|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sauron use to parley with Gandalf before they begin the final battle?
(a) A seeing Stone.
(b) An enchanted Orc.
(d) The Mouth of Sauran.
2. What happen to Pppin when he looks into the Seeing Stone from Orthnac?
(a) He falls down dead.
(b) He is stricken blind.
(c) He sees Sauran's plan.
(d) He cries out in pain.
3. Where does Theoden lead his men after receiving word that Gondor's troops are in trouble?
(b) Helm's Deep.
(d) Minas Tirith.
4. Why does Gollum refuse to eat the rabbits that Sam prepares?
(a) He fears that Sam will poison him.
(b) He never eats in front of people.
(c) He hates herbs from the shire.
(d) He only eats raw meat.
5. Who has 'imprisoned' Eowyn and Faramir in the House of Healing during the battle at Mordor?
(a) The medical staff.
(b) Merry and Pippin.
(c) Gandalf and Aragorn.
6. What does Aragorn use to heal Merry and Eowyn?
(a) An Elven herb.
(d) Soil and water.
7. Why does Eomer return to Minas Tirith after the battle at Mordor?
(a) To attend the wedding of Aragorn and Arwen.
(b) To return Theoden's body to Rohan.
(c) To attend the crowning of Eowyn as Princess of Ithilien.
(d) To join the council of peace with Aragorn.
8. How do Sam and Frodo get through Mordor undetected?
(a) They don the armor of dead orcs.
(b) They trade off wearing the Ring.
(c) They crawl on the ground.
(d) They use their Elven cloaks.
9. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
(b) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
(c) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
(d) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
10. What is the name of Gollum's kinder split pesonality?
11. Who stops Sam as he tries to enter the Tower of Cirith Ungol?
(c) The Silent Watchers.
(d) Some Orcs.
12. What is every man in Bree carrying when the hobbits pass through on their way back to the Shire?
(b) Bottles of ale.
13. What does Sam hear the Orcs say when he is in Cirith Ungol?
(a) Gollum was killed by the spider.
(b) Sauran knows where the Ring is.
(c) The armies of Mordor are getting ready to attack Minas Tirith.
(d) Frodo is not dead, only paralyzed.
14. How does Sam restore the trees that were cut down while he was away with Frodo?
(a) He creates a task force of hobits to help him.
(b) He has Ted Sandyman do the work since he is the one who destroyed the trees in the first place.
(c) He asks Gandalf to help him with his powers.
(d) He plants new trees and places a grain of Galadriel's earth on them.
15. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) They are captured.
(b) It is too heavily guarded.
(c) Frodo is not ready to give the ring back.
(d) Sam falls ill and is unable to continue at the present.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aragorn name as the new Prince of Ithilien?
2. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
3. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
4. Who does Aragorn give rule of the city to?
5. What does Faramir say when he hears of the route Frodo plans to take to get to Mordor?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)