls Frodo into it.
3. Who saves Sam and Frodo from a fiery death on Mount Doom?
(a) The eagles.
(d) A Nazgul.
4. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
(a) A mighty war cry.
(b) The cock crowing the morning.
(c) A horrible sound of thunder.
(d) The horn of Rohan.
5. What scares the great spider away in Shelob's lair?
(a) Sam's box of earth from Galadriel.
(b) The phial of light from Galadriel.
(c) Gollum's threats.
(d) The sword from Bilbo.
6. Who kills Saruman?
7. Why is Merry so upset when Theoden and his army head off to battle?
(a) Merry thinks that they should get well rested before joining another battle.
(b) Theoden promised to wait for the return of Aragorn.
(c) Theoden wants Merry to stay away from the battle.
(d) Merry feels that this call for help is a trap.
8. What does Gandalf do when he sees the beheaded statue of the king as they are leaving Minas Tirith?
(a) Restores the head.
(b) Smashes the whole thing.
(c) Creates a new head as a tribute to Theoden.
(d) Creates a new statue of Aragorn.
9. What does Sam hear in the bushes after he cooks the two rabbits?
(a) An imitated bird-call.
(b) The forest burning.
(c) Gollum arguing with Smeagol.
(d) Frodo crying.
10. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) New of the mission of Frodo.
(b) To leave the forest to the Wildmen.
(c) Half of the spoils of the battle.
(d) A good word with Gandalf.
11. How do Sam and Frodo get through Mordor undetected?
(a) They use their Elven cloaks.
(b) They don the armor of dead orcs.
(c) They crawl on the ground.
(d) They trade off wearing the Ring.
12. Who stops Sam as he tries to enter the Tower of Cirith Ungol?
(a) The Silent Watchers.
(b) Some Orcs.
13. What has Faramir been ordered to do with all trespassers on Gondor soil?
(a) Question them intensely.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Escort them to the border.
(d) Blindfold them and take them to the court.
14. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
(a) The Fanghorn Forest.
(b) The Dead Marshes.
(c) The Crippling Caves.
(d) The Murky Depths.
15. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) The End of Dreams.
(b) The Passage of Death.
(c) The Gate of Sauron.
(d) The Black Gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the 'Chief' that made the new rules of not allowing people to cross Brandywine Bridge at the end of the book?
2. Why does Sam take the Ring from Frodo after wounding Shelob?
3. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
4. Who does Frodo tell the leader of the band of men in Ithilien has been killed?
5. What does Bill Ferny do when he sees Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin all standing on Brandywine Bridge heavily armed?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)