|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Sam and Frodo from a fiery death on Mount Doom?
(a) A Nazgul.
(c) The eagles.
2. Where does Aragorn decide to go after speaking with the Rangers who found him?
(a) To find Frodo at Mordor.
(b) Back to Isengard.
(c) The Paths of the Dead.
(d) To Rivendell to be with Arwen.
3. What is Gollum doing in the pool by the waterfall when Faramir sees him?
(a) Catching fish.
(c) Plotting to kill Frodo.
4. Why does Bilbo give his book to Frodo when Frodo visits him at Rivendell?
(a) Bilbo has gone blind.
(b) Bilbo has written about every adventure in his own life.
(c) Bilbo has written enough in his lifetime.
(d) Bilbo is too aged to write anymore.
5. How do Sam and Frodo get through Mordor undetected?
(a) They crawl on the ground.
(b) They don the armor of dead orcs.
(c) They use their Elven cloaks.
(d) They trade off wearing the Ring.
6. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) The Black Gate.
(b) The Passage of Death.
(c) The End of Dreams.
(d) The Gate of Sauron.
7. What do Sam and Frodo hear some orcs talking about as they travel through Mordor in the ravine?
(a) The might of Aragorn.
(b) How Gollum escaped from them.
(c) The death of the Nazgul king.
(d) The escape of the hobbits.
8. Where do Sam and Frodo sleep after their exhausting climb down an almost sheer rock-face?
(a) The open ground.
(b) In a tent provided by the elves.
(c) Under a tree.
(d) A cave.
9. What happens when Sam and Frodo are forced to travel on the road through Mordor again?
(a) They travel with all the other orcs.
(b) They are mocked for being such small orcs.
(c) They are pushed into the ravine.
(d) They are trained for battle.
10. Why are the men of Gondor worried when Gandalf rides past them with Pippin on his way to Minas Tirith?
(a) They see the worried expression on his face and the fast pace of his horse.
(b) Gandalf is the bearer of bad news.
(c) They think he is Saruman because of his white robes.
(d) They thought Gandalf was dead.
11. What does Sam hear in the bushes after he cooks the two rabbits?
(a) Frodo crying.
(b) Gollum arguing with Smeagol.
(c) The forest burning.
(d) An imitated bird-call.
12. Who kills Saruman?
13. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) It is too heavily guarded.
(b) Frodo is not ready to give the ring back.
(c) Sam falls ill and is unable to continue at the present.
(d) They are captured.
14. What does Gollum see after their climb up the stairs that softens his heart towards Sam for a moment?
(a) Sam giving of his food to Frodo.
(b) Sam and Frodo sleeping.
(c) Sam talking to Frodo about how helpful Gollum has been.
(d) Sam crying and praying for Frodo.
15. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) A good word with Gandalf.
(b) To leave the forest to the Wildmen.
(c) Half of the spoils of the battle.
(d) New of the mission of Frodo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
2. What does Sauron use to parley with Gandalf before they begin the final battle?
3. What is on the head of the statue of a king that Frodo and Sam see as they journey to the less traveled path to Mordor?
4. What does Faramir say when he hears of the route Frodo plans to take to get to Mordor?
5. What is Gimli so ashamed of as he travels with Aragorn on his secret mission?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)