|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift doe Eowyn give Merry after he is made a soldier of Gondor?
(a) A talisman.
(b) A mighty shield.
(c) Special armor.
(d) A horn.
2. Why are the men of Gondor worried when Gandalf rides past them with Pippin on his way to Minas Tirith?
(a) They see the worried expression on his face and the fast pace of his horse.
(b) Gandalf is the bearer of bad news.
(c) They thought Gandalf was dead.
(d) They think he is Saruman because of his white robes.
3. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) To leave the forest to the Wildmen.
(b) Half of the spoils of the battle.
(c) New of the mission of Frodo.
(d) A good word with Gandalf.
4. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
(a) Gollum lost the Ring once and will not let it out of his sight again.
(b) Frodo and Gollum are made brothers by the suffering the Ring causes.
(c) Gollum swore an oath on the ring.
(d) Gollum has an intense sense of loyalty.
5. Who is the leader of the band of men who apprehend Sam and Frodo by their campfire in Ithilien?
6. How does Sam get through the tower of Cirith Ungol despite the efforts to stop him?
(a) He puts on the Rig and sneaks past.
(b) He promises to share the power and protection that the Ring offers.
(c) He kills them with Frodo's sword.
(d) He uses the phial of light from Galadriel.
7. Who does Aragorn name as the new Prince of Ithilien?
8. Who does Aragorn give rule of the city to?
9. Who stops Sam as he tries to enter the Tower of Cirith Ungol?
(c) The Silent Watchers.
(d) Some Orcs.
10. How long is an ell?
(a) 45 inches.
(b) 4.5 feet.
(c) 450 centimeters.
(d) 45 yards.
11. Who officially gives Aragorn the keys to the city of Minas Tirith?
(c) A guard of Gondor soldiers.
12. What are Sam's last words in the book?
(a) I am a different man now.
(b) I will miss him.
(c) Things have certainly changed.
(d) Well, I'm back.
13. What happens when Sam and Frodo are forced to travel on the road through Mordor again?
(a) They are trained for battle.
(b) They travel with all the other orcs.
(c) They are mocked for being such small orcs.
(d) They are pushed into the ravine.
14. Why does Gollum refuse to eat the rabbits that Sam prepares?
(a) He fears that Sam will poison him.
(b) He hates herbs from the shire.
(c) He never eats in front of people.
(d) He only eats raw meat.
15. Why do Sam and Frodo jump into a ravine while traveling through Mordor?
(a) The Ring pulls Frodo into it.
(b) A nazgul passes them.
(c) They chase after Gollum.
(d) The eye turns in their direction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
2. How do Sam and Frodo get through Mordor undetected?
3. What does Sam call Gollum when he wakes up at the top of the stairs that rids Gollum of all the good feelings he had?
4. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
5. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)