|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) It is too heavily guarded.
(b) Sam falls ill and is unable to continue at the present.
(c) Frodo is not ready to give the ring back.
(d) They are captured.
2. What is every man in Bree carrying when the hobbits pass through on their way back to the Shire?
(d) Bottles of ale.
3. What do Sam and Frodo hear some orcs talking about as they travel through Mordor in the ravine?
(a) The escape of the hobbits.
(b) How Gollum escaped from them.
(c) The death of the Nazgul king.
(d) The might of Aragorn.
4. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Encourages the other men to never lose faith.
(b) Recites memorized prayer over and over.
(c) Moves to the back of the line and runs away.
(d) Gets closer to Theoden.
5. Who stops Sam as he tries to enter the Tower of Cirith Ungol?
(a) Some Orcs.
(c) The Silent Watchers.
6. Who does Pippin share his room with during his stay at Minas Tirith?
7. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
(a) The Dead Marshes.
(b) The Fanghorn Forest.
(c) The Crippling Caves.
(d) The Murky Depths.
8. How does Sam restore the trees that were cut down while he was away with Frodo?
(a) He plants new trees and places a grain of Galadriel's earth on them.
(b) He has Ted Sandyman do the work since he is the one who destroyed the trees in the first place.
(c) He asks Gandalf to help him with his powers.
(d) He creates a task force of hobits to help him.
9. What is the name of Gollum's kinder split pesonality?
10. What is Gimli so ashamed of as he travels with Aragorn on his secret mission?
(a) He is the smallest person in the party.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He does not agree with this decision of Aragorn's.
(d) He is the only dwarf.
11. What signal is brought to Theoden that means Gondor is in dire need?
(a) A message from Gandalf sent by an eagle.
(b) A flaming signal.
(c) A red arrow.
(d) A blood soaked letter from Denethol.
12. How long are Sam and Frodo unconscious after being rescued from Mount Doom?
(a) 3 Days.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 14 Days.
(d) 6 Months.
13. What does Frodo request from the men as they are escorted away from the waterfall?
(a) To be blindfolded.
(b) To take them to the best path to Mordor.
(c) To be trusted to be untied.
(d) To fill their packs with food.
14. Where does Gandalf decide to go when they see a Nazul flying by as they are leaving Isengard?
(a) Helm's Deep.
(b) Minas Tirith.
15. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
(a) Gollum has an intense sense of loyalty.
(b) Frodo and Gollum are made brothers by the suffering the Ring causes.
(c) Gollum swore an oath on the ring.
(d) Gollum lost the Ring once and will not let it out of his sight again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Gandalf what Denethor is doing during the battle at Minas Tirith?
2. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
3. How many tiers of stairs does Gandalf have to ride to get to the hall of Denethor?
4. What is the name of the person who is in control of the Shire when Frodo returns there at the end of the book?
5. Why does Sam take the Ring from Frodo after wounding Shelob?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)