|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the fellowship member who were at Isengard ride after the parley with Saruman?
2. What does Merry feel like as he rides with Legolas and Gimli towards Helm's Deep after the parley at Isengard?
(a) Little more than baggage.
(b) Lonely without Pippin.
(c) Strangely confident.
(d) A true companion.
3. What does Ioreth say at The House of Healing that sends Gandalf looking for Aragorn?
(a) A King among men will Heal the faithful wounded.
(b) The elf born mortal will heal the victors.
(c) A Rangers pack is full of healing herbs.
(d) The hands of the king are the hands of a healer.
4. Who tells Gandalf what Denethor is doing during the battle at Minas Tirith?
5. How does Sam restore the trees that were cut down while he was away with Frodo?
(a) He has Ted Sandyman do the work since he is the one who destroyed the trees in the first place.
(b) He plants new trees and places a grain of Galadriel's earth on them.
(c) He asks Gandalf to help him with his powers.
(d) He creates a task force of hobits to help him.
6. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Moves to the back of the line and runs away.
(b) Encourages the other men to never lose faith.
(c) Gets closer to Theoden.
(d) Recites memorized prayer over and over.
7. How long are Sam and Frodo unconscious after being rescued from Mount Doom?
(a) 3 Days.
(b) 6 Months.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 14 Days.
8. How long is an ell?
(a) 45 yards.
(b) 4.5 feet.
(c) 450 centimeters.
(d) 45 inches.
9. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) They are afraid of Theoden.
(b) They hate the orcs.
(c) They want to prove to Rohan which side they are on.
(d) Gandalf told them to.
10. Why does Faramir not take the Ring when he finds out what it is?
(a) He knows it killed Boramir.
(b) He was told by Galadriel's mirror to never touch it.
(c) He fears its power.
(d) He does not want to be a liar.
11. Where does Theoden lead his men after receiving word that Gondor's troops are in trouble?
(a) Minas Tirith.
(d) Helm's Deep.
12. What signal is brought to Theoden that means Gondor is in dire need?
(a) A flaming signal.
(b) A blood soaked letter from Denethol.
(c) A red arrow.
(d) A message from Gandalf sent by an eagle.
13. Who stops Sam as he tries to enter the Tower of Cirith Ungol?
(b) Some Orcs.
(d) The Silent Watchers.
14. Who does Aragorn name as the new Prince of Ithilien?
15. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) New of the mission of Frodo.
(b) Half of the spoils of the battle.
(c) To leave the forest to the Wildmen.
(d) A good word with Gandalf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pippin help carry to the House of Healing after the battle at Minas Tirith?
2. Who is following Sam and Frodo as they are journeying towards Mordor?
3. Why does Sam not kill Gollum when he has the chance on Mount Doom?
4. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
5. Why does Bilbo give his book to Frodo when Frodo visits him at Rivendell?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)