|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
(a) Gollum lost the Ring once and will not let it out of his sight again.
(b) Gollum swore an oath on the ring.
(c) Frodo and Gollum are made brothers by the suffering the Ring causes.
(d) Gollum has an intense sense of loyalty.
2. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
(b) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
(c) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
(d) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
3. What has Faramir been ordered to do with all trespassers on Gondor soil?
(a) Blindfold them and take them to the court.
(b) Question them intensely.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Escort them to the border.
4. Where does Theoden lead his men after receiving word that Gondor's troops are in trouble?
(b) Helm's Deep.
(d) Minas Tirith.
5. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
(a) The Murky Depths.
(b) The Crippling Caves.
(c) The Fanghorn Forest.
(d) The Dead Marshes.
6. What do Gimli and Legolas discuss as they walk through Minas Tirith after the battle?
(a) How they are confused about the lack of news from Frodo.
(b) How much better the dwarves and elves could have made it.
(c) How unexpected their friendship is.
(d) How unexpected their vicotry was.
7. How long are Sam and Frodo unconscious after being rescued from Mount Doom?
(a) 3 Days.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 6 Months.
(d) 14 Days.
8. What is the name of Gollum's kinder split pesonality?
9. How many tiers of stairs does Gandalf have to ride to get to the hall of Denethor?
10. Why does Gollum refuse to eat the rabbits that Sam prepares?
(a) He fears that Sam will poison him.
(b) He hates herbs from the shire.
(c) He only eats raw meat.
(d) He never eats in front of people.
11. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
(a) The cold.
(b) The darkness.
(c) The moisture.
(d) The smell.
12. Who tells Gandalf what Denethor is doing during the battle at Minas Tirith?
13. Why does Sam not kill Gollum when he has the chance on Mount Doom?
(a) He follows after Frodo to keep him safe.
(b) Gollum knocks Sam unconscious.
(c) Gollum pretends to be dead.
(d) He has pity on him.
14. What causes the Orcs at the Black Gate to become confused and disoriented?
(a) They learn that the Nazgul king was killed.
(b) The power of Sauran leaves them.
(c) They see Aragorn, who they thought was dead.
(d) They are attacked by eagles from the sky.
15. What do Frodo and Sam find at the exit of Shelob's lair?
(a) A giant web.
(b) A giant rock rolled in the way.
(c) A dead Orc.
(d) Shelob waiting to attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
2. Who is the 'Chief' that made the new rules of not allowing people to cross Brandywine Bridge at the end of the book?
3. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
4. What signal is brought to Theoden that means Gondor is in dire need?
5. How long is an ell?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)